What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Merrin and Bevan French will be signed within next 10 days.. see you then to discuss ...

getsmarty

Immortal
Merrin remains
Despite reports linking Trent Merrin with a move back to the NRL, the Leeds Rhinos forward insists he's here to stay.

I caught up with the marquee player after Leeds beat London Broncos 24-22 on Sunday at Magic Weekend.

When asked about his future and a potential return to Australia, this is what he told me.

"I am here to stay," Merrin said. "I signed a four-year deal.

skysports-tent-merrin-leeds_4632838.jpg

Trent Merrin insists he is staying with Leeds
"Obviously I've got personal things going on back home, but I'm here to stay and I want to get this club back to where they deserve to be."

Renewed speculation over his future began when Leeds granted Merrin compassionate leave last month following a family bereavement.

The rumours intensified after St George Illawarra were granted just over £130,000 in salary cap dispensation from the NRL to buy a replacement for the stood-down Jack de Belin.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-lea...ns-league-final-trip-and-england-injury-blows

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Correct ....sorta.
Very true.. Player movements are all about the coach as different players will get on with different coaches..

Ben Hunt didn’t like Wayne Bennett’s style, so he picked Mary..

We were just kind enough to furnish him with $1m per season as we had the cash lying around..

And of course after 15 years of putting up with Bellamy’s rants (and particularly as he was the only first grade coach he’d ever known) Cronk had to get a different
perspective of coaching.. And he was lucky that the roosters could find a spot in their side for him..

It was just a mere coincidence that they offered him millions of dollars to compensate him for that experience..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Very true.. Player movements are all about the coach as different players will get on with different coaches..

Ben Hunt didn’t like Wayne Bennett’s style, so he picked Mary..

We were just kind enough to furnish him with $1m per season as we had the cash lying around..

And of course after 15 years of putting up with Bellamy’s rants (and particularly as he was the only first grade coach he’d ever known) Cronk had to get a different
perspective of coaching.. And he was lucky that the roosters could find a spot in their side for him..

It was just a mere coincidence that they offered him millions of dollars to compensate him for that experience..

Of course the following had NOTHING to do with Cronk’s departure from Melbourne?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ushton-marries-Cooper-Cronk-wedding-year.html

Once more you acknowledge only some points, not the full picture.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Of course the following had NOTHING to do with Cronk’s departure from Melbourne?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...ushton-marries-Cooper-Cronk-wedding-year.html

Once more you acknowledge only some points, not the full picture.
Given he is the first person to ever marry someone from interstate, you would have to assume he did that to get away from Bellamy..

It’s an interesting tactic though.. Perhaps other people who feel unlucky in love should look interstate to see if their future partner could be there..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Given he is the first person to ever marry someone from interstate, you would have to assume he did that to get away from Bellamy..

It’s an interesting tactic though.. Perhaps other people who feel unlucky in love should look interstate to see if their future partner could be there..

Are you talking from experience? If so, I’d like to recommend a far less expensive measure.

It’s called a mirror.

You’d love it.

Somehow, I feel it’s a bit of a stretch to state “(Cronk) is the first person to marry someone (else) from interstate”.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
A
Somehow, I feel it’s a bit of a stretch to state “(Cronk) is the first person to marry someone (else) from interstate”.
No no, he definitely is the first person to do it.. Eveyone else to date has stayed in their home town to settle for the best that they can find there..

I think Bellamy forcing Cronk to go interstate is a master stoke for society..

If more people chose to look abroad for love there could be more happiness in the world as there may actually be better matches for people and they wouldn’t have to settle..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No no, he definitely is the first person to do it.. Eveyone else to date has stayed in their home town to settle for the best that they can find there..

I think Bellamy forcing Cronk to go interstate is a master stoke for society..

If more people chose to look abroad for love there could be more happiness in the world as there may actually be better matches for people and they wouldn’t have to settle..

You know, you’d be GREAT advertising Tinder. Here’s a link to help you get started.

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Jobs/Tinder-Jobs-E916118.htm

Good luck.

Avoidance of simple questions continue.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

Gareth67

First Grade
Merrin remains
Despite reports linking Trent Merrin with a move back to the NRL, the Leeds Rhinos forward insists he's here to stay.

I caught up with the marquee player after Leeds beat London Broncos 24-22 on Sunday at Magic Weekend.

When asked about his future and a potential return to Australia, this is what he told me.

"I am here to stay," Merrin said. "I signed a four-year deal.]

skysports-tent-merrin-leeds_4632838.jpg

Well it would appear that Trent knows more about what is not going to be happening at the Dragons then Mary and Millwatd themselves . Over to you possum. . .

possm

Coach
Is that what happened to you
I'll give you some free advice. Post to your own beliefs and what you think is in the best interest of SGI. Some of the crap you are dribbling these days diminishes the character I once thought was you.

Your being played and you look stupid for it.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Thanks for a really funny laugh chaps. I won the under 12 grand final and married a gypsy Romanian. Would have won the first grade grand final if I had of married me local cheese .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thanks for a really funny laugh chaps. I won the under 12 grand final and married a gypsy Romanian. Would have won the first grade grand final if I had of married me local cheese .
Local cheese can smell like Roquefort..

The most important question is did your coach have anything to do with your decision to change?