What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club? eddie paea or mitchell pearce...

who would you rather have at your club?

• Total voters

Rovelli

Bench
Easy in hindsight, but Pearce showed much more in first-grade last season.

And I'm a Kiwi. So is Paea.

Sood

Juniors
lol. i wonder how long till a souths fan starts a sandow v pearce thread. :lol:

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm a roosters fan, yet i still see more in Paea than i do in Pearce.

Pearce just doesn't seem to cut it for me and wont be able to play on reputation for much longer.

there both young though so anything could happen.
Hang your head in shame.

Tommy Smith

Referee
They both can't tackle for crap but I chose Paea as he has more potential in him and will probably play senior rep footy. Just needs more expiernce in first grade.

But watching him for Norths he played well last season.
:lol: This thread is GOLD.

Pearce is a fantastic defender. Arguably the best defensive half in the NRL. I believe he is equal first in the competition for 1-on-1 tackles.

Some people have no idea.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Neither. Haven't proved enough.

Nearly all teams would love to have Pearce on their team. He has shown plenty of talent already, one of the best defenders for his size always puts in the effort and is about to play a State of Origin. All signs are good and that he will be a great player and most teams would love a half like him for example the Warriors.

Eddie Paea sh*ts on Mitchell Pearce

Have you seen Paea play???

He is still young. But he masterminded the junior kiwi's ownership of the junior roo's. Impressive stuff

Eddie Paea has just been called into the Kiwis..... that would make him better....

Confidence that is horribly misguided. Pearce is rubbish.

Paea by far .

I saw Paea last night,he comes in to my work alot,came in with his family.

Paea --> Pearce

Wade Graham --> Both

I'm a roosters fan, yet i still see more in Paea than i do in Pearce.

Pearce just doesn't seem to cut it for me and wont be able to play on reputation for much longer.

there both young though so anything could happen.

They both can't tackle for crap but I chose Paea as he has more potential in him and will probably play senior rep footy. Just needs more expiernce in first grade.

But watching him for Norths he played well last season.

eddie paea

girl_with_dunce_cao.jpg

id take pearce nearly becuase paea is from the rabbitohs. whens the last time a rabbitohs junior hailed as 'the next big thing' actually ended up producing for more then one season?

this quote is paul pierce because it's the truth ...

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
Nearly all teams would love to have Pearce on their team. He has shown plenty of talent already, one of the best defenders for his size always puts in the effort and is about to play a State of Origin. All signs are good and that he will be a great player and most teams would love a half like him for example the Warriors.
'Nearly all' is a fairly gross exaggeration. I'd say that over half the teams in the NRL have a prospect at #7 who's either comparable to Pearce or better.

The Cowboys have Thurston, the Titans have Prince and the Storm have Cronk. All of them are fairly young and are far better halves than Pearce.

Brisbane have Wallace, Souths have Sandow, and Newcastle have Mullen and Rogers - players with comparable ability and potential to Pearce. There's no real reason why either club would go through the trouble of chasing Pearce's signature just to exchange one undeveloped potential wold beater for another.

Manly have Orford. They will definitely not be looking to replace him after this season's Dally M and premiership medal.

Cronulla have Barrett. The Warriors (now) have Jones. Neither would want to trade for Pearce.

Which leaves us with the Tigers, the Bulldogs (arguable), the Eels, the Panthers, and the Raiders. Hardly 'nearly all'.

Latest posts