What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel 9's Disgraceful coverage of finals

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
i wonder if 9 Melbourne will advertis it so people know?

i seriously doubt it

Why would they? 1000 people showed up to watch the live feed. After 10 years and all the success they have had that is amazingly bad.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

j5o6hn

Juniors
At bloody midnight get real pal or piss off,it seems odd that your always on here running down League and defending AFL, go back to big Footy or the Roar I,m sure you will be much happier there with the Rugger Buggers and the AFL lovers, you can all form a daisy chain together

mik01

Juniors
Why would they? 1000 people showed up to watch the live feed. After 10 years and all the success they have had that is amazingly bad.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

silly point.
on a cold night at midnight, I would rather watch it at home also.
can't blame them for avoiding it like the plague.

its just disgraceful - Gallop must go

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
At bloody midnight get real pal or piss off,it seems odd that your always on here running down League and defending AFL, go back to big Footy or the Roar I,m sure you will be much happier there with the Rugger Buggers and the AFL lovers, you can all form a daisy chain together
I'm not running down footy. I'm running down Melbourne. I assure you Melbourne has nothing to do with rugby leauge.

I don't now what big footy is, but I know the roar is a soccer team - from where I have no idea.

I don't support AFL. I am more than happy for them to have their code and for us to have ours.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
silly point.
on a cold night at midnight, I would rather watch it at home also.
can't blame them for avoiding it like the plague.

its just disgraceful - Gallop must go

1000 people! I follow a team that makes the finals about every 20 years these days. People that really follow a team will do anything to go - let alone watch on TV. 05 cost me a small fortune and it was worth every cent. 5million odd people in victoria and you think it's cold is a good excuse for 1000 ex pats to show up.

FMD.

no name

Coach
The NRL should just schedule the 2nd and 3rd week finals on Sat nights and Sunday arvos next year after the sh*t 9 have pulled this year.

no name

Coach
I think people are getting confused.
STC has a point, 1000 fans to turn up to the LIVE screening is pretty p*ss poor, although it shouldn't have to come to that.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
STC has a point, 1000 fans to turn up to the LIVE screening is pretty p*ss poor, although it shouldn't have to come to that.

It is amazingly bad. Why would channel nine advertise NRL. The answer? Because they have to back it up by showing it in prime time. They don't want to watch it. Fair enough. We have a load of people on the north shore and the central coast who are interested.

Brutus

Referee
AFL should be taken off Sydney free-to-air TV screens immediatley.

Sydney people have proven time and time again they do not care about the sh*t.

Both AFL semis were thrashed by SBS in prime time on the weekend. It's embarrassing.

Almost 50,000 people in Melbourne stayed up to 2.30am to watch the Storm semi last Saturday night. Virtually the same amount bothered to watch the Hawthorn v St Kilda semi in prime time in Sydney.

Get AFL off our screens because it doesn't rate at all!

Brutus

Referee

It wasn't even advertised like many RL related things in Melbourne. It was a last minute decision as well.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
AFL should be taken off Sydney free-to-air TV screens immediatley.

Sydney people have proven time and time again they do not care about the sh*t.

Both AFL semis were thrashed by SBS in prime time on the weekend. It's embarrassing.

Almost 50,000 people in Melbourne stayed up to 2.30am to watch the Storm semi last Saturday night. Virtually the same amount bothered to watch the Hawthorn v St Kilda semi in prime time in Sydney.

Get AFL off our screens because it doesn't rate at all!

I disagree. I think Sydney people are more "rounded" that Melbourne people (I use that expression loosely). Sydneysiders are more prepared to give things a go. They have nothing to do in Melbourne other than watch AFL. It is what they do. Sydney follow league AND winners. When the swans are hot people seem to watch. I don't know what exactly says about Sydney. More imaginative than Melbourne but shallow!

no name

Coach
It is amazingly bad. Why would channel nine advertise NRL. The answer? Because they have to back it up by showing it in prime time. They don't want to watch it. Fair enough. We have a load of people on the north shore and the central coast who are interested.

Whilst I agree that the turn out was bad, Melbourne should still get the opportunity to watch their local team live in the finals. Especially if the game is played out of town.

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
Whilst I agree that the turn out was bad, Melbourne should still get the opportunity to watch their local team live in the finals. Especially if the game is played out of town.

Ideally yes. The idea that it is a channel nine conspiracy is what irks me. In their opinion the people of Melbourne don't care. They may or may not be correct. I am making the point it is not a nine conspiracy or the making of Gallop.