What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane

bluefox68

Staff member
Thanks, Dale - you are a legend!

He comes across so well in interviews - top bloke, great player…
Champion!

chewsta

First Grade
Anyone know if it is effective immediately or end of the season?
Sad to see and I do wish him all the best. I hope he sticks around a little while at the club as he is a great role model and does have plenty of knowledge and experience to offer our young blokes.

Craigshark

First Grade
I wonder if it is a medical retirement?

hope he is content with it. He did cop a few bad knocks and his best days are behind him. I’m sure he has added a lot of professionalism to our squad and club even if he didn’t do too much on the field. Thanks Dale.

txta2

Bench
Too many head knocks. I saw him last year get belted in the head 2 games in a row and he just played on like nothing happened. No one picked it up.

PJ

First Grade
Anyone know if it is effective immediately or end of the season?
Sad to see and I do wish him all the best. I hope he sticks around a little while at the club as he is a great role model and does have plenty of knowledge and experience to offer our young blokes.

I'd think immediate, if end of year you'd wait wouldn't you?

So that means end of year for sure

How’s that work out cap wise this year??

I think the Sharks have to make a submission to the NRL in relation to it, providing evidence its a genuine medical retirement. It is only then the NRL will make a determination how it effects the cap.

I'm basing this on what happened in relation to the retirements of Sam Burgess, Greg Inglis, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai which were on medical grounds. (this is the story from Fox Sports on the Stewart and Matai ones - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...i/news-story/c083651efe6210221657c6ca6fd076ab)

chewsta

First Grade
Smart operating by the Sharks here also. Desperate to keep Williams but bugger all salary cap left. If Dale retires immediately as suggested do we then suddenly have the cap space to keep our current best forward?

How’s that work out cap wise this year??
I believe for this year he stays in the cap, but next year it is removed.

If though it is from today we would basically get 50% of his contract for this year.

Also what has to be done we will need to upgrade someone as well over next few weeks

R-15-3

Bench
Claiming head injury as the reason may help, can’t imagine the NRL would discourage it and forcing player to play on? It’s different from an early leg injury.

Latest posts