What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Team To Play Souths

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play South Sydney Rabbitohs at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday, April 20, in round six of the Telstra Premiership.

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Shannon McDonnell
6 John Morris
7 Mathew Head
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Stuart Flanagan
10 Keith Galloway
11 Todd Payten
12 Chris Heighington
13 Liam Fulton

14 Dene Halatau
15 Danny Galea
16 Corey Payne
17 Ben Te’o

Casualty Ward
Ryan O’Hara – jaw; Rd 7
Benji Marshall – knee, Rd 11
Bronson Harrison – knee, Rd 14

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1439

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I like Te'o dropping back to the bench. I think that's a solid team that now provides a bit of grunt off the bench (although no genuine prop again is a concern). Show up with the same enthusiasm as the Cowboys game and we must surely be too strong for Souths.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
McDonnell should not be there.

And Morris should be at 9, with either Flanagan or Moltzen (more likely the latter) at five-eighth.

Apart from that, not too bad.

super_coach

First Grade
except for junior burger, best side we could put on the field but still will not get the bacon. Our defence will even make Souffs look like a well oiled attacking unit. Dio you think Shines will use the old three man bench or actually use the no17 for a change?????

alien

Referee
Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens has named his team to play South Sydney Rabbitohs at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday, April 20, in round six of the Telstra Premiership.

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Shannon McDonnell
6 John Morris
7 Mathew Head
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Stuart Flanagan
10 Keith Galloway
11 Todd Payten
12 Chris Heighington
13 Liam Fulton

14 Dene Halatau
15 Danny Galea
16 Corey Payne
17 Ben Te’o

Casualty Ward
Ryan O’Hara – jaw; Rd 7
Benji Marshall – knee, Rd 11
Bronson Harrison – knee, Rd 14

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1439

#-o

push Lawrence to the wing, Halatau to the centres, remove junior burger, put Tandy or a running forward on the bench, put Morris at hooker, Moltzen at 5/8 and remove flano, and its a bloody good side.

Notice that Farah is not on the injured list, could be a late starter?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we need to strengthen our defence in the backs a bit more

1 Brett Hodgson ©
2 Taniela Tuiaki
3 Dean Collis
4 John Morris
5 Chris Lawrence
6 Liam Fulton
7 Mathew Head
8 Bryce Gibbs
9 Stuart Flanagan
10 Todd Payten
11 Keith Galloway
12 Chris Heighington
13 Dene Halatau

14 Rocky Trimarchi
15 Danny Galea
16 Corey Payne
17 Ben Te’o

Personally I think that'd be a bit better. Don't know whether to have Galea or Halatau starting at Lock, either would suffice. Buggered if I know why Sheens had Payten in the back row and Galloway in the front row. Payten's been putting in some solid work in the front row and I see no reason why he should be moved wider. Galloway would get punished in the front row, and should be player closer to the edge of the ruck.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Galloway or Gibbs?

I'm not sure about Morris at centre, he's ok defensively but it's a big adjustment from defending in the middle of the park to out wide and I'd be hesitant to shift him wider unless he'd been training there.

Other than McDonnell and Morris at 5/8, I'm happy with the line-up.

alien

Referee
John Morris is too slow to play in the centers. I would rather someone like Beau Ryan in the centers. I am not sure why he was taken out of the side in the first place actually. He seems much better than Shannon McDonnell. If Robbie Farah isn't fit to play then put John Morris at hooker.