What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Apey

Staff member
Do Roosters intentionally mush the brains of players they've had enough of to get them out of the last years of their contracts? They've been working on Teddy for years now but God bless him he's still turning up. Robinson might need to shave the studs down on his boots a little more.

Hindsight roosters should’ve kept manu

bet they go after the tigers young half

FHS, Keary and Manu are entirely different situations. Manu wants a new challenge more than anything, which is why he's off to Union. I mean with the players going, do you seriously think the Roosters could not afford to re-sign him? Manu was up front about it with the club.

Pjf04b

Juniors
The Rorters will have Keary's $1.5m cap money to spend now! Along with the same for Manu and JWH! Over $4m they will claim!

Wb1234

Referee
FHS, Keary and Manu are entirely different situations. Manu wants a new challenge more than anything, which is why he's off to Union. I mean with the players going, do you seriously think the Roosters could not afford to re-sign him? Manu was up front about it with the club.
Roosters don’t want him accepting the 1.2 million from the dragons

Valheru

Coach
Not to mention he will probably be back May next year and if not in 2026

Valheru

Coach
The Rorters will have Keary's $1.5m cap money to spend now! Along with the same for Manu and JWH! Over $4m they will claim!
Roosters aren't claiming anything, that's the media claiming it.

Also, that $4M figure is derived from all of Manu, Suali'i, Keary, JWH, Tupou and Crighton.

It isn't even clear if Tupou and Crighton will go yet and as already mentioned Manu will be back sooner than later.

Regardless, losing JWH, Keary and Suali'i at the same time will surely free up $1.5-2M and the meltdown when we dare to sign a player or two will be hilarious.

yobbo84

Coach
Roosters aren't claiming anything, that's the media claiming it.

Also, that $4M figure is derived from all of Manu, Suali'i, Keary, JWH, Tupou and Crighton.

It isn't even clear if Tupou and Crighton will go yet and as already mentioned Manu will be back sooner than later.

Regardless, losing JWH, Keary and Suali'i at the same time will surely free up $1.5-2M and the meltdown when we dare to sign a player or two will be hilarious.
Didn't JWH and Tupou re-sign on cut price deals? Wasn't that how you managed to keep both of them while signing Young and Leniu? And didn't Suaalii sign for less than Souths were offering him to play under Robinson and learn from SBW?

Roosters must be the only club who never have to upgrade a contract value...

Anyway having said all that... Roosters will definitely have some cash to burn. Especially if they let Crichton go (who did actually sign for big bucks). I don't know that Sam Walker and Sandon Smith are a premiership halves combo, so they'll definitely go after someone big.

As for Keary? Great decision on his behalf. He's done everything in the game, time for him to walk away while his brain still functions.

Valheru

Coach
Didn't JWH and Tupou re-sign on cut price deals? Wasn't that how you managed to keep both of them while signing Young and Leniu? And didn't Suaalii sign for less than Souths were offering him to play under Robinson and learn from SBW?

Roosters must be the only club who never have to upgrade a contract value...

Anyway having said all that... Roosters will definitely have some cash to burn. Especially if they let Crichton go (who did actually sign for big bucks). I don't know that Sam Walker and Sandon Smith are a premiership halves combo, so they'll definitely go after someone big.

As for Keary? Great decision on his behalf. He's done everything in the game, time for him to walk away while his brain still functions.
I'm not coming up with the figures, the media are.

I doubt JWH and Tupou are on less than $500k each. RE: Suali'i, that was his original contract, he has been extended since then. If you are conservative and say the 6 players in question average $500k that is still $3M.

I think Crighton is well on his way to earning another contract.

I agree on Keary and I said this in the roosters forum, I think it is a good decision for both parties. The one year extension was a bit of a head scratcher for me given the transition period the squad will be facing the next 2-3 years. He has nothing left to prove and it's time to hand the reigns over to Walker.

yobbo84

Coach
Yeh Reynolds form at Brisbane has been dire whilst illas has been told to find another club
Oh dear. If you still think the decision was about Ilias over Reynolds, I can't help you.

It was the wrong decision, but Ilias had nothing to do with it.