What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memories of tingha and mundine.

special players.

choc was one of the most talented RL players but shot off his mouth too much. had he zipped it more hed have gone much further in the game.

tinga was a special player. had his career destroyed by the idiots that choose the nsw side. he was never the same player after being snubbed.

people remember the try vs the tigers at leichhardt oval where with the game over he does the chip and chase to regather and score with fox commentary going nathan blacklock youve just earned yourself a nsw origin spot.

my cousin was at the game and broke a chair from jumping up and down and hurt cartilege in his knee and eventually needed surgery.

i have a video somewhere where it shows the great tries of 99 and they scored some amazing stuff there.

those aboriginal players have something special when they play the game

watatank

Coach
I remember that try he scored in the 1999 grand final where he flew onto a Storm chip kick and scored under the posts against the run of play.

Cooper-Man

Bench
other than tingas 99 GF try, my favourite was against the tigers. we were losing and there was about a minute left and tinga gets the ball out wide and chips and chases and scores for us to win the game. that weekend we should have been selected for the blues. He didnt cause they are all corrupt.

Godz Illa

Coach
Still two of my favourite ever players. Flawed genius, but genius still. Gaz belongs alongside them in that category. All three should have been ten-year Dragons :-(

j0nesy

Bench
special players.

choc was one of the most talented RL players but shot off his mouth too much. had he zipped it more hed have gone much further in the game.

tinga was a special player. had his career destroyed by the idiots that choose the nsw side. he was never the same player after being snubbed.

people remember the try vs the tigers at leichhardt oval where with the game over he does the chip and chase to regather and score with fox commentary going nathan blacklock youve just earned yourself a nsw origin spot.

my cousin was at the game and broke a chair from jumping up and down and hurt cartilege in his knee and eventually needed surgery.

i have a video somewhere where it shows the great tries of 99 and they scored some amazing stuff there.

those aboriginal players have something special when they play the game

You've just name 2 of my 3 favourite Dragons players of all time, my 3rd was Brad McKay.

Calixte

First Grade
As players they had a wonderful understanding.

Invariably when Mundine scored a try, Blacklock would be on his hip, ready to take the ball if necessary or to join in the try scoring celebrations as required.

They brought a real exuberance to the play of the Dragons at that time.

Their performances against Cronulla in the 1999 prelim final were very special...

I remember that try he scored in the 1999 grand final where he flew onto a Storm chip kick and scored under the posts against the run of play.

yeah, what about the ones they scored against cronulla in the preliminary final, especially with the double backflips.

other than tingas 99 GF try, my favourite was against the tigers. we were losing and there was about a minute left and tinga gets the ball out wide and chips and chases and scores for us to win the game. that weekend we should have been selected for the blues. He didnt cause they are all corrupt.

one of the biggest disgraces ever seen i feel.

destroyed his career.

its not fair when a player is that good and they dont pick him

ive found it hard to go for nsw at origin after that

ive lost the video but theres a try scored in 99 against either the tigers or souths where the ball went through over 10 sets of hands and more than 60 m. to score.

they were amazing

marty_dragon

Juniors
Freaks of nature...when i think about tingah the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Mundine, he talked the talk and about 90%of the time walked the walk! LOL! If only they stayed and played out there carees with us ...would of been awesome!

league

Juniors
my two favourite players of all time.

I recall a match at Shark Park in 1999 when Tingha put an in and away on ET and run 40 metres to score a wonderful try, anyone have this on video?? (we lost the match)

when tinga went to union, i bumped into him at foxstudios nightclub.

actually i was at the urinal a little drunk when i look over and see tinga.

i go nathan blacklock, your my favourite player.

what are you doing in rugby union, you dont belong there.

you belong back at the big red v where everyone loves you.

dont let that dope wayne pearce upset you (cost him the origin spot), what does he know about RL, he sings in a band now.

it might not have been the best place to do it, but hey, i worshipped the guy.

Russo

Juniors

You mean this try? :cool:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Blacklock is my all time favourite Dragon and just watching him and Mundine was awesome. Another Blacklock moment would be him having a hand in that comeback against Manly, i still watch that game to this day.

sting

Bench
The try blacklock scored against the tigers where the commentators went nuts and said he had just got a blue jersey is on youtube i watch it a fair bit! the 99 grand final one is as well in a dragons 99 package that goes for a couple of minutes.

sorry i can't post the links as i'm at work and can't access youtube :( but they're definately there i watch them a fair bit!

gregstar

Referee
yep - alongside slippery, (senior that is), tingha is the best winger i've seen at saints. just in front of gearin, brennan & walford.

what i really got sh*tty with, was the speculation that blacklock was a poor defender. i found this astonishing considering i believe he saved at least as many tries as he scored himself. either his pace prevented tries or his ability to either intercept or knock a pass down were as much a trademark as his backflips. obviously it was an excuse for twits such as fulton to justify an existence.

good to see some things never change.

Latest posts