What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears website - 20 Nov 09

Goddo

Bench
Only two days to go until the new Central Coast Bears website is up and running. It has to be a sure thing now: Sponsors, website, merchandise, coaching staff, ground...

There can be no doubt that they will be the next side in the comp. Gallop showed his hand on this one when the Sharks were looking shaky having meetings with the Bears people.

Who the 18th club will be is still anyones guess, but right now I'd say its a two horse race between Central Queensland www.cqnrlbid.com.au, who have been building a strong bid, and Perth www.waredsrugbyleague.com.au, who have been slowly going backwards. But, who knows whats going on behind the scenes with the NZRL pushing for a second side and PNG.

Anyway, here is the link to be clicking come Friday morning and a heads up on the new website

www.centralcoastbears.com.au

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hats off to the Bears, they are really pushing forward. Helps that they already have a strong infrastructure and funding. Barring the NRL deciding they don't want to use an expansion spot on another NSW team i can't see them not getting in. Not what i would call expansion of the game but then this is RL and the Bears have done everything they can, and done it well, to make their inclusion hard to turn down.

In some ways the emergence of the CC of Q'land might be in the Bears favour as i got the sense ideally the NRL would have liked an existing Sydney team to relocate to Gosford. With the CC looking a longer term possibility they may switch their focus to this area as a relocation spot and let the Bears have Gosford.

sharko

Juniors
It would be great for the Bears and great for league in Australia, typical that the idipot Gallop has to be forced to put a team in a growing region, heap of juniors, good infrastructure and a long history.
Any other code would have not killed off the Bears in the first place...but that reflects on that idiot Gallop.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be great for the Bears and great for league in Australia, typical that the idipot Gallop has to be forced to put a team in a growing region, heap of juniors, good infrastructure and a long history.
Any other code would have not killed off the Bears in the first place...but that reflects on that idiot Gallop.

As much as I don't have much faith in Gallop I am pretty sure that this would have been an NRL baord decision. You know the board that is 50% ARL governed. Gallop wouldn;t have the vision to suggest ditching a team!

Joker's Wild

Coach
The Knights have just finallised a 5 year joint venture with the CRL to enter a team in the NSW Cup, the Central Coast Crusaders.

You'd think that if the NRL was planning to admit a CC club before 2015 they would not have allowed such a long term deal to go ahead that effectively ties up the CC jnr base.

It's certainly not a good sign for the Bears

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...old-on-central-coast/1680082.aspx?storypage=0

Last edited:

Doug2234

First Grade
The Knights have just finallised a 5 year joint venture with the CRL to enter a team in the NSW Cup, the Central Coast Crusaders.

You'd think that if the NRL was planning to admit a CC club before 2015 they would not have allowed such a long term deal that effectively ties up the CC jnr base to go ahead.

Yeah i noticed that as well. Cant help the CC Bears bid if the Knights are taking the junior base.

Link here.

THE Newcastle Knights have revealed plans to increase their presence on the Central Coast in a new partnership with the region's rugby league governing body.

The new-look Central Coast Crusaders team will play in the NSW Cup while the Entrance Tigers will play in the Bundaberg Red Cup competition, formerly known as the Jim Beam Cup, in a system that could give youngsters a pathway to the Knights' first-grade side.
The Crusaders side will be selected from elite local players and Newcastle contracted players not involved in NRL or Toyota Cup matches.
The Central Coast previously competed in the NSW Cup under a joint-venture agreement with the Melbourne Storm, while the Entrance Tigers are also no strangers to NSWRL open age competitions, having won the 2007 Jim Beam Cup Premiership. Melbourne pulled out of the partnership this year after deciding to enter its own team in the NSW Cup.
Start of sidebar.

Country Rugby League general manager Terry Quinn said the new link-up would prevent talented junior players being lost.
"Players now have a representative pathway from under 13s through to the NRL,'' he said.

Goddo

Bench

You'd think that if the NRL was planning to admit a CC club before 2015 they would not have allowed such a long term deal that effectively ties up the CC jnr base to go ahead.

True, but didn't the Storm just break their contract 2 years early on the Central Coast to enter their own team, thus giving Newcastle their current oportunity?

The Newcastle deal won't affect the Bears. It was just a smart move by Newcastle to tie up the Juniors for the next 5 years until the Bears come to be.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
True, but didn't the Storm just break their contract 2 years early on the Central Coast to enter their own team, thus giving Newcastle their current oportunity?

The Newcastle deal won't affect the Bears. It was just a smart move by Newcastle to tie up the Juniors for the next 5 years until the Bears come to be.

Unless. of course, the same NRL, CRL types that shafted the Bears twice in the last 10 years are looking to do it again.

Goddo

Bench
Unless. of course, the same NRL, CRL types that shafted the Bears twice in the last 10 years are looking to do it again.

:lol:

Its a conspiracy! News Corp feel they haven't shafted the Bears enough, so they let them back into the comp simply so they can f### em even more!

Thats gold.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does make you wonder why teh bears didn;t move up to the CC now and play as the CC Bears in the NSW cup from next year given there was a golden iopportunity to do so and get their feet under the table right now?

Hindyscrack

Bench
Unfortunately our game needs a team in a large 'expansion' market more then the central coast.

Feel a 'Bears' re-admission should be shelved for quite some time to come.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I find it absolutely unfathomable that the Bears could let Newcastle get the jump on them in such as way.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While Newcastle's deal is all well and good, the evidence is there that the Coast wants a league team. The handful of games the region gets yearly average more than the Central Coast Mariners (a regularly appearing national soccer side), leaving the region to soccer is criminal.

Take into account the population of the Central Coast is similar to that of Canberra from memory. They have a team...

Goddo

Bench
I hope they let the bears back in so all the conspiracy nut bears fans stop sooking... same goes for the Reds..

Imagine how peaceful it would be to have Loudstrat and Perth Red not have big chips on their shoulders.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Take into account the population of the Central Coast is similar to that of Canberra from memory. They have a team...

The Illawarra region has a similar population and they only have half a team (of sorts). I feel a Newcastle Central Coast combined team is whats on the NRL's wish list and that would leave the Bears to look for other areas to link with.

Big-Steve

Juniors
An email I sent to CRL and the reply I got. Sorry about the hard hitting language, but I really was taken aback at the time :?
------------------------------------------------------------
I do not understand why you would sign away our juniors on the coast to a 5 year deal with the Knights.

The Knights have made it very clear they are against us having an NRL side and you sign with them?

Surly you realise this goes against the current bid for 2013.

If it is a Bears thing and you are willing to stop the Coast getting it's own NRL side just because you have a problem with the Bears you should be honest and up front and admit your bias.

Otherwise I do not understand why you would hurt a proposal for an NRL side.

Yours sincerely amazed and bewildered
Steve
------------------------------------------------------------
Steve
I appreciate your comments .
1. the Bears have signed a 3 year deal with Souths.
2. it is imperative that a NSW Cup side is maintained on the Coast.
3. it is important that we raise the profile of the NSW Cup.
4. it is important that we do not loose teams in the NSW Cup.
5. it is important that there is a strong infrastructure on the Coast
incase they do get a franchise.
6. if a franchise is granted on the coast the Knights withdraw. At any
stage.
7. I don't believe the Bear brand is the right one for the Coast.
The Coast should have its own fresh Identity if granted a franchise.(my
opinion only)
9. I do not have any say on who gets a franchise and where but if the
Bears managed to get one, I am quite sure the Central Coast and CRL
would work with them as we did previously.

Terry Quinn

Latest posts