What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jubilee Jukebox (Songs and Video)

More stuff...

A quickie from '77:

http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/audio/1977_ 2SMgrandfinal.mp3

and an old ripper but more recent effort from Kram:

http://www.jubileeavenue.com.au/audio/Blacklock_Time_of_your_Life.wma

Plus in the archives I found TMUTC's classic 'Born to Lose' - a tribute to the scum. But at 35megs it'll have to wait until later in the week.

haha, good man. I dont have that anymore.

Feel free to make it smaller. (At the time I didnt want to skimp on viewing quality)

I started making that just as a project to teach myself how to use video editing software and it sorta just took on a life of it's own.

I'd like to do more but getting the footage is the major road block.

Southernsaint

Staff member
haha, good man. I dont have that anymore.

Feel free to make it smaller. (At the time I didnt want to skimp on viewing quality)

I started making that just as a project to teach myself how to use video editing software and it sorta just took on a life of it's own.

I'd like to do more but getting the footage is the major road block.

"Born to Lose" was pure class. As soon as you can, get it on Youtube - the world deserves to see it in all its glory...

Dragon

Coach
wow this brings back memories of the early 90's. Definately should be played at our home games after a win. Anyone got any links to other clubs team songs of the same period? Only other one i can remember is Canberras 'lean mean green machine'

Ribs

Bench
The old school Saints Go Marchin In that they played at Kogarah is he one...... as a little kid singing that all the way home after listening to it you filed out after a win. Brilliant.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
The try blacklock scored against the tigers where the commentators went nuts and said he had just got a blue jersey is on youtube i watch it a fair bit! the 99 grand final one is as well in a dragons 99 package that goes for a couple of minutes.

sorry i can't post the links as i'm at work and can't access youtube :( but they're definately there i watch them a fair bit!

Here's the last minute TRY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akBBofY0aNM

and the 99 compilation :( : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJktYiq_n0M

I think we need a Dragons youtube thread for stuff like this.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
A number of posts and threads merged here.

TMUTC, I hope you don't mind your Jubilee Jukebox being stickied like this.

This thread for any song or video including anything Saints-related.

Cheers.

paulyt

Juniors
Please forgive me for this but I'm currently listening to "Go the Mighty Panthers"

There is a good reason, growing up from Under 6s to Under 13s I had the same coach and she was a mad Panthers fan and used to always take us to Panthers games, I used to always hear this song. Anyway, she was my mums best friend and became like a mother to me when my mum died. Recently, she died of cancer like my mother so this song brings back a lot of memories.

EDIT: I'm still looking for "I'm a One-Eyed Dragons Supporter" if anybody has it or knows where to get it that would be great.

Last edited:
Any of you older guys into the Smiths?

I've just started listening to some of their songs and I absolutely love them.

Bigmouth Strikes Again
Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Girlfriend in a Coma
Panic
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Solid gold, I cant believe these guys never really had great success. People in the 80s must have had really poor taste.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Any of you older guys into the Smiths?

I've just started listening to some of their songs and I absolutely love them.

Bigmouth Strikes Again
Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Girlfriend in a Coma
Panic
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now

Solid gold, I cant believe these guys never really had great success. People in the 80s must have had really poor taste.
The only problems with the Smiths is they gave birth to Morrissey.

I was involved on the fringes of his tour to Aust around 1990 (?). JJJ were sponsoring and promoting the tour. Unfortunately they got so wrapped up in hero-worship that they lost perspective. They bent over backwards and spent heaps of money.

The Morrissey affliction took over the JJJ promotions to the point where one band that was playing on the same night was black listed on the JJJ Whats On. That's my fringe involvement. lol

Eventually, JJJ were 'rewarded' with Morrissey cancelling shows because he had a 'sore throat'. Everyone lost, support bands, promoters, fans... all because the child caught a sniffle.

A sad tale, I know.

Apart from that, I quite liked the Smiths music.

Yeah Morrissey's a bit strange.

Some former members of the Smiths took him to court over not being paid their rightful share of royalties and won.

Johnny Marr seems solid enough, City fan, meat eater.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah Morrissey's a bit strange.

Some former members of the Smiths took him to court over not being paid their rightful share of royalties and won.

Johnny Marr seems solid enough, City fan, meat eater.
lol. Nothing against vegetarians. But I remember a lot of people getting into the politics of vegies because of Morrissey. That'd be fine except that they would sneak away to eat sausage sangas in their leather cowboy boots.

The band that lost JJJ support in 1991 were Blyth Power. English anarchists, cricket lovers, and serious vegans. They're still playing, and are much better than the Smiths.

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Why dont you do what Penrith is doing.
Have hells bells by ACDC going when they are about to run out.
It gets you fired up to the max.

Latest posts