What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Wests Tigers @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K-Man

Bench
So realistically the team might look something like this...

Miller
Young
Gagai
Best
Marzhew
Gamble
Hastings
Croker
Jones
Fitzgibbon
Thompson
Crossland
D Saifiti

Clune
Hunt/Lucas/Cant
Talty
Hetherington

Surely someone needs to spend some time at dummy half to relieve Crossland. Maybe that will be Gamble, which is why I think Clune probably comes in either to the bench or as a starting half, with Gamble to lock and Croker eased back in via the bench.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah it wouldn’t shock me to see Clune named at starting 5/8 and Gamble starts at lock then rotate to hooker later in the game.

Side named on Tuesday will give an indication of the starting 17 but it'll mostly be name everyone who might be a possibility of being fit enough to make it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Hey guys just wanted to say congrats on the gutsy win yesterday. I had such a wierd feeling at the game where late I actually didnt want us to win. I think it would have been an increidble injustice as the Knights were far the more deserving side, then when we got the ridiculous double movement try awarded I actively supported against us in the last minute.

Anyways hope Ponga isnt that bad and he can be back on the field soon. Good luck for the rest of the year.

PhilGould

Bench
Gamble said post game that he hasn't been doing any training at 5/8 for a while. Clune went off with a HIA and didn't return so you'd think that means he's automatically ruled out as well. Ryan Rivett is the other half in NSW Cup, I believe he's on a development deal and AOB gave him a big rap after the trials.

Going to need exemptions to name a full 22 man squad tomorrow regardless. Assume we'll see at least one of Dylan Lucas, Ben Talty, Ryan Rivett or Tom Cant debut. Maybe Oryn Keeley gets another run but he was in Jersey Flegg this week.

K-Man

Bench
Yeah it wouldn’t shock me to see Clune named at starting 5/8 and Gamble starts at lock then rotate to hooker later in the game.
As much as anything this would make sense because our forwards and dummy half rotation are depleted, so Gamble playing as a lock/hooker helps cover that problem. And Clune was actually very good in the trials I thought, he's a decent backup half who does bring something to the table, as opposed to an absolute NSW cup level fill-in. Personally I'd like to see Clune get a crack, with Gamble getting lots of minutes and playing an important role as well.

K-Man

Bench
Gamble said post game that he hasn't been doing any training at 5/8 for a while. Clune went off with a HIA and didn't return so you'd think that means he's automatically ruled out as well. Ryan Rivett is the other half in NSW Cup, I believe he's on a development deal and AOB gave him a big rap after the trials.

Going to need exemptions to name a full 22 man squad tomorrow regardless. Assume we'll see at least one of Dylan Lucas, Ben Talty, Ryan Rivett or Tom Cant debut. Maybe Oryn Keeley gets another run but he was in Jersey Flegg this week.

Oh I didn't know that about Clune. Disappointing if that's the case as this was a golden opportunity.

Yosh

Coach
I really liked Gamble at 6. I think he would be a good 13 or 14 as well. He is sorta what I wanted Mann to be. Hastings and Gamble have already been great signings!

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Gamble is a classic case of a guy who understands his own strengths and weaknesses and doesn’t try to do stuff beyond his capabilities. Never a world beater but as a back-up half and all purpose “energy and enthusiasm” guy it’s hard to do much better.

Burwood

Bench
Do you know how all these teams seem to have players who are bit of a grub or nuisance that every other supporter loves to hate? Laui, Ennis, Gallen, Hodges, Macguire, Reynolds etc. In Gamble, we finally have our own.

mozza91

Coach
Do you know how all these teams seem to have players who are bit of a grub or nuisance that every other supporter loves to hate? Laui, Ennis, Gallen, Hodges, Macguire, Reynolds etc. In Gamble, we finally have our own.
Don’t think he has the ability of any of those blokes. But I must admit it was nice to see someone with a bit of mongrel and passion in a Knights jersey. It’s been a while.

Burwood

Bench
Don’t think he has the ability of any of those blokes. But I must admit it was nice to see someone with a bit of mongrel and passion in a Knights jersey. It’s been a while.

No doubt about the level of ability, but just doing what he did on Sunday fires up all of his teammates and gets an extra 5% out of them. Same as Pearce kissing the emblem on his jersey after scoring a try, but that was more a case of giving a big f u to Sydney.

Funny how it seems to be non-locals who show a bit more passion. I get the feeling Hastings is going to be exactly the same.

mozza91

Coach
Yeah I’m liking Hastings so far although I wanted to shoot him yesterday when he was complaining to the refs and not playing to the whistle for that 1st Tigers try.

macavity

Referee

Cody Walker, Latrell....

Latest posts