What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Warriors at WIN

Wolfgang90

Juniors
I'm pumped to see lomax & rava reunite. Also CT/Moses are good friends through their manly/tonga connection, we could see some good chemistry from their side of the field too.

Hopefully our backline kills it, so we don't have to see Bird in the ctrs anymore. I don't think he's been bad at ctr but other combinations & players have more potential.

CT is faster than Bird, so we've got quicker in the backline but still on Sloan to use his elite speed to cover the other players. That's his role.

TheRev

First Grade
Not sold on CT in 1st grade. I just feel he is slow and another liability in defense coming of his wing which we dont need. I watched him in reggies...
yeh anyway i will be cheering him on if he scores a treble. Go the Dragons.
I think for this game i might stock up each time i go to the bar, I might need it + I have to climb over a few to get to the aisle.
I'm not sold on any of the NSW Cup outside backs either, but I think to get CT to ask for that Manly release.. he must have promised him he will get a fair crack early on... plus he has played 34 first grade games, the others options have 0 (Tamale) or 0.5 (SFinau).

That said, Tamale on the wing this week in reserve grade.. I mean it could just be because they want Johnson in, but I think his path to first grade is on the wing.. even though tbh we dont really have any centre depth in cup other than him.. we do need to fix that tbh.. That might well be Buchanan or Buchanan might hit JF soon and push Starling or Lavendar up.. dunno yet.. there is also Jesse Williams coming into the fold in a few weeks.. there is definitely going to be some changes coming with all these grades.

justadragon

Bench
I'm not sold on any of the NSW Cup outside backs either, but I think to get CT to ask for that Manly release.. he must have promised him he will get a fair crack early on... plus he has played 34 first grade games, the others options have 0 (Tamale) or 0.5 (SFinau).

That said, Tamale on the wing this week in reserve grade.. I mean it could just be because they want Johnson in, but I think his path to first grade is on the wing.. even though tbh we dont really have any centre depth in cup other than him.. we do need to fix that tbh.. That might well be Buchanan or Buchanan might hit JF soon and push Starling or Lavendar up.. dunno yet.. there is also Jesse Williams coming into the fold in a few weeks.. there is definitely going to be some changes coming with all these grades.
As long as we manage the good ones Rev, and tie them down thats all I care about.

Dragsters

First Grade
I'm pumped to see lomax & rava reunite. Also CT/Moses are good friends through their manly/tonga connection, we could see some good chemistry from their side of the field too.

Hopefully our backline kills it, so we don't have to see Bird in the ctrs anymore. I don't think he's been bad at ctr but other combinations & players have more potential.

CT is faster than Bird, so we've got quicker in the backline but still on Sloan to use his elite speed to cover the other players. That's his role.
I agree. This looks to be the backline with the most potential to gel with these centre/wing combos.

We will be tested by a quality NZ backline but it will be a good test and if they perform then this could be our backline moving forward...

I agree regarding CT. Flanno signed him for a reason. He will be first choice outside back backup this year.

Tamale was good on the wing last week. It suits him in my opinion.

Max and Mat Fegai would play first grade centre ahead of him at this stage. He has a lot of improvement to make defensively.

As for the kids coming up the grades, when everyone is available the Cup outside backs will be Fegai x 2, CT, Tamale, S. Finau. There will be no Flegg or Ball kids taking their spots. One or two might come in if we have injuries. Flegg is different. Quite a few SG Ball kids will get a run there this year.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
First game of the season I have been able to get to and I can't wait to be on the hill cheering on the boys on Friday evening at WIN. Hoping they can kick on from last week and try to tame the Warriors beast side. Looking forward to seeing Lomax soar above RTS to score a couple of spectacular tries. I also have a soft spot for the Warriors so if it all goes pear shaped it won't be a total tragedy.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
What I find funny is if we happen to win this game, with the fanfare the Warriors have about being premiership heavyweights and fair enough, we will be ahead of them on the Table after 7 rounds.. just imagine!
Yes! It seems in all the reporting of Saint’s games now however, we never actually win games anymore; the opposition just ‘doesn’t turn up’; well it will be interesting to see how many they don’t ‘turn up’ to this year; 3 so far and counting…..

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Suli would prefer to play right centre, and our younger guys in Tamale, Johnson, Buchanan all play left.. I think thats where we will land sooner or later...

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It will be a huge test for the Saints as I feel the Warriors are a gun side and can win the premiership this season. One thing I really hope is if Saints lose, not to lose by many. I am hating these floggings after a win. I would love the Saints to win of course, but if they lose by 6 or less that will be a good result for me as well.

If Saints do beat the Warriors, I think it will be a huge boost for their confidence and going into the ANZAC game they will be on a huge high and could trouble the Roosters. If they can beat Warriors and Chooks in consecutive weeks, they will then surely be thinking finals is achievable.

Parko1310

Juniors
Honestly at the start of the week I thought this game was a write off, I'd basically accepted this just isn't a game our side can win because we aren't there yet. But the team the warriors named.. the starting 13 is fantastic, but their bench is all over the shop. They've got injuries, so they are there to be taken on. Once AFB goes off, that's probably when we can beat them if we're going to. It will still be a tough game no doubt. We're on a five day turnaround, but Warriors are on six days after playing a full 90 minute draw and travelling, so that would've taken a toll.

It's risky, especially after a five day turnaround and the fact we'll be playing 3 games in 12 days, I don't want Liddle to get injured, but I'd at least give some thought to bringing in another middle on the bench and hoping Lids can push out 80 again. I think if we've got 4 middles on the bench to rotate throughout the game and keep fresh, we're every chance given how weakened the Warriors bench is. Dolphins did it to us in round 2, their forwards were all kept fresh and they just didn't let up the whole game. Luc is a big out for us too in this one.. anyone know if he's expected back for ANZAC Day?

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Suli would prefer to play right centre, and our younger guys in Tamale, Johnson, Buchanan all play left.. I think thats where we will land sooner or later...
has anything ever come out confirming he wants to play right centre? he was always left centre at manly as well, so essentially all his NRL he's been a left centre

TheRev

First Grade
has anything ever come out confirming he wants to play right centre? he was always left centre at manly as well, so essentially all his NRL he's been a left centre
I could have sworn the quote was from his mouth last year.. that he preferred right centre but would do anything for the team... and hence the lomax/suli switch under Griffin.

The question I have is whether Bird is still here in 2025.. and/or how fast could one of the 3 left side centres come thru.