What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Refs

Fangs

Coach
Thought Belinda was crap yesterday but in her other matches she has done well. Can't be perfect every game. Tough conditions for players and referees.

NRL leading in this regard. Any AFL female refs? I'd be surprised if there were.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
I’d have no issue Belinda reffing first grade if she was in the top 8 refs in the game. But she isn’t. She’s there because she’s female. More woke bullshit.

Yeah anyone who says "woke bullshit" isn't entitled to an opinion, boomer

Especially when their opinion also implies you can find a clear top 8 from the shit heap of refs we have in the NRL

T-Boon

Coach
you've missed the point the OP was making, it wasn't about any game specifically

its female refs generally and they officiate in all leagues and variouos sports world wide now, its the 21st century
True - they aren’t as lazy as they were in the previous 20 century’s.

Bazal

Post Whore
I couldn't even name 8 male NRL refs, let alone a "top 8"

Plus if we accept a literal inhuman orc as a referee surely we can accept someone with boobs...

images

Saxon

Bench
I’d have no issue Belinda reffing first grade if she was in the top 8 refs in the game. But she isn’t. She’s there because she’s female. More woke bullshit.
I think you'd struggle to find 8 refs better than Ms Sharpe.

Gee? Nup.
Atkins? Probably not.
Sutton? Either of them?
Ziggy? At least he tries hard.
Klown? f**k no!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxon

Bench
Nope.

Answer me this. Is she there because of her ability to referee a game of rugby league at the highest level, or is she there in the name of inclusivity?
I would argue she is at least on par with the other first grade refs. Ironically, it's a couple of the so-called "top" refs who I think are struggling to meet first grade standard.

Maximus

Coach
Nope.

Answer me this. Is she there because of her ability to referee a game of rugby league at the highest level, or is she there in the name of inclusivity?

She's there because of her ability to referee a game. Prove she's not.

Munky

Coach
I wonder how long that will last.

The one thing Union has over League is that the refs take no shit.

Any back chat goes to the bin.

Well atleast in 2003 when I last watched the sport

Reactions: Vee

Rod

Bench
I would say the exact opposite. The ruck laws are applied with remarkable consistency at all levels of the game in the 5 main RL nations. Genuine deficiencies are only conspicuous in developing areas.

I suspect those who rail against inconsistency have never read, much less understood, the "Tackle and PTB" section of the rulebook. Same applies to most media pundits. Very frustrating for refs when their ruck infringement calls are so frequently misinterpreted by commentators. Blind leading the blind.
Rubbish. The ruck isn't even refereed consistently from game to game in the NRL.

Latest posts