What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian's Insight - 30 April 2004

IanG

Coach
Ian's Insight - 30 April 2004
Tonight I Dine On Wabbit Stew!
By IanG

This week is one of only two weekends where I’m not cheering for the Bunnies. In the past I’ve been accused of being one eyed when it comes to football but that is simply not the case. I have two eyes. Admittedly one’s red and the other one’s blue but you get the idea. I am Newcastle all the way but in light of all the trouble they’ve had to go through in the last five years or so I’ve developed a real soft spot for South Sydney. It seemed to me that the NRL were determined to drive Souths out of the competition so they could satisfy the whims of those at News Limited who are now picking up the tab so to speak for the likes of Melbourne etc.

But no despite the fact that I have that soft spot for Souths I’ll still be cheering hard for the Knights this Saturday evening and hopefully see them turn them into rabbit stew. I’m sure they are still not going to be a push over as they along with us have been hit hard by injury, however I honestly can’t see them getting up. I’d be surprised if they did though but I’m sure it’s a case of never say never.

It seems that we didn’t manage to have our little win in the war against Vikings last weekend however I don’t think the boys have anything to be ashamed of seeing as how Canberra Stadium has always been a real bogy ground for the Knights in the past but we put up a real good fight and can get a lot of confidence out of it because they were the better team on the night. One thing is for sure had Steve Witt managed to put that field goal over and levelled things up it would’ve been intriguing to have had two golden point games in the same night. It was a classic case of so close yet so far.

In light of the fine imposed on the club for the salary cap breach I hear that it’s over that affair when Ken Conway lent Matt Parsons his car and fuel card for a period of time. I’ve always been led to believe that this was common practice in the business word, that in the event of an employee’s car being off the road that they can borrow a company car for that period of time. In my opinion this whole this is just plain stupid and is nowhere near the same vein as what went down at the Bulldogs back in 2002.

Anyway I’m sure at around 7:20pm on Saturday Night we’ll all be dining on Rabbit Stew. But to all those Souths fans just remember when they’re not playing the Knights I’m cheering for your guys.

“When I was a kid we were so poor we couldn’t afford to pay attention” – Mr. T

antonius

Coach
Good stuff Ian, once again on the money, are you having dumplings with your stew, I am. 8)

Doctor

Bench
You make some insightful points about the shared use of company cars. When measured against the sheer magnitude of the Bulldogs' salary cap cheating, one wonders why it is even an issue.

I'm not sure that loyal acts like lending a collegue a car should be seen as breaching a salary cap. Next they're going to say Ken Conway can't buy Matt Parsons a Big Mac because it would be substituting his income by paying him in hamburgers instead of monetary income...... ridiculous! :roll:

IanG

Coach
antonius said:
Good stuff Ian, once again on the money, are you having dumplings with your stew, I am. 8)

Yes but not in the stew. I had them with golden syrup for desert :D
YUMMY!!!!

Johns Magic

Referee
There is plenty to share, I can't be selfish. I think all the LU Knights posters from that era should get on board.

Latest posts