What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 NRL Grand Final: Penrith v Broncos Oct 1st @ Accor Stadium

strider

Post Whore
Adam use to be a teacher before he was a full time ref. Worked with him for a little while. Great bloke. Stoked he got the GF and did a great job. Interestingly when he was on the borderline of nearly doing first grade games the powers that be seemed to think Grant Atkins (who was also at the same stage of his career) was the better ref. Atkins is garbage.
He definitely seems the best of the refs atm

Bandwagon

Staff member
During the brocos raid, Cleary missed a few critical tackles.

But he didnt let it phase him and he took the game by the scruff of the neck. Moses hasnt really done that yet

That's the biggest difference between the two AFAIC, Cleary is a calmer head, and he stays in the game, Moses gets flustered still and it shows when things aren't falling his way. Not as much as it used to, but Cleary has matured more as a player, so the gap is wider.

yy_cheng

Coach
That's the biggest difference between the two AFAIC, Cleary is a calmer head, and he stays in the game, Moses gets flustered still and it shows when things aren't falling his way. Not as much as it used to, but Cleary has matured more as a player, so the gap is wider.
Moses gets all princessy when some shit happens to him. Don't know if it affects him or not but nathe doesn't react

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah he did Hindy, and I get why you rate him. But he has to dominate at origin level to be considered one of the absolute greats
I agree the challenge for Nathan now is to do a 3-peat in origin.

Not winning 1 series here and there. He needs to win and own it 2/3 years in a row like JT, Smith, Slater did for QLD.

Obviously i dont expect NSW to win 8 in a row.

But a 3-peat in Origin is considered a dynasty not many times its happened outside of the golden era for QLD. The best he has managed is 1 series win a row.

JokerEel

Coach

Not winning 1 series here and there. He needs to win and own it 2/3 years in a row like JT, Smith, Slater did for QLD.

But a 3-peat in Origin is considered a dynasty not many times its happened outside of the golden era for QLD. The best he has managed is 1 series win a row.

Unfortunately for Cleary if Ricky is the coach he won't win 3 in a row.

hindy111

Post Whore
Wow. Just wow.

I was going to log in mid-game, when Panthers were down 24-8 and say that I didn't think they could come back from there with the minutes left and momentum of the game, after Mam's three tries (several scored through Nathan Cleary).

I was going to type something about Nathan Cleary disappearing into an Origin sized hole, and not handling the pressure when behind on the scoreboard, and joke about them needing Moses out there to have any chance of grabbing the three-peat.

And then bit by bit, with the first choice middles back on ramping it up, Nathan Cleary put on a 20min show of calm control and absolute finesse for the ages for them to score the three tries required to come back and win the thing and a deserved three-peat.

Bow down, Cleary was great and a well deserved medallist. Some absolute numpties (Kenny? Cogger?) snagged a premiership ring this year, but the Panthers' system is just so good. Crichton was immense though, and I suspect the Panthers will find him very hard to replace next season.

Agree. The side has lost so much quality over the last 3 yrs. Its going to be hard for them to bounce back next year. The question however is who is coming thru.
Look at Turuva. Also Taylan May will give a little relief. He is no Crighton however.

Parra4eva

Juniors
It sucks that Panthers are going to win it and be the last team to win 3 in a row....

But I don't want the Broncos winning shit Walsh can go eat a turd.
I was there during the Eels glory days 80-86 and nothing Panthers achieve can dimish that time, Parra fans need to get past those glory years and look to the future, Bronco's fans can be aggressively confident in their teams chances, it borders on arrogance important to remember they aren't guaranteed anything. Personally, I don't mind Panthers winning three, it's been 40 years. And in my view Parra are still the side I want to see win.

IFR33K

Coach
I was there during the Eels glory days 80-86 and nothing Panthers achieve can dimish that time, Parra fans need to get past those glory years and look to the future, Bronco's fans can be aggressively confident in their teams chances, it borders on arrogance important to remember they aren't guaranteed anything. Personally, I don't mind Panthers winning three, it's been 40 years. And in my view Parra are still the side I want to see win.

the way I see it, it’s been all downhill since parras 3 peat. Let’s hope Penrith back it up next season. Maybe we’ll get the monkey off our backs then.

hindy111

Post Whore
I couldn’t remember who. Gee you got some big calls right. While others said Cleary is Robson mk2 and ja was better then Ezra

JA started to play ok at Manly but he is never going to be more then average. Ezra is dynamic. Easily Brisbanes best.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Not sure about all that

Those QLD blokes all played together and are all talked about being immortals, throw in Cronk and Inglis in the mix as well

Which future immortal is Cleary playing with?

Unless the likes of TomT and Latrell are fully fit, and we have a coach that aint going to stuff up , winning an origin series here and there is all Cleary will be able to do while he keeps bagging premierships