What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 AFC Asian Cup Round 2 - Indonesia v Australia

Indonesia v Australia

• Win

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

griffo346

First Grade
hey guys atleast we got a point the japs got beaten by Bahrain :lol: 1-0

rest of the results

Group A:
Bahrain 1 (Isa 25) Japan 0
Yemen 1 (Al Selwi 52) Hong Kong 0

Group B:
Indonesia 0 Australia 0
Kuwait 0 Oman 1 (Rabea 63)

Group C:
United Arab Emirates 0 Uzbekistan 1 (Tadijev 30)

Group D:
Lebanon 0 Syria 2 (Al Hussain 37, Al Khatib 77)

Group E:
Singapore 2 (Agu Casmir 21, Noh Alam Shah 63) Jordan 1 (Hatem Aqel 41-pen)
Thailand 0 Iran 0

:oops:

Can we stop with the excuses already? It is simply not good enough.

We started a midfield with two DMs against frekking Indonesia. Seriously, that is ridiculous. We have as much creative freedom as a Chinese journalist.

We should have strolled over this side with ease. No ifs or buts. The Dutch mafia had plenty of time to do the homework. They are also getting paid a sh*tload to do it. But of course Pim can now blame Arnold and be absolved of any part in it. Smart man. Too bad his coaching skills aren't as good as his blame deflecting skills.

Pathetic.

it's a point away from home in terrible conditions outside of the fifa window with 7 debutants

seriously, who the f**k do some of you people think we are? brazil?

fish eel

Immortal
:oops:

Can we stop with the excuses already? It is simply not good enough.

We started a midfield with two DMs against frekking Indonesia. Seriously, that is ridiculous. We have as much creative freedom as a Chinese journalist.

We should have strolled over this side with ease. No ifs or buts. The Dutch mafia had plenty of time to do the homework. They are also getting paid a sh*tload to do it. But of course Pim can now blame Arnold and be absolved of any part in it. Smart man. Too bad his coaching skills aren't as good as his blame deflecting skills.

Pathetic.

I didnt watch the game, but am happy we got a point.

Away from home, by reports shocking conditions with a cobbled together side. Take out Craig Moore and Archie Thompson and how many caps did that side have?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
it's a point away from home in terrible conditions outside of the fifa window with 7 debutants

seriously, who the f**k do some of you people think we are? brazil?

FFS, stop making excuses. It's always the conditions, the heat, the FIFA window, blah blah blah. You sound like Arnold.

Is it the pitch, heat or lack of preparation that has stopped us from even getting one half-decent set-piece ball delivered into the box?

Fact is, we should not be playing a midfield stacked full of DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS against f**king Indonesia. That is a joke. They are ranked 144th in the world and we're this ineffective against them.

A physical 1990's NSL composite side would've easily accounted for this Indonesian team. Anyone knows the way to unlock a SE Asian team is to spread it wide and get plenty of high balls into the box. It's a formula that has worked for 40 years, until now when Verbeek decides the best way to play is to try to walk the ball in through the centre or try launching long through balls through the centre against a team that defends deep. :oops:

Our team under Verbeek, HAL players or not, is diabolical pushing forward. The Indonesians looked crisp by comparison.

Anyway, I found Arnold's sideline instructions very entertaining. "Run faster, kick harder". Even funnier how how Slater would not say one semi-negative word about the formation, subs, instructions from the bench, because he is a bum chums with Arnold. Sickening.

FFS, stop making excuses. It's always the conditions, the heat, the FIFA window, blah blah blah. You sound like Arnold.

Is it the pitch, heat or lack of preparation that has stopped us from even getting one half-decent set-piece ball delivered into the box?

Fact is, we should not be playing a midfield stacked full of DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS against f**king Indonesia. That is a joke. They are ranked 144th in the world and we're this ineffective against them.

A physical 1990's NSL composite side would've easily accounted for this Indonesian team. Anyone knows the way to unlock a SE Asian team is to spread it wide and get plenty of high balls into the box. It's a formula that has worked for 40 years, until now when Verbeek decides the best way to play is to try to walk the ball in through the centre or try launching long through balls through the centre against a team that defends deep. :oops:

Our team under Verbeek, HAL players or not, is diabolical pushing forward. The Indonesians looked crisp by comparison.

Anyway, I found Arnold's sideline instructions very entertaining. "Run faster, kick harder". Even funnier how how Slater would not say one semi-negative word about the formation, subs, instructions from the bench, because he is a bum chums with Arnold. Sickening.

f**kin hell you act like we should steam roll every team 5-0 no matter how under strength we are

just face it, that's football and you can't win every game especially when your team was assembled the day before with f**k all time to form any sort of combination

griffo346

First Grade
UMMMM Tim your a clown Galekovic was picked ahead of Vuko coz he had experience in Asia during the Asian Champs League Did Vuko no but he will be better for it when he does.

But do think about it maybe he is better then Vuko

fish eel

Immortal
Better? No

Brainsnaps? Oh god yes :lol:

No Timmah, he is better.

He has more experience and is more reliable.

Vukovic can do some good things. No doubt. But is far too unreliable.

Reliability is a pretty crucial trait for an international keeper.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
f**kin hell you act like we should steam roll every team 5-0 no matter how under strength we are

just face it, that's football and you can't win every game especially when your team was assembled the day before with f**k all time to form any sort of combination

It's not every team, it's F**KING INDONESIA FFS!!!

The blame game is ridiculous. If its not the heat, its the preparation, or the playing surface, or the lack of game time together etc. etc. etc.

The Dutch maestro, DM lover is being paid a f**kload to prepare us for these games.

griffo346

First Grade
HT just quit while ya ahead i agree with TT mate we were not smooth last night 1 training session doesnt help mate so wake up to yourself

Tommy Smith

Referee
Im afraid Hybrid is right.

You weren't playing a respectable Asian nation like Qater, Bahrain or China. You were playing Indonesia.

And with a squad made up of professional players who should be well and truly battle hardened after a full A-League season, how can you not win against what must be a bunch of amateurs. I eman what league do they play-in? Im sure there is an I-League, but after the match they all probably go back to the rice fields.

Indonesia people! C'mon. They rank alongside sides like Laos and Malaysia as teams you should beat every match.

No excuses about it being a difficult away match. In Qatar, Bahrain or similar then yes. But not bloody Indonesia.

when we qualify for the asian cup undefeated and 5 points clear you'll see this game being irrelevant

7 debutants with a day and a half preperation ... what do you expect?

lol qatar respectable? you're having a laugh there

Tommy Smith

Referee
when we qualify for the asian cup undefeated and 5 points clear you'll see this game being irrelevant

7 debutants with a day and a half preperation ... what do you expect?

lol qatar respectable? you're having a laugh there
Qatar are the sort of team that, had Australia played them away in this situation - a team made up of A-league players including 7 debutants on short notice - then a 0-0 draw would have been a very respectable result.

But Indonesia are a full level or two below Qatar. They're a true minnow of world football.

So even though Australia will still qualify comfortably, i dont think it excuses their inability to put one past an amateur Indoesian side who wouldnt have one player good enough to make an A-League squad.

Qatar are ranked 86th in the world. Indoesia are 144th, just below India and Vanuatu and just above Tajikstan and St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

And yet Australia should be content with a 0-0 result?

it doesn't matter what they're ranked ... remember the last asian cup?

the conditions, the preperation, the travel ... it's all a factor

0-0 ... we don't concede a goal, we got a point ... time to move on and stop dreaming that every team in asia is an automatic 5-0 win

hybrid_tiger

Coach
HT just quit while ya ahead i agree with TT mate we were not smooth last night 1 training session doesnt help mate so wake up to yourself

We were not smooth? We could hardly string two passes together!

Fact: we just played a midfield full of DMs against Indonesia.

Fact: we have zero creative freedom under Verbeek.

Fact: Verbeek is being paid top dollar to prepare us for these exact matches, so the excuses of preparation, heat, players are simply not good enough.

Fact: We did not have one half-decent set-piece ball delivered into the box. What is your excuse for this?

I am not expecting us to play like Brazil. I am not expecting us to crush them 5-0. I am not expecting to play pretty football. I am not expecting it to be a walk in the park.

I do expect to be able to carve one decent goalscoring chance against Indonesia. I do expect to be able to string more than two passes together before hoofing it up the field. I do expect for the players to resemble some form of a football team. I do expect a coach who is supposedly an expert in Asia to come up with tactics that will at least allow us to create a couple of chances on goal.

We just went to Indonesia, stacked our midfield full of hacks, put some useless lump of sh1t up top and had him supported by a spastic who plays like an 8-year old high on Red Bull whenever he pulls on an Australian shirt, and played for a 0-0 draw.