What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Lennyb

Juniors
Yes, he would like to make more money. That much is correct.

Who do I trust? lol. Never thought of it that way. It's not a good vs evil thing but I suppose it makes for a good story.
Im staunch St George, but even I can see more good will come from Gordan than craig and co. Thay been lounging back on the St George entity and Bennet way past the use by date. Its bloody embarrissing.
No good v evil. Just basic economics.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Im staunch St George, but even I can see more good will come from Gordan than craig and co. Thay been lounging back on the St George entity and Bennet way past the use by date. Its bloody embarrissing.
No good v evil. Just basic economics.
That's cool, but what can you see? A saviour perhaps?

I'm aware of the situation and depth of the problem. With respect, it is way beyond 'basic economics'. Balancing the household budget is basic economics. Then there's contracts, small print etc. Then there's business tactics.... for example, running down a business in an effort to bring down it's value in order to swallow it up on the cheap. Actually, that's pretty basic too.

Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't... it's just one tactic.

Do you think WIN are there to benefit the team, the fans, the joint venture? Or themselves? Y'know, they will run their involvement like a business venture.

They could step in with some great third party divvies now. But that's not to their benefit. Interesting that St George Leagues Club were the match day sponsor last Saturday (if not a little weird).

It's Gordon btw.

slippery5

Juniors
Must be only rumor as he is on record that he intends staying a Dragon. Still an offer from one of the comp front runners must be tempting as he has to be sick to death being deprived of clean and early ball with which to pull out his bag of tricks. He will get that at the Storm. Has also being mooted for a move to fullback raised his hackles after feeling like a well worn glove at centre since he was 18. Then again is it the retention of Hunt and the letting go of local junior Jayden Sullivan.
May be just a rumour at this stage but my guy within asked me how do I feel about him at the Storm next year? also told me about Simms long before that happened!!!!!! Oh & Coates while he was still at Broncos so it usually comes with some fruition.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Buzz reporting that Kyle Flanagan will join the club from next year , reportedly only 1 yr deal as either a bench 14 or backup halfback
At one point I would have spat the dummy over this but we simply need to get as many fresh faces into the joint as we can. I can't say I've watched much of him recently but he did seem to hit first grade and plateau as a player. At least he is one player that will play for the coach and if anyone can get the best out of him it will be dad.

thebigredv

First Grade
May be just a rumour at this stage but my guy within asked me how do I feel about him at the Storm next year? also told me about Simms long before that happened!!!!!! Oh & Coates while he was still at Broncos so it usually comes with some fruition.
I have witnessed his career best football in the last 10 or so weeks of the competition which kind of of makes this seem true, as if he was trying to impress his suitors. Which, might I add, would be typical of our players' attitudes... If Lomax can continue to be as involved as he has been lately than you'd want to keep him but I am not going to lose sleep over the loss of any of our current brigade. This team needs to be demolished so let it happen.

And my first thought too that would make sense for Meaney coming in to (gal kicking back). Of course could just be someone's imagination but I'd be fine with a Meaney/Lomax swap.

slippery5

Juniors
I have witnessed his career best football in the last 10 or so weeks of the competition which kind of of makes this seem true, as if he was trying to impress his suitors. Which, might I add, would be typical of our players' attitudes... If Lomax can continue to be as involved as he has been lately than you'd want to keep him but I am not going to lose sleep over the loss of any of our current brigade. This team needs to be demolished so let it happen.

And my first thought too that would make sense for Meaney coming in to (gal kicking back). Of course could just be someone's imagination but I'd be fine with a Meaney/Lomax swap.
Well Flanagan has said he want's to strengthen the outside backs. Personally, Rava is the only one I would be disappointed in losing 1-5

possm

Coach

We need to clean out our dead wood not offload some of our better players. Flanno may have an idea regarding potential centers or he may not but off-loading Lomax would be one of his least priorities.

I am sure that Sloan is not the type of fullback that Flannagan will put up with and I'm sure there are a number of our current forwards that he would like to swap out. His aim would be to strengthen our squad, not weaken it.

Lomax has put Ravalawa over for quite a few tries this year. I'm confident that he is Flanno's solution at fullback.

thebigredv

First Grade
We need to clean out our dead wood not offload some of our better players. Flanno may have an idea regarding potential centers or he may not but off-loading Lomax would be one of his least priorities.

I am sure that Sloan is not the type of fullback that Flannagan will put up with and I'm sure there are a number of our current forwards that he would like to swap out. His aim would be to strengthen our squad, not weaken it.

Lomax has put Ravalawa over for quite a few tries this year. I'm confident that he is Flanno's solution at fullback.
Suddenly a lot of support for Lomax. He has shown his ability and had a purple patch of late but let’s not forget what went before that. The 3 seasons prior we were all underwhelmed and frustrated with him. 99% were calling for him to be dropped.

Happy for him to remain and hope he continues this vein of form we all know he is capable of but let’s not forget that he has effectively robbed us of a lot of cap over the years as one of the comps most overpaid players.

Latest posts