What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knock-on Effect NSW Cup - Eels Team

JokerEel

Coach
To be fair, this club found him and brought him to Sydney and has given him the opportunity to be a professional sportsman. So to suggest that we are now mishandling his progress is more about this forum than anything else. He has literally played half a dozen games of senior football after Flegg last year. Impatience much ?

I don't think it's this forum. We have watched over the years how the club is not very good at development.

If he isn't injured why is he not playing this weekend?
We need speed which he has.
He won't be playing RMC this weekend as they have the bye.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think it's this forum. We have watched over the years how the club is not very good at development.

So maybe he will play for Cabramatta Sydney Cup ? What he doesn't need is to practice on how to run fast. He needs to learn how to commit to tackles, field position and taking high balls. Maybe the slower pace of these grades assists this ? Maybe his confidence is cactus ? Maybe he is injured ? Maybe it is a contract or $$$ thing ? Maybe the Eels are just a bunch of f**kwits. I don't know, do you ? It's easy to adopt the last option with outrage, but not super smart to dismiss the other alternatives.

Best option really is to relax, be comfortable that he is under contract until end 2025 and hope that he loses that RU brain soon.

hindy111

Post Whore
So maybe he will play for Cabramatta Sydney Cup ? What he doesn't need is to practice on how to run fast. He needs to learn how to commit to tackles, field position and taking high balls. Maybe the slower pace of these grades assists this ? Maybe his confidence is cactus ? Maybe he is injured ? Maybe it is a contract or $$$ thing ? Maybe the Eels are just a bunch of f**kwits. I don't know, do you ? It's easy to adopt the last option with outrage, but not super smart to dismiss the other alternatives.

Best option really is to relax, be comfortable that he is under contract until end 2025 and hope that he loses that RU brain soon.

I highly reccomend we introduce a wanker button to this forum

Pazza

First Grade

Very poor

What's our strike rate? One decent first grader every 2 years

JokerEel

Coach

Lots of weird shit happening in this post..

Let's just say the club is cactus in development.

Looks like a duck walks like a duck quack likes a duck usually it's a duck mate.

hindy111

Post Whore
Whats wrong with this forum is if anyone dare has a negative thing to say about the club,coach or teams performance they get called trolls or shut down as to not being able to understand why we aren't performing. Followed by a long list of excuses of why the clubs actions are right.

It's quite boring tbh.

Gronk

Staff member
Lots of weird shit happening in this post..

Let's just say the club is cactus in development.

Looks like a duck walks like a duck quack likes a duck usually it's a duck mate.
We are talking about one player who wasn't selected in cup this week and you and whatshisname are reacting like I am running a protection racket for the club - even though one of the options that I ran up the flag pole was that the club are a bunch of f**kwits.

It's quite boring TBH.

JokerEel

Coach
We are talking about one player who wasn't selected in cup this week and you and whatshisname are reacting like I am running a protection racket for the club - even though one of the options that I ran up the flag pole was that the club are a bunch of f**kwits.

It's quite boring TBH.

Well you are the one pointing the finger at the forum for some weird reason..

I am always going to point out where I think the club is doing dumb shit. If you don't like it don't reply..

Last year they had Minihicki and another brother of the sharks winger playing for us in CUP.

Like seriously where has the players that were being developed 1-2-3-4 years ago for those positions gone?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It's quite boring TBH.
As soon as you say anything positive about the club you get shut down or whatever. It’s very boring!

Gronk

Staff member
Well you are the one pointing the finger at the forum for some weird reason..

I am always going to point out where I think the club is doing dumb shit. If you don't like it don't reply..

Last year they had Minihicki and another brother of the sharks winger playing for us in CUP.

Like seriously where has the players that were being developed 1-2-3-4 years ago for those positions gone?
You are talking about two distinct issues here.

First is what happened to Ethyn Martin this week.

Second is our development / recruitment of backs is abysmal.

I am absolutely on board with the second issue. The first however, there is some premature ejaculation problems with some of you. LS nailed it, that whilst he is 21, he hasn't benefited from junior development like his peers. Give him time.

I thought Martin showed enough in a couple of games that he was worth persisting with.

He is 21 but he is a typical example of a young player whose development was stalled through covid, he changed countries and changed sports, he is just catching up now. The kid has speed and moves just about better than any outside back we have in the club.

He’s no guarantee to make it, but there is something there .

hindy111

Post Whore
As soon as you say anything positive about the club you get shut down or whatever. It’s very boring!

Not much possitve when a average side beats you 41-8 and your two.main lower grades have started the year 0 -10
The backlines been an issue and not rectified for a few years and our backline back ups are barely NSW cup level to make it worse.
Also no back up halfback. Please don't use a running 5/8 as one

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not much possitve when a average side beats you 41-8 and your two.main lower grades have started the year 0 -10
The backlines been an issue and not rectified for a few years and our backline back ups are barely NSW cup level to make it worse.
Also no back up halfback. Please don't use a running 5/8 as one
Dylan Brown came through the grades as a halfback. He came into first grade at 6 because we had Moses.

We have been belted with Moses in the team, and also lost narrowly to the Tigers. Don’t blame recruiting, that shit is on the players.

As far as winning lower grades, we have pushed proven reserve graders out of the club rather than use them so we obviously don’t care about lower grade results. The Flegg team would be doing much better with Arthur and Guymer in the side.

JokerEel

Coach
You are talking about two distinct issues here.

First is what happened to Ethyn Martin this week.

Second is our development / recruitment of backs is abysmal.

I am absolutely on board with the second issue. The first however, there is some premature ejaculation problems with some of you. LS nailed it, that whilst he is 21, he hasn't benefited from junior development like his peers. Give him time.

What development like his peers where are these peers that have benefited from developing in our Juniors?

Christ like I said they had Minihicki and the brother of a sharks player last year in cup where was there development with the peers...

Give him time? In RMC or Sydney Shield 😂

JokerEel

Coach
Dylan Brown came through the grades as a halfback. He came into first grade at 6 because we had Moses.

We have been belted with Moses in the team, and also lost narrowly to the Tigers. Don’t blame recruiting, that shit is on the players.

As far as winning lower grades, we have pushed proven reserve graders out of the club rather than use them so we obviously don’t care about lower grade results. The Flegg team would be doing much better with Arthur and Guymer in the side.

We don't care about lower grade results? Think I saw a post from you mentioning a player not winning in lower grades as a reason he has not been selected 🤔

Gronk

Staff member
What development like his peers where are these peers that have benefited from developing in our Juniors?

Christ like I said they had Minihicki and the brother of a sharks player last year in cup where was there development with the peers...

Give him time? In RMC or Sydney Shield 😂

You do know that we are in agreement about jnr development and recruitment, right ?

However, as I said you're getting hot under the collar because Martin is missing for one week for an unknown reason. These two issues are a false equivalence, unless proven otherwise.

That's common sense to me, but you guys are losing your shit over it.
freakout.gif

JokerEel

Coach
You do know that we are in agreement about jnr development and recruitment, right ?

However, as I said you're getting hot under the collar because Martin is missing for one week for an unknown reason. These two issues are a false equivalence, unless proven otherwise.

That's common sense to me, but you guys are losing your shit over it.
freakout.gif

No one apart from you is losing his shit.

But why shouldn't we lose our shit?

He isn't missing for 1 weeks he didn't play the first 3 weeks Made over 200m and gets dropped.

My problem is the whole system is f**ked and someone needs to take the blame for it.

Gronk

Staff member
No one apart from you is losing his shit.

But why shouldn't we lose our shit?

He isn't missing for 1 weeks he didn't play the first 3 weeks Made over 200m and gets dropped.

My problem is the whole system is f**ked and someone needs to take the blame for it.
Blame me then. There, feel better ? :p