What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

hindy111

Post Whore
Isn't he in a business that sells a service? Surely every random who asks him for a quote gets to know how much he is charging?

I never ever said that I felt tradies were expensive, so I didn't feel I needed to respond to that comment, as it wasn't relevant.

I mainly work at factories so it is re-occuring work so I charge them less then if I was to do a one off domestic job. But then I'll get to do quoted jobs and make better amount from. It's not as rushed and more relaxed time wise how long things take.plus always guaranteed 8hrs work or pay even if takes less.
Domestic I don't like it. Say a job take you 1hr or 2hrs it's almost a waste of time. Have to chat on phone to customer,drive there,chat to them,do job, make sure have gear,type invoice for what a few hundred dollars. Along with listening to people winge about price or asking to do an extra for free. Then you get the 5hr or 6hr jobs which also a waste. How do you fill the rest of day? I'd only do domestic for people I know or if it was a new build or decent size renoe.

hindy111

Post Whore
Tools and materials have gone up in 12 months.

Yet in lots of residential work some refuse to pay up.

I won't mention a certain nationality but certainly my brother who is a plumber won't do anymore residential work for them as it's hard enough getting the $$$ out of them after the job is complete and they want it justified. Not worth the hassle.

At least with commercial maintenance which is where I work in your guaranteed payment.

You do get some stumbling blocks with some councils with variations after quotes approvals but at the end of the day they get approved as well as job needs to be done.

I do laugh though some quotes we put out midway last year some clients just left it sitting there probs with budget. Then 9 months later ask us if it's still valid or to send in a revised one again. With materials gone up and the dilly dallying from them to make a decision it's cost them more now for a job to get done then it would have been 9 months ago.

Throw in the extra admin work to type up a revised quote it's not a 5 min job.

Just say it

Gronk

Staff member
This is the podcast from ABC, the story if tracking down the builder from Top Place in Lebanon.

It talks to engineers about the system, talks about allegations for cash payments to NSW liberals and the buildings in Canterbury and Castle Hill that are riddled with chronic defects.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

Justice Lee said Mr Lehrmann's defamation case had officially failed.

"Having escaped the lion's den, Mr Lehrmann made the mistake of coming back for his hat."

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^ When discussing the aggravated (defamation) damages resulting from Lisa Wilkinson’s speech, Justice Lee said if he were to award them he would consider $20,000 appropriate.

Gronk

Staff member
There was a integrity pile on for bandana man's missus. In the end, it came out that Ch10's lawyer approved the speech prior to the logies and the Ch10 Chair applauded it afterwards.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Here is what I don’t understand. In the UK, the started eliminating coal baseload decades ago. Now the vast majority of power is generated by renewables. Prices have not gone up and in fact are dropping as technology improves. The conservatives in the UK are embracing renewables and has taken a sensible bipartisan approach to climate change etc. It makes your coal loving party a bit antiquated doesn’t it ?

View attachment 25449

Compare the above to Australia. Too scared to veer away from coal. The “conservates” can’t bring themselves to wind down the use of coal and embrace cheaper renewables like their brethren in the UK. Makes me wonder if mekins are not on the take and are putting the interests of the coal lobby ahead of yours.

images

But renewables arent cheaper thats the problem. They are heaps more expensive.

And the cost and flow on inflation is killing the middle class.

People literally are living pay cheque to pay cheque.

And the money from government handouts is about to run out.

My friends, we are about to see the biggest recession in our lifetime.

hindy111

Post Whore
If he is guilty of rape then why isn't he getting thrown in the slammer?
I really don't understand how someone could get off doing such an act.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
If he is guilty of rape then why isn't he getting thrown in the slammer?
I really don't understand how someone could get off doing such an act.

he wasn't on trial, it was a civil case between other parties

he cannot be referred to as a rapist, not here anyway

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm surprised that this is still as big a story as it is, all these years later.

Both of the parties involved in the original incident were absolute no bodies before and have done nothing since to suggest that they're still not any body.

I don't get the signicant level of interest in it to be honest. Or is there not any real interest in the community and it's just the media reporting on it, because it's something that interests them?

Gronk

Staff member
I'm surprised that this is still as big a story as it is, all these years later.

Both of the parties involved in the original incident were absolute no bodies before and have done nothing since to suggest that they're still not any body.

I don't get the signicant level of interest in it to be honest. Or is there not any real interest in the community and it's just the media reporting on it, because it's something that interests them?
Because there was an election and one party wanted it to go away.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Lehrmann wasn’t on trial here, Network Ten were.
...and Network 10 were found by the judge have to have no case to answer.

Lehrmann - who chose to commence these proceedings - failed in his attempt to gain a civil verdict in his favour disputing the truthfulness of the purported allegation of a sexual assault behind closed doors.

Lehrmann has kicked a spectacularly dismal own goal here. Almost as bad as Ben Roberts-Smith also attempting the same. And both appear to have been financially backed in their attempted proceedings by a third party - talk about backing the wrong horse/s.