What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He has been mentioned. Nothing concrete that I know of.
BM are merkins to deal with.

I agree re B/M. I understand their quite difficult to deal with.

With Taylan I've kinda almost expected that he would venture elsewhere (in next contract) after Tryone was let go.

I'd love him to change his mind and stay. But that appears unlikely.

Blade23

Juniors
I haven't said much on May for good reason. I am aware someone close to the May family posts on here.
Hence my recent reluctance.

The club has done its best to re-sign Taylan. Even upping the length and value of their previous offer.
From the club's perspective, the offer is very fair for a player who has played 2 FG games at centre and a player who missed all of the previous season through injury. There is scope for future increased earnings. For some that is not good enough.

When you have an agency that keeps moving the goalposts it makes it very hard to deal rationally with them.
It would have been good if they respected their client's initial wishes from the outset. Now they have gone down a path that is very hard to come back from.
If a client wants to get the best financial deal (which is their right), by all means, go to market and sell yourself to the highest bidder. That is your choice. Don't expect us to keep increasing our bids hoping we will match a rival's offer. We won't budge anymore!

There is a reason players take a little less to come here (Garner, Alamoti) and stay here (Alamoti). Future success and full development. We have saved careers. Turned average players into good players. Good players into great players.
That doesn't happen at a lot of other clubs. Usually, the opposite occurs.
Your style works here, but mightn't work elsewhere. Every club has a different system and culture. Some clubs have shit systems and shit cultures.
If money is your intention who cares? Pimp me up and sell me to the highest bidder. Even if they are shit.
Just don't expect buckets of money, success, happiness, and achieving your full potential. You can't get that on one deal. You are dreaming if you think you can.
You will get 3 out of the 4 here. The last 3 in abundance.

We are a special case. The small sacrifice is well worth it. Some can't see it though.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I haven't said much on May for good reason. I am aware someone close to the May family posts on here.

The club has done its best to re-sign Taylan. Even upping the length and value of their previous offer.
From the club's perspective, the offer is very fair for a player who has played 2 FG games at centre and a player who missed all of the previous season through injury. There is scope for future increased earnings. For some that is not good enough.

When you have an agency that keeps moving the goalposts it makes it very hard to deal rationally with them.
It would have been good if they respected their client's initial wishes from the outset. Now they have gone down a path that is very hard to come back from.
If a client wants to get the best financial deal (which is their right), by all means, go to market and sell yourself to the highest bidder. That is your choice. Don't expect us to keep increasing our bids hoping we will match a rival's offer. We won't budge anymore!

There is a reason players take a little less to come here (Garner, Alamoti) and stay here (Alamoti). Future success and full development. We have saved careers. Turned average players into good players. Good players into great players.
Your style works here, but mightn't work elsewhere. Every club has a different system and culture. Some clubs have shit systems and shit cultures.
If money is your intention who cares? Pimp me up and sell me to the highest bidder. Even if they are shit.
Just don't expect buckets of money, success, happiness, and achieving your full potential. You can't get that on one deal. You are dreaming if you think you can.

We are a special case. The small sacrifice is well worth it. Some can't see it though.
Will he stay in grade all year if he signs elsewhere? Not much point developing a centre for another club.

murraymob

Coach

Whats more important how are you going blade .We where getting worried about to send out a search party .Might be a few detours while looking for you .The paceway for a few down to panthers for a feed and a few more .lol

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Thanks for the info Blade. Most appreciated.

I've gotten that impression from B/M too. No knowledge but just my gut feeling.
Interesting that the 2 players who have this group as their agents, a similar impression (by me has been made)

I'd love Taylan to stay, but sadly I don't think he will. All that glitter Taylan is not gold. Pleased that Tago was able to see that.

Get the feeling the agency is a little bit the the old fable 'the emperors new clothes'....

Fangs

Coach
Last few weeks have been a pain. You get that sometimes.

Part of the job. Its a good problem to have when a club is so successful all the players will be chased by other suitors.

Black Money and Penrith will probably have a future together. If I'm not mistaken their client list is growing, not getting smaller.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Part of the job. Its a good problem to have when a club is so successful all the players will be chased by other suitors.

Black Money and Penrith will probably have a future together. If I'm not mistaken their client list is growing, not getting smaller.
Not sure why the NRL let a racist organisation work within its system.

Imagine Nath, Yeo and Dyl starting up a White Money

Blade23

Juniors

That may well be the case of BM's increasing clients.
If this keeps going the way it is. The club will look to avoid BM as much possibly in the future. Like we do with Moses.

A rival fan had a shot at me last year about us whining when things don't go our way during player negotiations. We do it all the time apparently. Let me say this.
Api, Kikau and Spencer were all players we wanted to keep. (as well as others) The club knew where it stood with their respective player agents during negotiations. The club even publically thanked their agents for their professionalism when they signed elsewhere.
They didn't do this for Crichton and Luai’s agents.

Latest posts