What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Roosters Anzac Day

Fangs

Coach
Flanno's son tries hard, but rugby league clearly isn't his strength.

60 points indicates 17 players not putting in.

The Dragons are soft. They weren't up for the game, they just thought they were.

I really do think they bounce back. Not a top 8 finish but they are going the right way. Gotta expect some thrashings which will remind them where they are at.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
DISGRACEFUL

What a way to honour those who sacrificed so much for our freedom.

Does coach Flanno not understand what a big occasion Anzac Day is? He can't even get the team up for one of the biggest regular season matches!

Can we get this muppet off our books immediately please and take his ordinary recruits with him?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Worst game I've seen in years. We are an embarassment of a team. The effort on a big day like this was honestly nauseating. Lawrie and Bird should never show their faces again for the club and Ben Hunt isn't an "established halfback"'s arsehole. He was a big reason why we lost. Kyle Flanagan is also really not that good and I'd rather him at reserves and Marschke at 5/8 if I'm being honest - I held off saying it because he was doing OK last few weeks but he is not a 5/8. Some of Lomaxs plays today were -100 IQ and although Sloan had a few good moments, at the end he was a disgrace under the high ball. I know I had a go at the refs earlier but irrespective of the officiating we would've lost by at least 40 on effort alone.

There better be some changes.

thebigredv

First Grade
Don't be too upset.

It's the same soft underbelly the Dragons had under Nathan Brown until Bennett arrived. Rome wasn't built in a day.

You could see it in the Lomax flick in his 20. They aren't trying to win the hard way.

Games like this make a club. Dragons are on the up. Flanno should act for sure. I'd have Sloan out 100%. He simply isn't interested off the ball.
Bennett inherited a much better group than Flanagan. We had a great team and the culture was ok aside from being chokers, but just lacked a few ingredients. Shane was the only one crazy enough to take on a bunch of misfits and 'almost players'.

I think the tide is turning but there's so much available cap and no-one to take it.
If you judge on ANZAC performances alone you can't say we are moving forward but I am sure that;s just me being emotional.

TheRev

First Grade
Unfortunately it was over on the 1st tackle.. we were never going to overcome 80 extra minutes in the forwards.. not against a good side that will make us do plenty of defence.

I expected this to happen, I get very frustrated after every win, the media and fans get all cocky about it.. its ridiculous.. were fielding a reserve grade team and we need a bloody lot to go our way to win a footy game.. same thing with all the Sloan love, 1 half decent game and everyone is signing him for 4yrs.. if we can just see some players perform well for a few weeks in a row..

But the really dark stuff for me is that we cant sign players.. AFB was the low point, missing Turuva too.. we tried to tight arse him and we are the only side with a potential fullback position available.. just burns hard.. I dont know how we improve this roster.. we cant afford to sit on our hands and wait for a few 18yr olds.

jeffdragon

Bench
Well that was f**ked.
We were poor and they were Hot.
Sloan went back to his not contesting kicks.
Lawrie should never get the ball in attack.
Only tackle or.run from our line.
Too many arm grabbers out there.
How Watson and Butcher ran like men possessed is a joke.
I'd just like us to find some common ground.
if we lose not get SMASHED.
It hurts but move on.
That's all we can do.