What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R24 Sat :: Panthers 40 Rabbitohs 10 @ CUA

Round 24 :: Panthers v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Live FOX Sports 2, 7:30pm

teams-pen-main.jpg

1. Jarrod Sammut 2. Junior Tia-Kilifi 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Michael Gordon 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Frank Puletua 9. Paul Aiton 10. Matthew Bell 11. Trent Waterhouse (C) 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Joseph Paulo 17. Maurice Blair
Reserves: 18. Adam Woolnough 19. Tim Grant

teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt 2. Jamie Simpson 3. Colin Best 4. Junior Vai Vai 5. Chris McQueen 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart (c) 9. Issac Luke 10. Scott Geddes 11. Ben Lowe 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. David Fa'alogo
Interchange: 14. Beau Falloon 15. Shannan McPherson 16. David Tyrrell 17. Jaiman Lowe

ref-pink.jpg

Gavin Badger & Bernard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Gavin Reynolds & Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Round 24
Panthers v Rabbitohs @ CUA, Saturday 5:15pm

NSW Cup Round 20 (Split Round)
Windsor (PEN) v Bankstown (BUL) @ Windsor, Saturday 6:00pm
Western Suburbs (WST) 26 lost to North Sydney (SOU) 42 @ Campbelltown, Saturday 3:00pm

r24-pensou.jpg

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
There's too much on the line for the Panthers. If we win it will only be because of the Souths injuries... although i'm not even confident that's enough to give us any sort of chance. Matt Elliott is absolutely terrible when it comes to must win games.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm hoping we can atleast win this clash because its pretty hard to see us winning or even threatening Eels or Knights? I'd prefer they don't come 12th again, 13th is even a possibility if the Raiders win all their games. FFS I'm sick of this mediocrity, why can't they just admit they made a mistake with Elliot?

Penrith by 6. Only because I would believe we'd have enough pride to turn up for this and give ourselves something to play for in the last 2 games.

Considering the players Souths have out, suffice to say if we lose this at home we'll get absolutely belted in the last 2 games. Most would think so.

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
Because of the players Souths have out I think Penrith wrap it up late in the game.

MattJ

Juniors
Penrith should win this, to many injuries for Souths and i think the loss last week will have taken a bit of wind out of our sails.
I dont think we will get smashed, im looking forward to having a few drinks at panthers before and after and hopefully seeing some entertaining footy.
If we keep close to them, we might even cause an upset.
Hopefully Vai Vai and McQueen can handle the job ahead.

Rovelli

Bench
Suprised at the betting market for the Panthers. They are at a very low $1.30.

I think they will win, and they could win easily, but it's a team that hasn't been travelling very well of late. They came back against us (and we suck), were well-beaten by the Dragons, and well-beaten by Brisbane.

Souths still have a mathematical chance of making the 8, but realistically their chances were shattered after last week's loss to the Titans.

So Penrith to get back in the winner's circle, I am predicting a close game though.

Midnight Rabbit

Juniors
Would love to be wrong but can't see us winning, basically lost one third of the team in 8 days. Souths have never been good at covering that type of loss.

Bumble

First Grade
We don't lose much with Champion out for Vai Vai or Talanoa out for McQueen...and personally I think Wing has been poor this year so again, no huge loss.

Crocker however is pivotal, his absence hurts us substantially.

Still, we're still in this finals race, however grimly we're hanging on for survival.

A win here and who knows what's to come?

Whoosh

Juniors
I think the Panthers will get up here, mainly because of Souths injuries. But...I can see why the Panther fans are worried. These are the games that they should win, doesn't always mean they will win. Penrith 32 - 22.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
My heart says Souths but my head says Panthers. The idea of Waterhouse charging down the fringes where Sandow, Ben Lowe and Vai Vai are defending makes me shudder. I think Best and Sutton can handle Jennings and Pritchard though.

This will be a high scoring affair though.

Latest posts