What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club? eddie paea or mitchell pearce...

who would you rather have at your club?

• Total voters

philstorm

Juniors
-Dr.J- said:
Have you seen Paea play???

He is still young. But he masterminded the junior kiwi's ownership of the junior roo's. Impressive stuff

I thought Foran 'masterminded it'?

tiger_nick

Bench
id take pearce nearly becuase paea is from the rabbitohs. whens the last time a rabbitohs junior hailed as 'the next big thing' actually ended up producing for more then one season?

The Business

Juniors
cogger72 said:
Neither. Pearce isn't half as good as the two guys they let go and has a bit of an attitude problem.

Paea will never make it in rugby league. He prances around the field like a rugby no.10 who doesn't want to tackle. He may as well save time and go play for Randwick now because thats where he'll end up.
An attitude problem? You must be kidding.

As for his toughness, for a kid fresh out of school he looked pretty tenacious to me.

Corbin

Juniors
I'm a roosters fan, yet i still see more in Paea than i do in Pearce.

Pearce just doesn't seem to cut it for me and wont be able to play on reputation for much longer.

there both young though so anything could happen.

haha

Juniors
tiger_nick said:
id take pearce, paea looks alright but is too tiny to ever be a top first grade halfback.

Pearce 182cm 81kg from roosters site.

Paea 178cm 84kg from souths site.

pretty even in size at the time profiles were put up.

aqua_duck

Coach
haha said:
Pearce 182cm 81kg from roosters site.

Paea 178cm 84kg from souths site.

pretty even in size at the time profiles were put up.
Just to show what a stupid comment that was, how big is jonathan thurston? He'd be 80kg at best, same with guys like stacey jones, brett kimmorley, matt orford (when he was younger), scott prince, and cooper Cronk. Most halfbacks are pretty small when you think about it. I'd say Paea is standard size for an NRL halfback

ozzie

Bench
NGR said:
i wouldnt know about the roosters forum cause i dont go there...

we have the right to start chirping, we have copped endless sh*t for a couple of decades and now the tables have turned...

i dont doubt pearce is a good halfback i just wanna who people would rather have as they are both good halfbacks.
a couple of Decades big call?

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce imo looks alot better than last year so far. With the current halfback drought for NSW, thinking he might get an Origin spot this year isn't that much of a stretch if his form continues to improve.

Billythekid

First Grade
I haven't seen all that much from either TBH. Topou has shown that he is far more capable of ball playing than pearce. As for Paea he has a fairly strong running game but i haven't been impressed by his kicking or ball playing.

Plus neither of them seem to do any organizing for the team.

If i had to choose one right now though i would take paea.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
I am honestly baffled there is even a poll between these two. Pearce is streets ahead. Paea hasnt even cemented a first grade starting spot yet

adamkungl

Immortal
Billythekid said:
I haven't seen all that much from either TBH. Topou has shown that he is far more capable of ball playing than pearce. As for Paea he has a fairly strong running game but i haven't been impressed by his kicking or ball playing.

Plus neither of them seem to do any organizing for the team.

If i had to choose one right now though i would take paea.

wtf....Tupou is a lock/second rower, how is that even relevant...

U-Boat

Juniors
Pearce easily.
He's a tough nut defensively.
And he has a pretty good all-round game. Kicking, passing, needs to run the ball a bit more.

Latest posts