What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attendances

Perth Red

Post Whore
w

Why not have the game at 11.00 am kickoff ( Manchester) makes 10.00pm here Sat night. I could easily organize a World Cup Party and a few beers. It's about time organizations cater for the main media countries. The same should apply here to games in Australia, it should be TV friendly for UK viewers.
I hope you’re joking!

Perth Red

Post Whore
3 extra games here, I presume the Women's figures aren't included in that?
nope, nor the other two tournaments. mens only.

All together 473,477 attended a total of 61 games. A massive undertaking to bring it all together and didn't it work a treat. I loved the integration and inclusivity of this RLWC.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Phenomenal crowd for the final. Well done Manchester!

Can you imagine if the roles had been reversed?

Eng V Sam final in Australia, be lucky to get 25k
English have always loved IRL more. Not sure if its the origin hype thing or just Australian RL fans not being particularly patriotic?

yakstorm

First Grade
Eng V Sam final in Australia, be lucky to get 25k
England v Samoa in Australia would possibly draw better than Australia v Samoa here as you'd get every English ex-pat and Samoan at the game, so I could see than pushing 35K plus, whilst the other would be mid-20s.

Kangaroos have done a great job at slowly killing their fan base, with their audiences generally made up of opposition supporters and International RL fans.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
England v Samoa in Australia would possibly draw better than Australia v Samoa here as you'd get every English ex-pat and Samoan at the game, so I could see than pushing 35K plus, whilst the other would be mid-20s.

Kangaroos have done a great job at slowly killing their fan base, with their audiences generally made up of opposition supporters and International RL fans.
Give us some decent competition and I`d go every day of the week.

thommo4pm

Coach
So english fans will go despite no team of theirs playing, and when england are in it pretty much every chance of losing. But you wont go to see your country win? Like I said not very patriotic and not really fans of 'the game'!
Don’t stereotype us Aussie fans.
I watched every game of the tournament, and would go watch any game of a World Cup in Sydney if it was being played here.

Suitman

Post Whore
Don’t stereotype us Aussie fans.
I watched every game of the tournament, and would go watch any game of a World Cup in Sydney if it was being played here.

He's right though.
As if we'd get 67000 here at Stadium Oz for two out of town countries. Lol.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
nope, nor the other two tournaments. mens only.

All together 473,477 attended a total of 61 games. A massive undertaking to bring it all together and didn't it work a treat. I loved the integration and inclusivity of this RLWC.
Agreed, having all three tournaments included gives it an event feel.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
English have always loved IRL more. Not sure if its the origin hype thing or just Australian RL fans not being particularly patriotic?
I love international RL more than any other part of the game, however, I struggle to get behind the Kangaroos for three reasons...

1. I love Rugby League more than my national RL team, so I tend to barrrack for the team that will deliver what I think the best outcome for the game

2. Aussies (me included, love an underdog) and the Kangaroos are the furthest you can get from that

3. The State of Origin rivalry cuts deep in Queenslanders and I'm sure New South Welshmen also. It is hard to have such a ''hate'' (I say that in a sporting context not personally) for Tedesco, Cleary, Yeo, Fox, Latrell etc and then get behind a team with them in just because the rep jersey is a different colour. I struggled a bit with Samoa too for similar reasons, but they eventually won me over.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I love international RL more than any other part of the game, however, I struggle to get behind the Kangaroos for three reasons...

1. I love Rugby League more than my national RL team, so I tend to barrrack for the team that will deliver what I think the best outcome for the game

2. Aussies (me included, love an underdog) and the Kangaroos are the furthest you can get from that

3. The State of Origin rivalry cuts deep in Queenslanders and I'm sure New South Welshmen also. It is hard to have such a ''hate'' (I say that in a sporting context not personally) for Tedesco, Cleary, Yeo, Fox, Latrell etc and then get behind a team with them in just because the rep jersey is a different colour. I struggled a bit with Samoa too for similar reasons, but they eventually won me over.
Your first two points sum me up to a tee as well.
On your third point, boy I used to hate it when ( especially in the 80`s) when bloody Queenslanders used to make the Oz team over our NSW heroes. The Queensland teams being such a part of the fabric of the game now makes it harder to feel that way. Crikey, I even like some of their players now and want them to do well, id est point 1. A strong Broncos is a strong NRL.