What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith Panthers lower grades 2024

Iamback

Coach
Patea hard runnning prop, young still. Definitely one for the future.

Not sure on fale background or age, think he’s st Mary’s boy. He’s a tall athletic centre, think waqa black but not as quick and more physical hopefully not as stupid, potentially one for the future.

Apelu is a call up from rm last year I think. Been impressive stocky middle forward, think he plays a bit of hooker.

lipowicz is a line running backrower, like patea he’s young and rated highly, one for the future.

not sure about the rest.

Let me expand on these.

Fale came up from the Canberra comp, at 24 is an older guy in the squad

Luron will be a star, played FG Rugby already just out of ball so will just get bigger

Apelu was playing Massey for Wenty last year. A few games for Parra NSW Cup is a prop.

Lipowicz I rate highly runs the perfect line. Like a Billy Burns that holds the ball

Kilkenny

Coach
Missing the whole starting backrow. Huge win
It was a comfortable win. I didn’t think they we were that great, particularly given the Roosters side was a lot weaker than the one we beat a couple of weeks back. Daine Laurie played quite well at fullback made a couple of nice line breaks. It is shameful that games such as these have to be played at a venue like Wentworth Park. $10 entry which I’m fine with but $10 to park inside the venue, you had no choice as there was no off street parking anywhere close the ground. Surely there is a rectangular venue somewhere in the Sydney area or Eastern Suburbs with a small grandstand and dressing sheds. The result was never in doubt but I thought we perhaps could have played better.

Iamback

Coach
It was a comfortable win. I didn’t think they we were that great, particularly given the Roosters side was a lot weaker than the one we beat a couple of weeks back. Daine Laurie played quite well at fullback made a couple of nice line breaks. It is shameful that games such as these have to be played at a venue like Wentworth Park. $10 entry which I’m fine with but $10 to park inside the venue, you had no choice as there was no off street parking anywhere close the ground. Surely there is a rectangular venue somewhere in the Sydney area or Eastern Suburbs with a small grandstand and dressing sheds. The result was never in doubt but I thought we perhaps could have played better.

It is hard to get great most weeks in NSW Cup, considering when they have such wholesale changes

Kilkenny

Coach
It is hard to get great most weeks in NSW Cup, considering when they have such wholesale changes
I’m not complaining, the team got the job done easily enough, there were some good performances but even allowing for it being the second tier competition Wentworth Park as a venue is embarrassing. At least we have half decent secondary venues at Windsor and St Marys. The highlights reel will be interesting I can only assume the camera was at the back of the grandstand a long way from the action.

Crashtest

Juniors
I assume his contract extension means Lukes time as a Panther will end this season? Considering we now have Kenny, Sommerton and Scott.

Iamback

Coach
I assume his contract extension means Lukes time as a Panther will end this season? Considering we now have Kenny, Sommerton and Scott.

Depends where they see Scott's future. Not sure a 20 year old signs a 3 year extension without a plan to see NRL

WestyLife

First Grade
He played NSW u19's last year.
Australian schoolboys Rugby, a few reserve grade games in Super Rugby.

So has done a few things already that may fast track him

Almost sounds like a promotion from within to replace fish. Lacking experience though

Latest posts