What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Hooked

Juniors

May day: Dragons target Terrell as part of package deal with siblings​

By Adrian Proszenko

March 20, 2024 — 12.58pm

St George Illawarra are making a late play for Terrell May, with the added lure of the Roosters prop potentially coming to the Red V as part of a package deal with one or both of his brothers.
May is down the track in negotiations for a two-year contract extension at Bondi, while Canterbury are also monitoring the situation with interest. The Roosters remain in the box seat to secure his services, but the Dragons are hoping to sneak under their guards with a late and lucrative play.

May and siblings Taylan and Tyrone have expressed an interest in all playing together in the NRL and the Dragons believe they can provide an opportunity to reunite at least two of them.
Taylan is a star on the rise at Penrith, as part of a lethal centre pairing with the recently re-signed Izack Tago. Tyrone May is currently playing for Super League side Hull KR and is the least likely to switch given his contractual commitments.

The Red V have expressed an interest in Terrell and Taylan, and officials are open to the prospect of Tyrone also joining up in the future should an opportunity arise. Bringing them together is a logistical challenge given they all have different managers and, in Tyrone’s case, he is contracted to a team playing in another hemisphere.
Terrell is reportedly on a deal worth $200,000, but will be able to command three times that amount on the open market. The 24-year-old would be a huge acquisition for any club, particularly a Dragons side brutally exposed in the middle of the park last weekend against the Dolphins.

“If they are going to go to market, we would be interested,” Dragons coach Shane Flanagan told this masthead.
“At the moment I don’t know if they’re going to consider leaving their current clubs. If they are, we will definitely look at it. One plays in the outside backs and is a dangerous player from a good club. Same with [Terrrell], he’s from a good club and I’ve heard Trent Robinson talk about the motor that he has.

“I don’t want to jump in too far when I don’t know if they are considering leaving their club.”
There has been ongoing speculation about the future of Zac Lomax, who has been shifted from his customary position in the centres to the wing. Parramatta, in need of strike in the outside backs, are prepared to accommodate him immediately, but the Dragons are not prepared to allow him to negotiate with rivals.
That position could change depending on the May situation and how the team performs in coming weeks.

MugaB

Coach

May day: Dragons target Terrell as part of package deal with siblings​

By Adrian Proszenko

March 20, 2024 — 12.58pm

St George Illawarra are making a late play for Terrell May, with the added lure of the Roosters prop potentially coming to the Red V as part of a package deal with one or both of his brothers.
May is down the track in negotiations for a two-year contract extension at Bondi, while Canterbury are also monitoring the situation with interest. The Roosters remain in the box seat to secure his services, but the Dragons are hoping to sneak under their guards with a late and lucrative play.

May and siblings Taylan and Tyrone have expressed an interest in all playing together in the NRL and the Dragons believe they can provide an opportunity to reunite at least two of them.
Taylan is a star on the rise at Penrith, as part of a lethal centre pairing with the recently re-signed Izack Tago. Tyrone May is currently playing for Super League side Hull KR and is the least likely to switch given his contractual commitments.

The Red V have expressed an interest in Terrell and Taylan, and officials are open to the prospect of Tyrone also joining up in the future should an opportunity arise. Bringing them together is a logistical challenge given they all have different managers and, in Tyrone’s case, he is contracted to a team playing in another hemisphere.
Terrell is reportedly on a deal worth $200,000, but will be able to command three times that amount on the open market. The 24-year-old would be a huge acquisition for any club, particularly a Dragons side brutally exposed in the middle of the park last weekend against the Dolphins.

“If they are going to go to market, we would be interested,” Dragons coach Shane Flanagan told this masthead.
“At the moment I don’t know if they’re going to consider leaving their current clubs. If they are, we will definitely look at it. One plays in the outside backs and is a dangerous player from a good club. Same with [Terrrell], he’s from a good club and I’ve heard Trent Robinson talk about the motor that he has.

“I don’t want to jump in too far when I don’t know if they are considering leaving their club.”
There has been ongoing speculation about the future of Zac Lomax, who has been shifted from his customary position in the centres to the wing. Parramatta, in need of strike in the outside backs, are prepared to accommodate him immediately, but the Dragons are not prepared to allow him to negotiate with rivals.
That position could change depending on the May situation and how the team performs in coming weeks.

Well if he wants to go, I'd rather he goes there with his bros than the roosters or dogs,i reckon the dragons would be the ideal club for all three of them

Kilkenny

Coach
If cash’s the most important commodity, and as we have seen in recent seasons it almost always is, then there will almost certainly be more than a couple of clubs prepared to offer Taylan more than the $500k we are currently offering.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wat happen to dogs chaseing taylan may hard was that all crap media talk again
The Dogs shortcomings are rather obvious, bringing in Taylan May, probably not going to address there issues so I don’t think they will be in for him unless they can somehow acquire both brothers.

hindy111

Post Whore
The Dogs shortcomings are rather obvious, bringing in Taylan May, probably not going to address there issues so I don’t think they will be in for him unless they can somehow acquire both brothers.

They have Xerri, Skelton in reserves. Two backs who may be pushing for NRL game time soon. Add in the possibility Burton may end up in the centres if doesn't improve.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well if he wants to go, I'd rather he goes there with his bros than the roosters or dogs,i reckon the dragons would be the ideal club for all three of them

They have Jack Bird and Suli in the centres. Unsure they need one. They need forwards

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I’d say Critta is an 800K centre, Tago 600-650K and May 500K at this stage.
Critta has proven it on every stage. Tago has two patchy seasons with moments of complete dominance. May has 2 good games at centre and a great season on the wing.

If these guys aren’t happy to take a fair rather than monster deal then let them go get it. Interesting to see what looks McLean and Alamoti get (even from the bench, Tago could slide to second row) if May does sign elsewhere.
No centre is worth 800k. The last centre to be worth the same % of the cap as 800k would be Jamie Lyon

Kilkenny

Coach
They have Xerri, Skelton in reserves. Two backs who may be pushing for NRL game time soon. Add in the possibility Burton may end up in the centres if doesn't improve.
Sitting around the table today after golf having a few cold ones a diehard Parra fan reckons your team are in for Taylan May, talk about Lomax is just a smokescreen. I didn’t buy into the conversation, what’s the point, who know know really.

I’m sure that factors into their decisions but it seems to make good business sense to maximise your value while getting a start here and then have some scrub team overpay for you on a long term deal to move.

kinghippo

Juniors
I don’t mind players pushing to make their dollars, but some seem to forget winning is worth’s a lot.

Look at Lomax, he is on huge money but is willing to give it up to get a few wins.

He would more than likely be playing origin and rep footy if he was in a more competitive team.

Hooked

Juniors
May’s days numbered?

There’s plenty of rumours doing the rounds that Taylan May could leave the club at the end of the season, contradicting other reports that a new deal was close.

And just quietly, there’s the odd official at Penrith who wouldn’t be overly concerned if he did end up walking. May is unpredictable, and certainly walks to a different beat than most. He’s also a bloody good footballer.

May is represented by Black Money Enterprises, and if he does end up leaving, I reckon there’s a bigger story emerging here about the space being created between Panthers and the agency. Watch this space.

WestyLife

First Grade
May’s days numbered?

There’s plenty of rumours doing the rounds that Taylan May could leave the club at the end of the season, contradicting other reports that a new deal was close.

And just quietly, there’s the odd official at Penrith who wouldn’t be overly concerned if he did end up walking. May is unpredictable, and certainly walks to a different beat than most. He’s also a bloody good footballer.

May is represented by Black Money Enterprises, and if he does end up leaving, I reckon there’s a bigger story emerging here about the space being created between Panthers and the agency. Watch this space.

If he goes he goes. Panthers seem to be switched on not letting themselves get bent over by agents even if they want to keep a player.

Latest posts