What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mid season Dally M predictions

There was nothing random about that at all... I expected it.

It happens most times at prizegivings over here in NZ... when someone gets a prize or an award or even at a graduation... their friends and family will do a haka to show love and support for them.

My f**king graduation ceremony went 2hrs over because nearly everyone who got a degree had multiple hakas done... I had 3 of them myself.. my friends, my family and my in laws...
Idgaf about your graduation it was random to me

BranVan3000

Coach
Looking at that team of the year, the voting system seems entirely broken

This represents more “best player in x position who stood out most in his team” than the actual best player in the position

Great players in great teams getting punished for having to compete with their own team mates

Vic Mackey

Referee
Looking at that team of the year, the voting system seems entirely broken

This represents more “best player in x position who stood out most in his team” than the actual best player in the position

Great players in great teams getting punished for having to compete with their own team mates

Whilst I see your point the last few winners have been:

Smith
Cronk
Taumalolo
Thurston
Thurston
Hayne
Cronk

Who would all be considered ‘great players’

Vic Mackey

Referee
There was nothing random about that at all... I expected it.

It happens most times at prizegivings over here in NZ... when someone gets a prize or an award or even at a graduation... their friends and family will do a haka to show love and support for them.

My f**king graduation ceremony went 2hrs over because nearly everyone who got a degree had multiple hakas done... I had 3 of them myself.. my friends, my family and my in laws...

https://m.betootaadvocate.com/headl...l-her-sons-responded-with-a-viral-haka-video/

BranVan3000

Coach

Smith
Cronk
Taumalolo
Thurston
Thurston
Hayne
Cronk

I don’t mind it for the overall player of the year but are they using the same points system for positional awards?

If so it seems broken way to do things

mozza91

Coach
The 3,2,1 voting isn’t as much a problem as the actual selection of the votes themselves.

We’re a prime example. If we win a game Pearce and Ponga will get the votes even if they weren’t actually our best. The people who vote don’t watch the game closely enough to realise this.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t mind it for the overall player of the year but are they using the same points system for positional awards?

Yes they do. It always throws up odd winners as how often do you see a center or winger get Dally M points? So someone might win it getting 6/7 points. It’s not surprising someone like BJ wins it as he might have 3 good games a year, yet those games will be amazing and get him 9 points. Then we’re meant to forget the 20 shockers he had.

It’s obvioualy not perfect (how Pearce can come 5th after missing 10 games is a farce) but no matter what way you tally it up people will always whinge about something.

no name

Coach
Meh, it’s an award run by the Tele, of course aspects of it are farcical.

In saying that, RTS had a great year and deserves recognition.

TheFrog

Coach

Smith
Cronk
Taumalolo
Thurston
Thurston
Hayne
Cronk

The player of the year usually is a good choice, and I have no issue with RTS, but the team of the year is often full of nuffies. Should really be a full team, ie two wingers, two centres, two second rowers, two props. Otherwise some players have double the chance of making it than others.

TheFrog

Coach

They changed it last year I think. Before that you had Tedesco win fullback of the year when 4 other fullbacks beat him in the points. Now if a player in a position makes the top 10 that player wins the positional award provided they got the most points. Apart from that they just pick who they like which would have been how Jackson and a couple of others got their awards.

Latest posts