What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gallant

Talanexor

Juniors
Hi everyone.

Cowboys fan here. Matty Bowen will spend the next 10 months on the sideline recovering from another knee surgery and the Cowboys have almost no depth at fullback. We were looking to promote Tom Humble from QLD Cup, but he's just signed with the Eels.

We need a fullback.

I've heard that Gallant isn't half bad, but Sheens has dropped him and moved Moltzen to fullback.

I'll admit I've never seen him play, so I can't pass judgement personally - but do you think Gallant would be a worthwhile signing for the Cowboys, given that he's not getting a run at the Tigers?

We basically need a fullback who can also play somewhere else in the backline - preferably a winger who's good under the high ball and has speed to burn. Does Gallant fit the bill?

DanOz

Juniors
Yes. Hate to see him go but Sheens has back stabbed him, and the Cowboys would love him.

innsaneink

Referee
Sheens didnt drop him, he broke a leg.
Gallants a good, gutsy little player, NRL level capable.
He's been offered an extension I blieve just a couple weeks ago

DanOz

Juniors
Sheens didnt drop him, he broke a leg.
Gallants a good, gutsy little player, NRL level capable.
He's been offered an extension I blieve just a couple weeks ago

Sheens backstabbed him though when he declared Moltzen a better fullback a week after he broke his leg, and then wanted Tuqiri as a fullback for next year - the message is clear.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Hi everyone.

Cowboys fan here. Matty Bowen will spend the next 10 months on the sideline recovering from another knee surgery and the Cowboys have almost no depth at fullback. We were looking to promote Tom Humble from QLD Cup, but he's just signed with the Eels.

We need a fullback.

I've heard that Gallant isn't half bad, but Sheens has dropped him and moved Moltzen to fullback.

I'll admit I've never seen him play, so I can't pass judgement personally - but do you think Gallant would be a worthwhile signing for the Cowboys, given that he's not getting a run at the Tigers?

We basically need a fullback who can also play somewhere else in the backline - preferably a winger who's good under the high ball and has speed to burn. Does Gallant fit the bill?

Yes Gallant would give you good service. I'd hate to see him go but he will never get a fair shake as long as Teflon & co are in charge at WT. Yes, as others have referred to he has broken (or fractured?) his leg when he had finally broken into the main team and the team and himself wass playing well but Sheens continues to whiteant him and minimalise his contribution. I'm sure his contract offer with WT is minimal (only bearing in mind Sheens mindset) and his declared option was to join the NSWPD should rugby league not be able to provide for his family. If another club can make a good offer I'm sure he would actively consider it- be quick.

Gallant is so much more valuable than McDonnel whom I'm sure would be trolling the market trying to find a spot for 2010. He was an under perfromer at WT and has done nothing remarkable at Newcastle.

macnaz

Staff member
There is a post on the sharks forun called CHASE GALLANT, it has some links to some tries he has scored. One actually where he out paced Bowen. Shannon actually watches Bowen videos and tries to base his game on the same style of play....Have a look.

blackandwhite

Juniors
Gallant will always be under pressure while Sheens is at Wests, he may as well go to a team and coach who actually wants him.
North Queensland would be ideal, I can see him fitting in well with their style of play.

I think Moltzen showed last night he is no fullback !

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The N Qld thread here on website now says the N Qld Cowboys are in offical talks with Gallant. Good luck to him- I hope they make him a good offer and he takes it. He will never get a fair shot under Sheens and as much as he may want to join the NSWPD if things dont work out I'd like to see him give rugby league a shot elsewhere to show what he can do.

Good luck to you mighty mouse.

macnaz

Staff member
The N Qld thread here on website now says the N Qld Cowboys are in offical talks with Gallant. Good luck to him- I hope they make him a good offer and he takes it. He will never get a fair shot under Sheens and as much as he may want to join the NSWPD if things dont work out I'd like to see him give rugby league a shot elsewhere to show what he can do.

He will fit in perfectly with the Cowboys, he will be a weapon running of Thurston all day. He would have done the same here with Benji if we didnt have blind coaches.:x.
Good luck MM hope u get a contract mate. :cool: your a champ !

b.bear

Juniors
Gallant will always be under pressure while Sheens is at Wests, he may as well go to a team and coach who actually wants him.
North Queensland would be ideal, I can see him fitting in well with their style of play.

I think Moltzen showed last night he is no fullback !

that's right youve got to have guts and. no fear something moltz doesnt have .loads of talent but, not a fullback.

nomarg

Can't believe we are even thinking about letting this guy go- He doesn't want alot of money and all he wants to do is play for the club and is a goal kicker...

I guess we have already signed Lazarus, Hanbury and Motlzen to fight out the fullback spot.... crazy....