What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst coach, like, ever?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i reckon elliot isn't that bad. he makes pretty solid personnel decisions, but he's not strong on making it happen on field. so that somewhat takes him out of the worst coach ever discussions.

as a director of football i'd be supremely confident in him based on what i've seen from him in canberra and auckland. penrith was rotten from the top down when he was there so i'd write that off.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He had an immensely better squad than Tommy did at Wests in 98/99 but had such abysmal gameplans & structures & let players do what they want on & off the field. There was an entire lack of discipline by him & the team. There was no respect for or by him amongst players.

Hands down, the worst ever.

ram raid

Bench
After Ricky Stuarts golden run things tarted to go pretty shithouse. What has he done for anybody lately besides ruin an already struggling team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It has to be Kearney and what makes that even more hilarious is that Phil Rothfield rated him a better coach than Hasler and Bellamy :lol::lol::lol:
How would Hasler or Bellamy have gone at Parramatta or the Warriors? We'll obviously never know because they were never desperate enough to have had to coach at those clubs.

How would Hasler or Bellamy have gone at Parramatta or the Warriors? We'll obviously never know because they were never desperate enough to have had to coach at those clubs.
ThreadNecromancer.png

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
@TheFrog I'll meet you half way and say Griffin at least shouldn't be mentioned here.

Respectfully disagree. Griffin's only positive as a coach is his ability to for the most part stay on the good side of his players. He is a shit communicator, he is a shit strategist and his squad/bench management is atrocious. He may not be THE worst coach ever, but he is certainly utter shithouse.

firechild

First Grade
The new data is inferred (sorry if I expected too much of you); the record of former Eels coaches performing better at other clubs.
So since that last post in 2014, that record would be Kearney getting the Warriors to the middle of the table. What amazing new data.

Latest posts