What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton / Awabakal

Who will win? Round 7: Newcastle v Penrith

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Penrith Panthers 1-12

• Penrith Panthers 13+

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
Pretty wild we could have been 4th if we won that, instead we are in 10th. Panthers go up to 1st.

Jono078

Referee
Oh well, full strength panthers vs knights missing ponga, Jsaf, Elliott and Brailey

hopefully gives us some confidence going foward
We also lost Jones after he made 1 run and DSaf was useless in his second stint. Jack Johns had a couple of errors. So basically we only had Mann on the bench offering any value today.

100%, goal kicking has been our Achilles heal for a while now, hard to blame Miller for the missed goals as he came into the season as probably 3rd choice kicker but his errors on the other hand are really becoming an issue
He didn't even have the ball correctly on the tee for his last kick. I 100% blame him.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Well played guys. Lot of improvement needed but we’re on the right track.
Big season coming.

Yeah the story will be how poorly Penrith played, but it was legitimately a case of being made to play that way. We were monumental in defence.
Idk if it will be the story tbh. I think it was plain to see that the Knights intensity frustrated Penriff imo.

Just a side note, my Goodness they're a disgustingly unlikeable side. Great team but ugh...just so cocky, grubby and unsportsmanlike.

perverse

Referee
Same. Not because I don't think he's good enough but because I don't think his attitude fits the current culture of the side. I don't want him to be a bad influence.
Honestly, it's not his attitude that worries me. I think he's shown enough when he's in a competitive team to show he can get in there and do it. I'm more worried about whether he can fit into the systems that are working.

Kalyn has always struck me more as a "icing on the cake" kind of player. It's just up to whether we can fit him in.

Latest posts