What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NSW Origin Side

Only if Mal WANTS to pick New South Welshmen.... he generally doesn't go overboard in the blues camp
He's been trying to get Luai and To'o to commit to Aus. It looks like To'o might but Luai won't. We'll have to wait and see. Luai played for the Junior Kiwis 5 years ago, but has since turned NZ down for NSW and Samoa.

Mal saying that DCE is ahead of Cleary for 7 is absolutely nuts though.

MugaB

Coach
He's been trying to get Luai and To'o to commit to Aus. It looks like To'o might but Luai won't. We'll have to wait and see. Luai played for the Junior Kiwis 5 years ago, but has since turned NZ down for NSW and Samoa.

Mal = QLD Bias... we need tim sheens back as coach, or get Wayne... wayne picks winners, not Qlders

The_Frog

First Grade

Luai has no qualification for NZ that I know of, apart from having played in the junior Kiwis. No idea how he qualified for them. He's an Aussie with Samoan grandparents.

MugaB

Coach
Or have a selection panel.
Let me guess darren lockyer... the qlder, and Loz my mate from canberra who will swing whichever way i choose... daily... mal is Soooooooo bias.... i prefer Luai & To'o playing for Samoa... Australia needs a challenge

Absolutely moronic decision not to select Addo-Carr. The exact type of player that puts fear into the opposition, that can turn a game with a piece of brilliance, who's been there and done the business before. A real competitive advantage. Tupou is a f**king plodder in comparison and is not a match winner.

Really, really hope it isn't the type of selection to come back and bite us, especially given guys like Mitchell and Tommy T are already out. This QLD side won't be easy beats.

Luai has no qualification for NZ that I know of, apart from having played in the junior Kiwis. No idea how he qualified for them. He's an Aussie with Samoan grandparents.
Luai is also of Maori descent. He played for the Maori all star team last year. That makes him eligible for NZ.

Funnily enough, I'm also pretty sure Cleary is eligible for NZ due to spending most of his childhood in Auckland, and playing his first game of RL for the Mount Albert Lions.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
The decision to drop to Ado Carr for Tupou who wasn't good enough to make the team last year but is this year (off the back off good but not great form) reeks of favoritism and ulterior motives. Crichton on the bench makes no sense either unless there's a late change and Wighton moves to the bench and Crichton starts.
One prop on the bench seems idiotic as well.
I'd have Klemmer over Paulo and how can you say JAC''s hasn't been good enough to merit selection and pick Cook over Api ???
Very very odd.

As for the selection panel:

One player from every team selected; two if you are based in the Sydney metropolitan area. One additional player for every game you are willing to play at North Sydney Oval.

Of course, the side will end up full of reserve graders. There is no benefit in risking real NRL players on something as meaningless as the World Cup. Particularly when it is being played north of Darwin….

Spot On

Coach
Absolutely moronic decision not to select Addo-Carr. The exact type of player that puts fear into the opposition, that can turn a game with a piece of brilliance, who's been there and done the business before. A real competitive advantage. Tupou is a f**king plodder in comparison and is not a match winner.

Really, really hope it isn't the type of selection to come back and bite us, especially given guys like Mitchell and Tommy T are already out. This QLD side won't be easy beats.

Nah, Toopoo is going to do the hard yards out of our own end.

QLD game plan to counter that huge threat will be to kick to To'o instead.

Lol.

Pretty interesting selections. If Tom was available then I’m sure JAC would have been selected. The reason they went with Tupou is to add some height on the right side due to the threat in the air. Last year we had Tom who could shut that down but Staggs can’t so they went with Tupou.

Crichton will start next to To’o who isn’t very good in the air either but Crichton definitely is.

Jake wasn’t selected mostly due to strategy as well. Last year they started him for his defence and wanted him to tackle the QLD forwards into submission then the bigger NSW forwards would come off the bench and punch through QLD. This year it looks like they’re planning a full scale assault from the opening whistle against a smaller QLD pack compared to last year which is why both Haas and Paulo are starting.

MugaB

Coach
Pretty interesting selections. If Tom was available then I’m sure JAC would have been selected. The reason they went with Tupou is to add some height on the right side due to the threat in the air. Last year we had Tom who could shut that down but Staggs can’t so they went with Tupou.

Crichton will start next to To’o who isn’t very good in the air either but Crichton definitely is.

Jake wasn’t selected mostly due to strategy as well. Last year they started him for his defence and wanted him to tackle the QLD forwards into submission then the bigger NSW forwards would come off the bench and punch through QLD. This year it looks like they’re planning a full scale assault from the opening whistle against a smaller QLD pack compared to last year which is why both Haas and Paulo are starting.
Crichtons not starting... simple jack is, To'o is magnificent in the air btw... height isnt a factor, it timing the jump... both Crichton and To'o are good at high balls

Crichtons not starting... simple jack is, To'o is magnificent in the air btw... height isnt a factor, it timing the jump... both Crichton and To'o are good at high balls
He may be good in the air but not nearly good enough to stop Coates. Freddy will do a last minute switch and start with Crichton.

Last edited: