What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
From the AFLBC:

Lol@ this line:
"For now, it seems the era of building new multi-billion-dollar Olympic stadiums like the famous National Bird's Nest in Beijing or the iconic Stadium Australia at Sydney Olympic Park has come to an end."

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
From the AFLBC:

Lol@ this line:
"For now, it seems the era of building new multi-billion-dollar Olympic stadiums like the famous National Bird's Nest in Beijing or the iconic Stadium Australia at Sydney Olympic Park has come to an end."
The problem is too many people who don’t have vested interest in how stadiums actually get used like to have opinions on them, so they wank on about white elephants like Accor being “iconic”. The old SFS might not have needed replacing if it hadn’t been designed by an architect who thought drip lines were less important than having a pretty shaped roof.

jim_57

Staff member
From the AFLBC:

Lol@ this line:

IMG_4008.jpeg

Colk

First Grade
Legitimately this “No WoRlD cLaSs StAdIuM!” is hilarious as what they really mean is “we had our hearts set of the Lions having the biggest stadium in Brisbane”.

I get that and you get that but you have people like Gould agreeing with them and that is what annoys me.

The whole premise being that if you don’t spend the most amount of money then it is somehow illegitimate. You even have that fumbleball douche on SEN (and Voss/Brandy agreeing with him btw) arguing that you need a centrepiece stadium for football and cricket but then mumbles it quickly oh but Suncorp is fine for Rugby League.

Honestly Brisbane need to pay the fine and get rid of it. Give it to Sydney or give Tokyo another go at it considering they didn’t get any tourism money for theirs.

Diesel

Referee
Without clicking on the link, I bet this is from Melbourne media with ties to afl.

I heard some Lions player, no doubt someone who is from Victoria and will move back after retirement, talking about how Brisbane needs an Olympic stadium but it was all about life after the Olympics. Vested interest from afl

Canard

Immortal
I doubt it. According to news reports on the radio, it would cost the Qld Government $500 million in compensation payments for breaking the contract with the IOC.
Honestly at this point in time Id take the $500M hit and run.

We all know those costs are going to blowout by 40 to 50% in today's marketplace.

I'd rather see more money invested in Lang Park and it brought up to a higher standard.

That article says they have already opted to go ahead with them though (people are just reading the headline)

Steel Saints

Juniors
Without clicking on the link, I bet this is from Melbourne media with ties to afl.

I heard some Lions player, no doubt someone who is from Victoria and will move back after retirement, talking about how Brisbane needs an Olympic stadium but it was all about life after the Olympics. Vested interest from afl

Your first sentence is spot on. He has a go at the Qld Premier, while also praising the launch of Tasmania's fumbleball team. Even though after this week's Tassie state election, they could potentially have a hung parliament.

jim_57

Staff member
I get that and you get that but you have people like Gould agreeing with them and that is what annoys me.

The whole premise being that if you don’t spend the most amount of money then it is somehow illegitimate. You even have that fumbleball douche on SEN (and Voss/Brandy agreeing with him btw) arguing that you need a centrepiece stadium for football and cricket but then mumbles it quickly oh but Suncorp is fine for Rugby League.

Honestly Brisbane need to pay the fine and get rid of it. Give it to Sydney or give Tokyo another go at it considering they didn’t get any tourism money for theirs.

Yeh it’s a shame. Since their push for Victoria park failed their next option is to run a media campaign against the new solution be the looks of it, unfortunately some RL guys are eating it up.

It’d be nice to see some public support for the Suncorp solution by RL, RU & Football Admin and Media.