What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
Agreed. It's why I also think it's best for the team if either one of those 2 leave and we have either Salmon and Brown partnering them in the halves. The younger 2 seem like they would be fine being second fiddle.
Like your optimism about those two but think you're at least a year early. Brown may make it at 18 or 19 but Salmon has not shown anything of promise yet, but you never know what can happen in the off season.

Noise

Coach
We need some sort of quality in our spine. And at the moment Hayne would be it. If we try and low ball him and he bails who do people want at fullback?

I don’t want to see French, Hoffman, Norman or Will Smith anywhere near fullback.

Bolgeel

Juniors
Seems weird he waited till the offseason, and now he’s having a sook. I’m sure he was away not long ago, maybe now our coach is away or someone that’ll be involved in negotiations.

Not fussed if he leaves or stays.
From what Bernie said the club was waiting till he returned from holidays to discuss his contract. Him having a sook is a concern for sure, it’s a hard one and I’m sure the club is each way on this?

strider

Post Whore
We need some sort of quality in our spine. And at the moment Hayne would be it. If we try and low ball him and he bails who do people want at fullback?

I don’t want to see French, Hoffman, Norman or Will Smith anywhere near fullback.
What do you think we should pay him?

Glenneel

Bench
He is worth more than any other player in our side because he is still after all these years our best player. I’d give him $800k and sign him for 3 years.
Honestly Avenger I doubt we have to do that. Which other team wants him for a start? I'd say none so what demand is he in? Very limited. I'd offer no more than paid this year (actually I'd offer $400k) on 1 year deal with 1 year option in club's favour. Based on age and his injury history still a good wage, better than anything he'll make outside of sport I'd say. Be mean to keep him keen as he has a history of sooking.

Glenneel

Bench
To me this is where/when Hayne's Manager needs to step up to the plate and earn his keep.
If Slater and Thaiday can have the 2 biggest individual TPA's in the NRL, then Hayne should be able to secure something similar if not better.

He has arguably the highest public profile in sport in NSW and would sell more media and click bait then the next 10 biggest NRL names combined. Surely a legitimate TPA that has nothing to do with the Eels could be gotten for him by a manager with half a brain. His actual football contract value should nearly be the lesser component of his overall income.
What a stupid post, which agent gets off his arse and actually works to earn his 15%? Have you ever seen a skinny agent? No they're at the buffet table stuffing their face, that's the only time they're not on their chair leaning back with feet on the desk with their hands behind their head.

Dibs

Bench
What a stupid post, which agent gets off his arse and actually works to earn his 15%? Have you ever seen a skinny agent? No they're at the buffet table stuffing their face, that's the only time they're not on their chair leaning back with feet on the desk with their hands behind their head.
What a stupid post

hindy111

Post Whore
To me this is where/when Hayne's Manager needs to step up to the plate and earn his keep.
If Slater and Thaiday can have the 2 biggest individual TPA's in the NRL, then Hayne should be able to secure something similar if not better.

He has arguably the highest public profile in sport in NSW and would sell more media and click bait then the next 10 biggest NRL names combined. Surely a legitimate TPA that has nothing to do with the Eels could be gotten for him by a manager with half a brain. His actual football contract value should nearly be the lesser component of his overall income.

He used to. But dont compare him to Slater. He is an all time great mate.
Hayne should get a tpa but there are more marketable guys.

hindy111

Post Whore

Happy with Gutherson tbh or give Bevan a final shot.