What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nothing worse than someone calling out a troll, right ? Now who would say that ?

View attachment 86881

Dog Exercise GIF

Legal Eel

Juniors
People don’t realise the mess this club is in - the best juniors have no interest in coming here and the management of our best up and coming players can’t see the benefit of leaving their players at a club with the likes of our management and coaching.

We have a very bleak period coming up if we don’t make changes, because the club has become governed by the BA clique that all protect each other

Agents and managers are literally told not to bother even offering decent long term options at hooker to parramatta because that path is blocked

Last edited:

Legal Eel

Juniors
Is it possible that coaching isn't the problem?
You really have no idea about rugby league at all. I doubt you have ever coached at any level yourself, let alone been involved in the game in any way.

serious question: do you express these trolling opinions about the coach in public when people can see your face and know your name?

i only ask because I talk to a lot of people about parramatta and I am yet to come across ANYONE in real life who thinks Brad Arthur shouldn’t be sacked

Delboy

First Grade
People don’t realise the mess this club is in - the best juniors have no interest in coming here and the management of our best up and coming players can’t see the benefit of leaving their players at a club with the likes of our management and coaching.

We have a very bleak period coming up if we don’t make changes, because the club has become governed by the BA clique that all protect each other

Agents and managers are literally told not to bother even offering decent long term options at hookers to parramatta because that path is blocked
You may have gone a bit too far with the BA clique comment, the issue is through the admin and of course he can be replac3d, but suggest you look higher up the chain. No NRL level signings for a number of years, the 2 15 year old players of the year in our juniors are now at Roosters and Souths as I understand their signings were stuffed up by our club. A refusal to meet the salary demands of rep level players spoken to by recruitment hasn’t helped at all.

If the coach is moved on as he possibly should be, it should be part of a full root and branch change through the football club.

Gronk

Staff member
People don’t realise the mess this club is in

To be fair, everyone does. What people seem to differ on, is the solutions to the problems.

It's very easy to sack everyone and post and repost the same thing every day or week, but as the 26th POTUS once said "Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining."

So, what is the solution ? If you go through these forums there must be 50 options from 50 experts. They all start with sacking someone, but the solutions seem to be scatter gun.

I am not adverse to the Wayne Bennett appointment, which is the solution de jour, but is he prepared for the impatience of our fans and are our fans prepared to be patient for change to give effect ?

eels_fan

First Grade
No decent or experienced coach is going to consider taking us on with the structure we have in place with MON having the final say on recruitment with his ridiculous philosophies on player values/worth and an overstepping CEO who is only interested in a balance sheet and numbers on a page.

if you want a prime example of how we are only focused on optics - as part of Parradise Day today - you can get a Parradise membership for $10 that comes with a $20 store voucher. Thats what you call falsely inflating membership numbers which then makes you more appealing to sponsors who don’t deep dive into things

Unless MON goes too, and Saratinos gets back in his lane, the best we’ll get is an untried rookie or desperate coach willing to work under any conditions to have an NRL gig

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is possible.

It's also possible that he's reached the peak of his abilities, and this is as good as he gets.
I’m sure he has. But it also shows missing the finals and making grand finals fall within the normal range of expected outcomes for a solid coach like him. It’s certainly no worse than the previous 27 years before him.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yes it would be a weird conclusion to draw.

I guess at least you're honest that it was a weird place you got to.

I don't control the forums, so cannot comment on what is said/ done, but people have a right to say whatever they want (no matter how weird)
My personal position is that BA is a good coach, but we need fresh directions now.