What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

APPSY

Juniors
The Broncos game up there, it should be packed but no thanks to the NRL scheduling of having it at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon........
Isn't it up there at the time to avoid clashes with the Womens World Cup? I don't see why else it wouldn't be in the prime 7:30 spot

beave

Coach
Isn't it up there at the time to avoid clashes with the Womens World Cup? I don't see why else it wouldn't be in the prime 7:30 spot
there's a few games that weekend which would be considered less of a draw that could have been put in that slot. I get it's challenging with the WWC on to schedule games but sunday 9 is showing raiders tigers......

At least NQ Bris is not being played on a Thursday night though like they've done a few times in the past........

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Going early on next week:

Brisbane v Penrith 35k
St George Illawarra v Sydney 7k
Souths v Parra 37k
Cronulla v Newy @ Coffs 11k
Wests v NQ 12k
The v Melbourne 25k
Canterbury v Gold Coast 14k
Canberra v Manly 16k

jim_57

Staff member
Going early on next week:

Brisbane v Penrith 35k
St George Illawarra v Sydney 7k
Souths v Parra 37k
Cronulla v Newy @ Coffs 11k
Wests v NQ 12k
The v Melbourne 25k
Canterbury v Gold Coast 14k
Canberra v Manly 16k

First time Broncos & Dolphins hosting at Suncorp on the same weekend will be interesting, might slightly affect both crowds.

Too early to tell yet but if Kogarah gets 7k-10k it will really start trending towards a large difference in the average between there and Wollongong.

Wb1234

Referee
S
Souths need to move back to SFS next year, Accor is a horrible stadium for club games.

Imagine the same crowd of 21K at SFS would have looked packed with a better atmosphere.

Hopefully this coming Friday will be a sign of things to come if Souths move back to SFS.
At allianz that same game would’ve got closer to 30k

yakstorm

First Grade
2pm on Mother's Day is a horrible timeslot for trying to attract a crowd, so it's not surprising that the Knights drew the crowd they did.

Their recent form, questions over the team's commitment after the Bali getaway and the fact the Titans aren't a drawcard team to Newcastle fans wouldn't have helped either.

NRL would be wise to move that game to another timeslot for future Mother's Days, so long as lunch is the popular thing to do to celebrate the day, it will continue to struggle to draw crowds.

Harry O

Juniors
Brooky crowd 10,358, very poor crowd. Considering Manly hasn't lost a game this season.😆

Last edited:

Vibing

Juniors
tips for rnd 12
all based on fine weather

Thurs Brisb V Penrith 30,000
Fri Dragons V Roosters 9,000
Fri Souths V Parra 30,000
Sat Sharks V Knights sell out , 10,000
Sat Tigers V Cowboys 15,000
Sat Dolphins V Melb 30,000
Sun Bulldogs V Titans 12,000
Sun Raiders V Manly 18,000

The_Wookie

Bench
Round 11 #NRLcrowds totalled 130,293 at an average of 16,287 - up 16% on R11, 2022, but fell just short of the 2007 record. This season continues its record breaking trend, already the best ever, and up 328,000 on 2022, and 143,000 clear of 2013s previous record.

NRLR11_2023.PNG

NRLR1-11Avg.pngNRLR1-11Agg.pngNRLR11agg.png

never mind this stupid last graph that says 21 and 22. its 22 and 23

Last edited:

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
I guess Mother’s Day has its effect.
A few years ago, on this blog, someone suggested making it an event including giving a free glass of champagne to any mother who turned up.

Free piss at an NRL game - what could possibly go wrong?

I think the most logical choice would be to have 1 game on a mothers day in future at 4pm or have the warriors play a home game which would mean a 2pm game becomes a 4pm local time start. Sunday lunches probably killed a few thousand today.

None the less I enjoyed the day at the footy. At least the south hill was fairly packed.

Latest posts