What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Mon :: Cowboys 36 Knights 10 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 11 :: Cowboys v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

nql-main-1.jpg

NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS
1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ben Farrar 3. Ashley Graham 4. Willie Tonga 5. John Williams
6. Travis Burns 7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Shane Tronc 9. Aaron Payne 10. Matthew Scott
11. Carl Webb 12. Scott Bolton
13. Luke O'Donnell

Interchange: 14. Anthony Watts 15. Steve Southern 16. Antonio Kaufusi 17. James Tamou
Reserves: 18. Steve Rapira

nwc-alt.jpg

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. James McManus 3. Junior Sau 4. Keith Lulia 5. Akulia Uate
6. Ben Rogers 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark Taufua 9. Isaac DeGois 10. Chris Houston
11. Steve Simpson 12. Zeb Taia
13. Matt Hilder

Interchange: 14. George Ndaira 15. Marvin Karawana 16. Richie Fa’aoso 17. Danny Wicks

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Chris James
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Round 11
North Queensland v Newcastle
Dairy Farmers, Monday 4:45pm

QLD Cup Round 11
Mackay (NQL) v Tweed Heads (GCO)
Mackay Junior Fields, Saturday 7:00pm

Souths Logan (CAN) v Northern (NQL)
Davies Park, Sunday 2:00pm

r11-nqlnwc-1.jpg

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Should be a good game.

Cowboys have beaten the Dragons and then the Warriors away from home. Huge effort there.

But I reckon they are still sh*t, it's just Thurston doing everything.

Shorty

Staff member
^Because Thurston WANTS to do everything.
The games where Cows have strugged, has been where Thurston was put into second receiver and on the left side of the field....
So...you know if you're going to say Cows are still sh*t, it's not because of Thurston and his larger workload:S

That might sound a bit pedantic but Cows fans get sick of the 4 year old 'One/two man team'....especially from a Knights supporter..

Anyway....
I don't know...I'd like to say Cows but I don't think so...not with how the Knights have been playing.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Cowboys are a one-man team. Shut Thurston down, win the game. Quite simple really.

Jono078

Referee
If any of our players fall for his show 'n' go... :x

Right now I feel it will be a 27-20 win to them, but we'll see what happens.

Charlie124

First Grade
Just like last year?

Do you base all of your tips on last year? you must be doing well in your tipping comp this year by tipping the Sea Eagles and Sharks every week and never tipping the wooden spooner Bulldogs...:sarcasm:

Bicey_18

Bench
Do you base all of your tips on last year? you must be doing well in your tipping comp this year by tipping the Sea Eagles and Sharks every week and never tipping the wooden spooner Bulldogs...:sarcasm:

Im coming first in my tipping comp actually :cool:

What are you basing the 13 plus on?

Charlie124

First Grade
Im coming first in my tipping comp actually :cool:

What are you basing the 13 plus on?

Im first in mine too (well, unless the guy i was just ahead of gets a perfect round this week, i got 6/7 so far and tipped the storm tomorrow)

I think we'll win because i think we're a better team, playing at home in a fairly big game just before the bye. I think we'll really turn it on for the crowd.

Im first in mine too (well, unless the guy i was just ahead of gets a perfect round this week, i got 6/7 so far and tipped the storm tomorrow)

I think we'll win because i think we're a better team, playing at home in a fairly big game just before the bye. I think we'll really turn it on for the crowd.

IMO the way the Cowboys play they are the worst TEAM in the comp. Thurston and to a lesser extent Bowen are all they have. The Knights on the other hand have threats all over the park, it could be anyone creating a chance. Pretty sure the ladder paints a clear picture for you.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
hahaha you lot are just as bad as the tigers fans who get their panties in a bunch when someone dares to not get into a circle jerk over robbie farah.

all i did was give my tip and back my team and you guys get all defensive about it.

As for us being a one man team. Thats completely true.... if you choose to ignore Bowen, Payne, O'Donnell, Tonga, Burns etc.... and either way it's very rich coming from knights fans of all people.

Shorty

Staff member
LOL I know right, hiliarious that Knights fans have the gall to use the completely uneducated one man team line...

The Knights are playing well but their place on the ladder is deceptive and they won't be there for long...

Mr Saab

Referee
Cowboys to win (there you go Shorty)
Now do what you usually do and tip against the Broncos...

Spike

First Grade
I reckon the Cowboys will get the win in a close one. Both teams are playing good footy at the moment, but the Cowboys to be too strong at home.

perverse

Referee
cowboys to get up unfortunately. we can't play near-perfect every week.. and i think we're due for a loss.

Latest posts