What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Team list.

209249826_10157843303450826_1394426337180500473_n.jpg
Wonder if my jersey still fits....does it matter if its got Penfolds on it.....I played in the centres as well....Turbo wont know what hit him lol

Dragon David

First Grade
I still cannot believe this! Ugh! We are deadset the laughing stock. The JDB cover up is embarrassing. The club will be fined heavily I'd say.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hook, Haran, Webb and a few of the others call it a day. How can you run/administer a rugby league team that falls out of step every time you think that things are rosey. Shame on them and there are no excuses they can come up with that will change the destiny of any decision that the NRL will charge and penalise everyone and club for.

No joking, this is serious stuff that will haunt this club for many years I'm afraid.

Gippsy

Bench
Yeah, it could, but it shouldn't. A few hours earlier they were training together, in scrums together, tackling together, hell, even hugging each other. But they can't have a few beers together at a barbie. As someone has said, if it was a training session with a barbie and drinks afterwards then all is fine. Goes to show the ludicrousness of the rules, and yes, the stupidity of the players.

Loss of points will be a massive overreaction IMO.

Crush

Coach
If the NRL really want to screw us they could issue them all 2 week suspensions but state that we have to take out 4 players at a time over a 6 week period.
That way we’d almost certainly lose the next 6 games.

Every player that decided to go to the BBQ is selfish, self-centred, self-interested, self-confident and self-important. $1,000 fine will probably be treated as a joke by all who took part. $50,000 fine from the NRL (time will tell) will annoy them but hey, they have the means to pay with their low to mid 6 figure salaries. Or maybe just add it into their next contract negotiation! Their self-inflicted pain is deserved. Displaying these personality traits doesn't fit with the commitment we as fans nor the club expects or should tolerate. Thanks for destroying our season.

Dragonflies

Juniors
Yeah, it could, but it shouldn't. A few hours earlier they were training together, in scrums together, tackling together, hell, even hugging each other. But they can't have a few beers together at a barbie. As someone has said, if it was a training session with a barbie and drinks afterwards then all is fine. Goes to show the ludicrousness of the rules, and yes, the stupidity of the players.

Loss of points will be a massive overreaction IMO.
covid is only contagious when drinking alcohol.

BLM01

First Grade
I like how they can spread the suspensions. I think that is fair to the club who were innocent in this.
I’d rather lose em all against Manly and be done with it 1 game sacrifice
That’s 3 players a week for potentially 4 weeks 4 players for 3 games or 6 players for 2 weeks + injuries and current Rav Vaughan suspensions
That’s unfair for winning games over the next 4
Fine was enough for those 12

thebigredv

First Grade
I think banning the rest is harsh for a week
Large fine relative to salary sufficient
It is giving 2 points on a platter to the Eagles as our players don’t have to isolate cause they did not come in contact with the public like the dogs players did
Giving 2 points to an opposition like that is not fair on other teams or the fans either
Just my take
Did the Dogs players get a ban? I don't think they did but they missed the match due to needing to isolate I think. Double standards right there but we saw it coming e.g Magic Round, Frizell touching the ref etc.

As I said, the saving grace is being able to stagger the bans so that Hook can use a little discretion. Interesting it is a minimum of 2 rounds so we cant just throw the Sea Eagles game.

Gotta make that Sua and Hopoate signing asap if its even a possibility.

Gippsy

Bench
That’s 3 players a week for potentially 4 weeks 4 players for 3 games or 6 players for 2 weeks + injuries and current Rav Vaughan suspensions
Fine was enough fit those 12
I tend to agree BLM01. Put our reserve side against Manly, let them rack up 120 points and highlight our ludicrous this is.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Big decision now is do we gamble and stand everyone down for the manly game and then concentrate on the rest of the season with a full compliment of players bar Vaughn.

Tough decision for Hook. I would gamble and do it.

thebigredv

First Grade
Fine was enough for those 12
Alvaro and Ellis can be replaced any day of the week with Burns/Poasa/Ford/JHunt. Not much lost there.

I am happy we can let Sloan replace Dufty and we have two better options than Norman in Amone/Sullivan.

It's going to hurt but we can still name a competitive side. However I think this goes deeper and the eight looks out of reach.