What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eel Eric Grothe Jr told to find new home

Parra

Referee
How did we get Tahu in the first place?

Guru is being shopped around like a commodity.

If there is some 'sanctity' in a contract (their words) then pay the man off and wish him well.

Stagger eel

Staff member

If there is some 'sanctity' in a contract (their words) then pay the man off and wish him well.

your f**king kidding aren't you???..so not only should we just release Grothe but we should just, pay him out, which would basically come under the sallary cap and will give us absalutely no scope to use his contract money elsewhere???...your on drugs mate.

EELICIT

Juniors
maybe he should concentrate on his musical career because he has a passion for that unlike his commitment to footy

EELICIT

Juniors

LOL, your kidding, um hes been put on the market at the end of his contract! god people make there own sh*t up dont they

EELICIT

Juniors
I wouldn't imagine there'd be many if any NRL club willing to gamble on him at the money he's on but England is a big option imo.

absolutely, i cant see him geting picked up by another nrl club! so looks like superleague here he comes

fish eel

Immortal
I just can't get my head around the fact that we release a bloke of the quality of Eric without having a contingiency plan in place, it really doesn't make sense at all but than again not much does at the moment.

he is, or has been a NSW cup player :?

big boppa eel

Juniors

Is there anyone left to buy?, dumb if my opinion I be happier pissing Tautai of instead.

EELICIT

Juniors
I'm pretty disgusted by the whole situation. Eric hasn't even been given a chance to redeem himself after being dropped. Anyone who is applauding this has a really short memory. Just last season Grothe was being talked about as one of the components of possibly the best backlines of the modern era.

You do make a good point, however the nrl these days is a cut-throat business and decisions need to be made! thems the breaks!!!

big boppa eel

Juniors
People have been saying how bad Tautai and Williams have been and how they have been worse than Grothe (Which makes me :lol::lol:)...ask yourselves how bad Eric must have been going if he couldnt even force one of those 2 rookies, playing out of position off the wing in 1sts!

Besides i believe we have the backs fairly well covered for next season anyway

Hayne,Burt,Inu,Smith,Reddy,Etu,Tautai,Wright,Hauraki

Yes sign Kaufusi but we need some depth in the halves desperatly!!
Huge doubt on Tautai.

fish eel

Immortal
Bet you weren't saying that less than 12 months ago. Bet you loved him then.

his form as been poor for sometime tbh.

I just dont think we can afford someone on his coin in wenty.

People have said tough decisions should be made to free up cap space, a tough call gets made and people whinge. Go figure.

lucablight

First Grade
You do make a good point, however the nrl these days is a cut-throat business and decisions need to be made! thems the breaks!!!

If I thought he was beyond help I wouldn't be so annoyed. I still think he can be a valuable asset. I don't think he's been given enough of a chance to prove himself after being dropped.

Anyway what would be the point of releasing him now anyway? It's not like there's anyone on the market for next year.

big boppa eel

Juniors
This is really disappointing. Especially as Hagan at first said Guru was only being dropped to find his form.... We haven't seen him since! He did the right thing and turned up for Wenty each week, yet he persisted with the same mediocre backline for how long? And is blooding Tony Williams for Manly instead.

Hagan is just continually disappointing, and obviously has a set against Guru. I guess he's one of those players some coaches can't handle.

Also his reasoning 'we have Tautai and Reddy' how pathetic. Tautai has had only a handful of half decent games all year.
And the irony to all this Hagan hopefully will be gone by the end of 09, and somebody else has to repair the sh*t he has left.

lucablight

First Grade
his form as been poor for sometime tbh.

I just dont think we can afford someone on his coin in wenty.

People have said tough decisions should be made to free up cap space, a tough call gets made and people whinge. Go figure.

So you think he's beyond help and will never be better than a wenty player? I'd have to disagree.

Like I said in my previous post what's the point of releasing him for next season if there's no one on the market anyway.

Parra

Referee
LOL, your kidding, um hes been put on the market at the end of his contract! god people make there own sh*t up dont they

At least you put an "um" in there.

If he is on the market at the end of his contract then it is situation normal. No announcement. His contract ends at the end of 2010 or so.

To the contrary - the Eels have said that you can sign Guru now, and they don't care. They will tear up the current contract they have signed.

fish eel

Immortal
So you think he's beyond help and will never be better than a wenty player? I'd have to disagree.

Not at all - but tough decisions need to be made - and in fact, there has been countless posts by people in the past few months saying Grothe should be one of those decisions.

Then, when it happens, the club still get bagged.:?

Like I said in my previous post what's the point of releasing him for next season if there's no one on the market anyway.

I'd suggest theres always players on the market nowdays, or players you could get if you wheel and deal and play your cards right. I dont think our biggest issue next year will be replacing Guru on the wing anyway, if in fact he goes.

Latest posts