What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

the phantom menace

First Grade
Oh dear. Somehow can't admit that a 0-4 start to the season is meaningful in that it makes a top 8 finish more difficult than a 2-2 start to the season...?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Well it's not hard to look like a genius in comparison to the person who attempted to argue this in terms of whether or not 0-4 was meaningful at all...
We have won four games in a row before just as we have lost four in a row. So has Ivan Cleary, who lost six straight in 2019. It didn't mean he couldn't coach, and losing on Thursday would be equally meaningless for Brad Arthur.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well it's not hard to look like a genius in comparison to the person who attempted to argue this in terms of whether or not 0-4 was meaningful at all...
We were talking about meaningful for judging his ability as a coach, not whether it’s going to impact our season. That’s a given. In any sample of games, including four games, we would prefer more wins. What a dumb f**king statement. What are you, twelve years old? You are just arguing for the sake of it.

the phantom menace

First Grade
We were talking about meaningful for judging his ability as a coach, not whether it’s going to impact our season. That’s a given.
No, only you were talking about judging his ability as a coach...

The post you quoted (Johnny88) and the article contained therein was about our 2023 season chances should we lose the fourth game. So the discussion about 0-4 and this match being meaningful was indeed about whether it's going to impact our season.

Please go back and re-read if you're not sure... and do try to keep up! 😂

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yet you claimed (as fact herp derp) that I was talking about our season’s chances, which was the point of your smartarse comment.
The post you quoted (Johnny88) and the article contained therein was about our 2023 season chances should we lose the fourth game. So the discussion about 0-4 and this match being meaningful was indeed about whether it's going to impact our season.

The article was clickbait for dopey footy fans, implying that winning this weekend was all on the coach, and that our record thus far made this game more important than any other game.

emjaycee

Coach

Psst, the article Johnny88 posted was mostly about BA's contract extension and included heaps of comments from McElduff about that and nothing about our start to the year.
You've still got time to edit your post before anyone reads it if you hurry.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yet you claimed (as fact herp derp) that I was talking about our season’s chances, which was the point of your smartarse comment.
No, I questioned why your original comment seemed to miss the meaningfulness of this week's game to our season's chances - given that's what the conversation and article were all about. You've since explained you missed the boat, so you're back on even keel!
The article was clickbait for dopey footy fans, implying that winning this weekend was all on the coach, and that our record thus far made this game more important than any other game.
But you've since agreed (with the article) that this week's result is (of course) meaningful to our season's chances, and that (obviously 0-4 is not as good as 1-3 (or 2-2). So glad we could sort that out!

the phantom menace

First Grade
It's an attempted third man tackle from the chip man...
Psst, the article Johnny88 posted was mostly about BA's contract extension and included heaps of comments from McElduff about that and nothing about our start to the year.
You've still got time to edit your post before anyone reads it if you hurry.
No need. The article clearly was headed (and mainly about) our season chances, and the part sentence Pou quoted from Johnny88's post/the article about our fourth round game didn't mention a contract at all - and neither did Pou herself.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, I questioned why your original comment seemed to miss the meaningfulness of this week's game to our season's chances - given that's what the conversation and article were all about. You've since explained you missed the boat, so you're back on even keel!

But you've since agreed (with the article) that this week's result is (of course) meaningful to our season's chances, and that (obviously 0-4 is not as good as 1-3 (or 2-2). So glad we could sort that out!
This week’s game is no more meaningful than any other game. That’s where I disagree with you and the article.

84 Baby

Referee
Not only the 3 in a row but after that we then play the Tigers who have the bye the week after.
Well at least we don’t have one of them easy draws. Who’d want one of those

the phantom menace

First Grade
This week’s game is no more meaningful than any other game. That’s where I disagree with you and the article.
We gathered that. And now your tangential arguing that others were talking about Arthur's worth as a coach etc has been put back in its box, I'm glad we can agree to disagree on a common topic!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We gathered that. And now your tangential arguing that others were talking about Arthur's worth as a coach etc has been put back in its box, I'm glad we can agree to disagree on a common topic!
Arthur’s ability to “find a way to extract some revenge for last year’s grand final” was exactly the quote I commented on, to which you took offence and felt the need to attempt another gotcha. You have been trying to change the narrative ever since, as if this isn’t the media trying to stir up more shit against our coach.

I’ve already called you out on your dishonesty. There’s no putting it back in the box. Your ‘honest explanations’ are dishonest gaslighting.

the phantom menace

First Grade
No, I don't think so. Disappointing after you finally managed to be succinct about your opinion (post #16,492).

But you keep arguing for the sake of arguing, while others (my post #16,496) are happy just to agree to disagree with your view on a matter about how this week's result is very meaningful to our 2023 season success.

emjaycee

Coach
... the part sentence Pou quoted from Johnny88's post/the article about our fourth round game didn't mention a contract at all - and neither did Pou herself.
Do you often blatantly lie?

The first of Pou's quotes from said article was a quote made by McElduff specifically about Arthur's contract extension. And the other 2 quotes of Pou's were from the closing comment of the journalist.

Seriously, you need to stop chasing Pou so hard mate. It's embarrassing for you.

Last edited:

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm not chasing anyone - unlike yourself being third man in again it seems?

I replied to/about Pou's last quote only - the one from the journo's closing comment, about an article titled re our 2023 season chances. Hence the focus on discussion in the thread/re the post about... the meaningfulnees of this week's game to our 2023 season chances, and helpfully bringing Pou back on topic.

He may have a difference of opinion to me about the importance of this week's game, but once we cleared the fluff away, he could state that clearly and he and I could agree to disagree on that.

Having (again) explained that, enjoy your chasing - though it seems to indicate you have a chip on your shoulder, or maybe need to relax about things?

1679377883872.png

Latest posts