What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't want Mullen to play in the halves if it means having Campese playing alongside him. Campese will leave Mullen to do everything which at this level, is not acceptable. I'd rather the Blues keep Wallace if they keep Campese in the side

Funny, I noticed him on a number of occaisions calling for the ball only for it to go to wallace to do nothing with...bit hard to do something when you haven't got the pill dingbat.

Ashman

Juniors
I wonder why Farah was considered good tonight- because he didn't pass the ball. If dummy half running is the game plan why select Campo? Wallace doesn't command the ball and cannot control a team. What can be said for the captian Gidley= Fail. Why would he kick 30 metre drop outs while Campo can kick 60m! He didn't seem like a natural fullback to me?
Maybe it is the after match nit picking but N.S.W was only 8 points beyond this almighty Queensland team and only dodgy ref calls stopped it from being a greater contest!
By the way how did JT win man of the match when Inglis was outstanding.

Oh and if i hear ANYTHING about the qld spirit with this victory i will spew, they were expected to win ffs. They currently have a freakishly good side, especially in the backline, and it showed. I think we can turn it around somewhat but if we dont thats footy, we'll be better next year.

I at least feel we have turned the corner this year as we finally have the next generation of blues in the side.

My thoughts exactly. We will likely be beaten in this series but it brings renewed hope in years to come with these new players emerging on the scene.

Dragon

Coach
The team for mine:

1. Kurt Gidley (c)
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Brett Morris
6. Terry Campese
7. Jamie Soward
13. Luke Lewis
12. Luke O'Donnell
11. Ben Creagh
10. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
8. Justin Poore

14. Luke Bailey
15. Brent Kite
16. Trent Waterhouse (if fit)
17. Craig Wing

Soward's kicking game will make a huge difference, and it would hand the organising role over to Campese, who I think would benefit as he does at Canberra from the extra responsibility. Lewis at lock provides an extra ball playing option to relieve a bit of pressure on Campese and Soward if need be.

No... just leave Soward the hell alone plz. And Morris as well. The NSW selectors can go and get farked.

Slackboy72

Coach
My assessment of NSW,
Good: Creagh, Wing, Lewis, Hayne, Weyman
Sub-par: Bailey, Poore, Kite, Gidley, Laffranchi, O Donnell
Bad: Wallace, McManus, Lyon, Farah
Unknown: Campese (where was he?), Jennings (did he ever get passed the ball?)

For mine Mullen or Kimmorley has to come in at half. Yes Kimmorley.
Five eighth is difficult as I can't say that I can recall much that Campese did. If we replace him then Barrett or Soward comes in. So either Kimmorley and Barrett or Mullen and Soward. I would prefer the former combo.
Hooker has to go to Ennis or Wing who took the game by the scruff of the neck and dragged NSW off the floor with an origin worthy performance. Imagine if he had started.
In the backs I would still have Jennings but with two Morris boys and Idris why was Lyon and McManus selected?
As to Gidley at fullback I really only saw his game deteriorate in the last 15 minutes. PLus who would you replace him with?

So for SOO II I would have the following:

1 Gidley
2 B Morris
3 J Morris
4 M Jennings
5 S Hayne
6 T Barrett
7 B Kimmorley
8 L Bailey
9 M Ennis
10 M Weyman
11 B Kite
12 B Creagh
13 L ODonnell

14 C Wing
15 L Lewis
16 J Poore
17 A Laffaranchi

... and if we don't get something near that then I'll have $50 on QLD.

Jason Maher

Immortal
one guess who you support....

Hard to figure out when you consider my avatar and sig isn't it? ;)

Seriously, Poore and Weyman were both better than kite and Bailey tonight. Both Morris boys >>>>> McManus, and NSW need a kicking game, and the best bloke we have to provide that is Jamie Soward. Feel free to rpovide a counter-argument.

Spot On

Coach
Once again the Blues forwards were dominated by two pensioners in Price and Civeno, two nevilles in Harrison and Johnson and by two games in nine months Crocker. Embarrassing. Someone please get our pack to front up with some mongrel in game 2.

Butters

Bench
So for SOO II I would have the following:

1 Gidley
2 B Morris
3 J Morris
4 M Jennings
5 S Hayne
6 T Barrett
7 B Kimmorley
8 L Bailey
9 M Ennis
10 M Weyman
11 B Kite
12 B Creagh
13 L ODonnell

14 C Wing
15 L Lewis
16 J Poore
17 A Laffaranchi

... and if we don't get something near that then I'll have $50 on QLD.

It'd be nice having a ref on the side after tonight, we'll definitely need it.

Red Bear

Referee
Once again the Blues forwards were dominated by two pensioners in Price and Civeno, two nevilles in Harrison and Johnson and by two games in nine months Crocker. Embarrassing. Someone please get our pack to front up with some mongrel in game 2.
Doesnt matter how old they are, they are the two best forwards in the game, i would love to have them in blue colours.

Ashman

Juniors
The Newcastle connection failed N.S.W. tonight there is no doubt about it. J. Hayne was the Blues best tonight that says alot. Can N.S.W. win with so many playmakers trying to play with each other? I don't think it will end well.

Last edited:

fourplay

Juniors
Ben Creagh kept getting himself between Jennings and the ball at every opportunity just so he can run his sh*tty straight line and get a +1 on his stats.

even when their was some space and room for Jennings to do something Creagh would run up 1m on his inside and take the ball.

Sure it works at St George or 5m out from the try line but with class like Jennings there, know when to inject yourself.

Slackboy72

Coach
Suck it up you NSW sooks ... you were totally outclassed by a much better team.
They weren't totally outclassed. QLD were competent. Nothing special.
NSW were just sh*t for 20 minutes, good for 10 minutes and unimaginative and stupid for the rest.

Red Bear

Referee
Suck it up you NSW sooks ... you were totally outclassed by a much better team.
classy classy winner just there

No ones claiming we were dudded, we were outplayed simple as that.

I would like to ask tho whats the rule on blocking defence in a field goal situation? If that attempt from Lockyer went over that would be clear grounds for a penalty to NSW IMO, shepherd plain and simple

8Ball

First Grade
For NSW, the problems were mainly with 1 6 7 and 9

9 Farah -> Best of the lot, but still pretty bad.
7 Wallace -> Shocker, lost count of the hospital passes he threw, but at least tried to organize..
6 Campese -> The most non-existent performance by a half I've seen at origin. Hell was he even out there?
1. Gidley -> Was going along ok, without doing anything flash. Well, until the last 10 minutes, where he wrapped it up for QLD..

Who should stay for game 2? Gidley and Farah deserve another shot. As for the halves I'd have either:
7. Kimmorley (Can't believe I'm saying this..)
6. Mullen

Or

7. Wallace (by a thread)
6. Mullen

..Sure glad I'm a Queensland fan. :)

Latest posts