What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jk13

First Grade
At the end of the day, the sombreros won a gf that no one really cares about or will remember. Any significance their 22 fans proclaim will fall into obscurity because it wasn’t a balanced result. Gould will flog his log over it when nudged by a panel expert to chat about his fond memories, but in reality the game as a whole took a backwards step tonight

The unknown

Juniors
I'm not even a raiders supporter but being at the game I felt f**king drained after that man.

A case of being the better team but losing by a very questionable call, but damn that atmosphere has got to be up there with with the best I've been involved with

Raiders support was actually crazy. Walked Into every nearby pub and it was just a sea of green

Vale rugby league. Died after a long illness on this day October 6, 2019, at Homebush, NSW.

science-sarcasm-professor-frink-comic-book-guy-631.jpg

Cogburn

Juniors
Wow the hateful jealousy is getting worse. What a gutsy, heroic win. 2 tries to one, the best team in the comp are premiers once again. Now for 3 in a row.

Cogburn

Juniors
The crowd w
I'm not even a raiders supporter but being at the game I felt f**king drained after that man.

A case of being the better team but losing by a very questionable call, but damn that atmosphere has got to be up there with with the best I've been involved with

Raiders support was actually crazy. Walked Into every nearby pub and it was just a sea of green

The crowd was 50-50.

GongPanther

Referee
FFS If I was a Raiders fan I would seriously consider giving the game away
I said to my friend that after JT spoke about this call (before the refs explained the ruling) on the post match desk on Nine, that the Raiders fans at home will be even more mad as cut snakes.

In sincerity, you would easily concede defeat to a team that did it on it's own merit. But this...?

Valheru

Coach

A questionable call? The way it was called was questionable but the call was correct.

Why do you (and others) think the raiders would have scored when they failed to do so during the previous 30 minutes on the back of a 4-0 penalty count and a sin binning?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If the ref gets that right from the start and wighton just gets tackled with the ball or kicks it dead and the roosters score off the next set id be very gracious and congratulatory on how well the roosters defended.

But as a fan of a side that has been mediocre for a long, long side we might not get another chance for 25 years. It just sucks to think what if on that last play.

Anyways congratulations roosters but raiders fans are gonna be living that f**k up forever

GongPanther

Referee
He actually pulled off some vital tackles which shut the play down. Didn’t shine in attack but stood out In defence.
Was a great defensive effort in the second half. Even with 20 or 15 minutes to go,especially for the Raiders when they seemed to have had the Roosters pegged, I was saying "field goal"...that around the 20th min would have taken a lot out of Easts.

But main thing that should not be undermined is that it was a very good GF. Not a classic, but brutally competitive.

And congrats Horrie. Champs again. :)