What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Sun :: Titans 18 Sea Eagles 17 @ Skilled

Round 11 :: Titans v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

gco-main.jpg

GOLD COAST TITANS
1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon 3. Esi Tonga 4. Brett Delaney 5. Chris Walker
6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey (c) 9. Nathan Friend 10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange: 14. Will Matthews 15. Brad Meyers 16. Luke O’Dwyer 17. William Zillman
Reserves: 19. Matthew White 20. Aaron Cannings

man-main.jpg

MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES
1. Michael Robertson
2. David Williams 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 21. Tony Williams
6. Chris Bailey 7. Matt Orford (c)
8. Brent Kite 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry
11. Anthony Watmough 12. Glenn Hall
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Heath L’Estrange 15. Jason King 16. George Rose 17. Shane Rodney
Reserves: 20. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Gavin Reynolds
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup Round 11
Gold Coast v Manly Warringah
Skilled Park, Sunday 12:45pm

QLD Cup Round 11
Mackay (NQL) v Tweed Heads (GCO)
Mackay Junior Fields, Saturday 7:00pm

Norths (BRI) v Ipswich (GCO)
Bishop Park, Sunday 3:00pm

Wynnum-Manly v Sunshine Coast (MAN)
BMD Kougari Oval, Sunday 3:00pm

r11-gcoman.jpg

Last edited:

clipser

Juniors
manly going for 3 wins in a row... i think they can get this one. but it wil be close

mxlegend99

Referee
Very difficult game, with Manly looking to have found some form. I'll back the Titans here since it's their home game.

gong_eagle

First Grade
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Overall Head-to-head Records[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Played 3; Manly 3, Gold Coast 0[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Head-to-head at Skilled Park[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Played 1; Manly 1, Gold Coast 0[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Record Crowd these Clubs (Excludes Finals)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21374 at Skilled Park, 4/7/2008 (Rd 17), Manly Won 34 - 14[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Last 3 Games Head-to-head: Played 3; Manly 3, Gold Coast 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Manly 28 - 10 Brookvale Oval 1/9/2008 (Rd 25)
Manly 34 - 14 Skilled Park 4/7/2008 (Rd 17)
Manly 20 - 6 Brookvale Oval 22/4/2007 (Rd 6)

Biggest Head-to-Head Wins
Manly 34 - 14 Skilled Park 4/7/2008 (Rd 17)

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html
[/FONT]

Coaster

Bench
More like a hurricane at the moment.

over 400 mm in last 24 hours, tomorrow supposed to be even worse.

Wont effect the field to much if it stops, but if it stays like this, good luck kicking into the wind

Lungfish

Juniors
TITANS hooker Nathan Friend has taken a swipe at Manly’s indifferent start to their premiership defence, claiming the club is “eating humble pie” as they struggle to inch up into the top eight.

The experienced 28-year-old rake said he still respects Manly, but believes they are ready to be beaten again when they arrive on the Gold Coast ahead of Sunday’s clash at Skilled Park.
Manly have won just four games from their opening 10 matches, including their past two over Brisbane and Parramatta.

In comparison, the Titans have won six, rounding out the top eight, four points ahead of Manly.
“Every time we have played them there has always been a bit of chit-chat on the field and now I’m sure they have got some confidence back,” Friend explained to The Manly Daily on Wednesday.
“It’s (Manly’s confidence) nothing new.
“But I’m sure they are eating humble pie at the moment, they have lost a few more games this year than they have won.
“We are coming off a couple of losses and the Manly boys come in after a couple of wins, so they will be brimming with confidence.
“I’m just hoping our home crowd will get us over the line.”

Friend said he still rates Manly, but is confident in his team’s abilities to down the NRL champions.
“You can’t knock a side that is used to winning,” he said.
“They have been there, done that, but obviously haven’t been at their best of late.
“They are a fair way from the finals but have shown some form in recent weeks and if they can get their combinations right, they will be tough to beat.
“But I’m confident with our team’s abilities and think we can come away with the chocolates.”

The Sea Eagles would not buy into Friend’s taunts with officials and players refusing to comment.
Prop Jason King said the Titans will be a significant challenge as the premiers aim to make it three on the trot for the first time this year.
“They are a quality football side and we will need to be on our game,” he said.
“They have good go forward and plenty of strike players out wide.
“It’s great to have a couple of wins and the place is a lot happier now, but we know we have plenty of areas to improve on.”

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.a...o-gives-the-premiers-a-touch-up-in-a-case-of/

Manly by 8

Lungfish

Juniors
Manly are cocky and arrogant: Nathan Friend

TITANS hooker Nathan Friend has launched a stunning attack on premiers Manly, labelling the players "cocky", "arrogant" and "disrespectful".

The Sea Eagles visit Skilled Park on Sunday following a bitter last meeting between the two clubs at Brookvale Oval in round 25 last year.
Friend yesterday launched a fresh attack on a Sea Eagles playing group he said was despised by rival NRL teams.

"I've got nothing against the club itself but it's another matter with their playing staff," he said. "The last couple of years they've been pretty successful and they let everyone they play know about it.

"They're pretty cocky.
"In this day and age, there's a lot of respect out on the field between most teams, but all the rules go out the window when you play Manly."

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25515908-5006066,00.html

Words are fine if you can back them up.It should be a very interesting game.

Last edited:

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Who rooted Friend's girlfriend? f**k every time we play the titans he has to open his mouth with some moronic statement.
Maybe he's mad, cause Ballin got his spot in the QLD squad?

He was the one eating humble pie after saying we couldn't win the comp last year.

Coaster

Bench
Hope we f*cking smash you clowns, there is not a team in the comp i hate more then Manly.

Arrogant, cocky, steroid abusing wankers is more fit i am thinking.

Coaster

Bench
Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
But Aggressive guys like Watmough have still been playing better than the majority of the NRL.

Next.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Chris Walker is an aggressive player, doesnt mean he is on steroids.

For the last 2 years the Titans have started like a house on fire and still not made the finals, does that mean you have stopped your cycle of roids mid-season?

Coaster

Bench
For the last 2 years the Titans have started like a house on fire and still not made the finals, does that mean you have stopped your cycle of roids mid-season?

It was a thing called injuries, something your club hardly knows about, since the Actovegin injections.

Downie

Guest Moderator
I guess you think the aggression levels from players such as Watmough Hall ect is natural?

pfft, just cause you are getting away with it, doesnt mean its not happening.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/articles/2008/07/04/1214951041583.html

The problem with these things is they cant last forever, they have to be used in cycles. So if we see a major drop in your performances it should be obvious.

Ohh hang on!

I hope you're a wind up (and a poor one at that) cos that is beyond stupidity.