What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The trouble with St. George Illawarra

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I think that is Saint_JimmyG and st penguin from the "Everything is pointing towards a premiership 2018" thread. Looks like Muzby must have escaped, i guess he won the counting competition.

Add another 40kgs, you’re probably right.

Actually I won both the logic and counting competitions, and I thank those who chose to participate.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You’ve confused with the bloke who KNOWS that any particular decade must start with a one and ends with a zero.

After nine comes 10, does it not?
Have a quick read of some base mathematical theory and we’ll reconvene the discussion after that..

st penguin

Juniors
I’ll do the same when you acknowledge that 2000 was the last year of the 20th century.

oh dear lord. This is like a bar fight that has spilled onto the street - and now others are getting involved.

2000 was the last year of the 20th century
However, that does not mean the year 2000 was in the 90s!

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
oh dear lord. This is like a bar fight that has spilled onto the street - and now others are getting involved.

Actually, this is more akin to a schooll kid farting in class than any bar fight.

So if 2000 was the last year of the 20th century...and we both agree there... it means the first year of the new one was 2001.

Therefore, 2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 2010 MUST be the first decade of the new millennium.

Phew.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’ll do the same when you acknowledge that 2000 was the last year of the 20th century.
I already mentioned that (when I brought up the Gregorian calendar)

What i am referring to with the 1+1=1 is your example of a team winning its first premiership.

Our numerical system works off a base10 system, which starts at zero.

This also flows into how we refer to time now.. the 90s started in 1990.. the 1900’s (as distinct from the 20th century) started in 1900..

#mathswithmuzby

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Spot on.

We were fortunate to win a premiership in 2010. If not, it would have been quite the low point. In every decade since Saints entered the first grade in 1921, we have qualified for a premiership decider aka grand final (or 'final' depending on the semis system).

In 2010 we got in by the skin of our teeth.

Now, here in the 20-teens... we have just three chances left.
Edit: Sorry, I just realised I was talking football there. My apologies for taking the discussion off-topic.

Spot on.

We were fortunate to win a premiership in 2010. If not, it would have been quite the low point. In every decade since Saints entered the first grade in 1921, we have qualified for a premiership decider aka grand final (or 'final' depending on the semis system).

In 2010 we got in by the skin of our teeth.

Now, here in the 20-teens... we have just three chances left.
Edit: Sorry, I just realised I was talking football there. My apologies for taking the discussion off-topic.
But qualifying for a grand final without winning one is kinda like taking your sister to the prom.
Now granted some peoples sisters are better looking than others, but you still get no credit for pulling a good looking woman.

st penguin

Juniors
Actually, this is more akin to a schooll kid farting in class than any bar fight.

So if 2000 was the last year of the 20th century...and we both agree there... it means the first year of the new one was 2001.

Therefore, 2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 2010 MUST be the first decade of the new millennium.

Phew.

OK...here we go.

This is best definition I could find:

The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 and will end on December 31, 2100. It is the first century of the 3rd millennium. It is distinct from the century known as the 2000s which began on January 1, 2000 and will end on December 31, 2099.

Can you see the distinction?

When we refer to decades they are classified as 80's 90's 2000's etc. We are currently in the 2010's, which started in 2010.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
OK...here we go.

This is best definition I could find:

The 21st century is the current century of the Anno Domini era or Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 and will end on December 31, 2100. It is the first century of the 3rd millennium. It is distinct from the century known as the 2000s which began on January 1, 2000 and will end on December 31, 2099.

Can you see the distinction?

When we refer to decades they are classified as 80's 90's 2000's etc. We are currently in the 2010's, which started in 2010.

That doesn’t make one bit of sense.

Latest posts