What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor's contribution to Rugby League

Engine

Juniors
Poor old Jason Taylor is finally getting a chunk of what he deserves as a human being. If you think I am being harsh, lets look at some history.

At Wests in the early 90's, that poor little wimp of of a player did not appreciate the coaching of one of the greats of the modern era (Warren Ryan). His ranting and raving to the board contributed towards the downfall of Warren Ryan's tenure at the club and left the club that had nurtured him for dead. Jason Taylor set a precedent for player power beating rugbly league club management. Taylor got his way over a weak-kneed board.

When people look up player power pioneer in the dictionary or wikipedia, Jason Taylor's photo will be there.

The whinger decided to go to another club with weak management (North Sydney Bears). That club had a great coach (Peter Louis). Peter Louis coached the club through its finest period in its history.
Jason Taylor's form began to wane diring his Bears stint. Louis wanted to drop him to reserve grade. Jason Taylor did not try to knuckle down in reserve grade to work on his game. He took action in the ONLY way he knows how....act like a workers union boss and demand that Louis get sacked.

Those "strong" managers at North Sydney took Jason's word over one of the greatest coaches the club ever had. Peter Louis continued to hang around as a statue while Jason Taylor played captain/selector/coach/chief exectutive. Even Louis has gone on the record saying that Taylor coached the joint while he was there. A case of the inmates running the asylum. Taylor was king maniac.

As we all know, the club went downhill from there. If Norths had stronger managers, they might still be around in the NRL.

Enter 2008. Taylor is now getting some karma. There have been rumblings from Souths players about the coach. Souths react by getting John Lang to manage the side. It is Taylor's turn to do his impersonation of a statue. Suths need to go a step further and sack the wanker. Richardson - Lang are proven performers. Let them work their magic while Taylor can go to the coaching graveyard.

sharko

Juniors
Well said, and Taylor was one of the main proponents for the merger with Manly, that abortion everyone knew as the Northern Eagles. Souths will be better off with Lang I think..this is a huge match for them against Saints on the weekend.

Moffo

Referee
sack JT, the squib got lucky with the eels and has underachieved with a souths team since

grandorient

Bench
Wow, interesting thread.

I didn't realise was so loved.

If these are indeed facts beyond reasonable doubt, then it does make you think twice about the charecter of the man.

Having said that, JT may well someday make a great coach, and a stint with Langy won't do him any harm. I have looked at JT in much the same way as Brownie over at Saints, terribly inexperienced and both would benifit hugely as an assistant to a great coach. With Langy on board, and Bennett coming to the Saints next year, well it may just prove a point.

GO

glockers

Juniors
Dealing with JT for two and a half years on match day at Parra led me to believe the dude was a champ. Hilarious and friendly. He even used to drive Brian Smith's car in and hang half his body out the window going "how you doing boys I've got Brian's spot" in the most Aussie yobbo blokey way.

Parra

Referee
Sounds like bullshit.

JT is not the problem at Souths - it is recruitment & management. Look at what the Titans have been able to achieve.

Taylor has the toughest job in the NRL - and he is doing it very well.

Made the finals last year. This year the team is not as bad as the results indicate - there have been some close results there.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Sounds like bullshit.

JT is not the problem at Souths - it is recruitment & management. Look at what the Titans have been able to achieve.

Made the finals last year. This year the team is not as bad as the results indicate - there have been some close results there.
You sure about that? 1 win from 10 and stone-cold last.

Only the most ardent JT fan would suggest he is doing well, let alone VERY well.

wittyfan

Referee
Witty has credited Taylor has being a major influence in him becoming the great kicker that he is, so I'm not sure what to think!

adamkungl

Immortal
Sounds like bullshit.

I beg to differ. Halves are NSW cup quality, backs are shite, and forwards are nearly as bad. Isaac Luke and Asotasi are the only redeeming qualities of this pathetic squad.

HevyDevy

Coach
You sure about that? 1 win from 10 and stone-cold last.

Only the most ardent JT fan would suggest he is doing well, let alone VERY well.

Well, I founf out a few things about what has been going in behind the scenes at that club and I feel sorry for JT.

No coach or team can be expected to put up with such a poorly managed, unprofessional group of people.

mightybears

Bench
Poor old Jason Taylor is finally getting a chunk of what he deserves as a human being. If you think I am being harsh, lets look at some history.

At Wests in the early 90's, that poor little wimp of of a player did not appreciate the coaching of one of the greats of the modern era (Warren Ryan). His ranting and raving to the board contributed towards the downfall of Warren Ryan's tenure at the club and left the club that had nurtured him for dead. Jason Taylor set a precedent for player power beating rugbly league club management. Taylor got his way over a weak-kneed board.

When people look up player power pioneer in the dictionary or wikipedia, Jason Taylor's photo will be there.

The whinger decided to go to another club with weak management (North Sydney Bears). That club had a great coach (Peter Louis). Peter Louis coached the club through its finest period in its history.
Jason Taylor's form began to wane diring his Bears stint. Louis wanted to drop him to reserve grade. Jason Taylor did not try to knuckle down in reserve grade to work on his game. He took action in the ONLY way he knows how....act like a workers union boss and demand that Louis get sacked.

Those "strong" managers at North Sydney took Jason's word over one of the greatest coaches the club ever had. Peter Louis continued to hang around as a statue while Jason Taylor played captain/selector/coach/chief exectutive. Even Louis has gone on the record saying that Taylor coached the joint while he was there. A case of the inmates running the asylum. Taylor was king maniac.

As we all know, the club went downhill from there. If Norths had stronger managers, they might still be around in the NRL..............

I largely agree, couldn't stand him as a player and i thought what he and the board did was a disgrace, but
1. the souths list is crap, and
2. Chris McKivat was a greater coach than Louis, as premierships count.

Scorpio30

Bench
I remember him getting tackled in th 91 finals series for Norths and getting up and playing the ball to the opposition!

mightybears

Bench
Witty is multi-dimensional and full of class.

Orford is one dimensional and pedestrian.

and orford was the reason the JT knifed Peter Louis, how dare Louis suggest that a 21 year old would be good enough to play at number 7 for norths!