What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Alex28

Coach
As a manly fan the broncos were the best team in 1997 and had we won that grand final it was never gonna mean the same as full premiership anyway - considering the drug use that was evident after the game there is no credibility left for newcastle to claim a premiership that season.
Sore loser much? You can say all you want about "IF Manly won" and what it would have meant...they didn't. They were the losers in a fairytale game that re-ignited the game.

It made it even better that we beat Manly and Doogs trod on the face of Toovey!

Alex28

Coach
Finally an ARL supporter who can recognize the real. LOL @ the Knights crying and blowing their load after they beat Manly in that game. It was hilarious considering it was only half a comp. LOL @ Harrogan's tears especially.
At least we didn't have to breach the salary cap to win Grand Finals champ...

As I said, the Raiders have been a nothing club for the last 15 years and that doesn't look like changing. Lucky you guys still have the Sharks around!

* Edit - 20 years is probably a bit harsh. 15 years is more like it, albeit they only achieved in the early 90's because they cheated the salary cap...

Last edited:
LOL @ Fairytale that re-ignited the game. I don't suppose you count roid use as part of the "fairy-tale" (Fairy being the operative word).

And what "Doogs" did was LOW. He was obviously showing his roid rage when he pulled that crap.

No matter what you say, it's still half a comp.

Alex28

Coach
Half a comp more than you guys have won in a long time champ...half a comp more than you are likely to win in the next 20 years too!

Apey

Staff member
As a manly fan the broncos were the best team in 1997 and had we won that grand final it was never gonna mean the same as full premiership anyway - considering the drug use that was evident after the game there is no credibility left for newcastle to claim a premiership that season.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

bullsh*t :lol:

ManlyMania

Juniors
Sore loser much? You can say all you want about "IF Manly won" and what it would have meant...they didn't. They were the losers in a fairytale game that re-ignited the game.

for half a comp? - not a chance - the one one that hurt was 07 but we got that back in a massive way the next year :lol:

whether you like it or not that comp will always have an asterix attached.

johns_reds

First Grade

I said i felt sorry for the club in the other thread but when i read sh*t like this from thier supporters i kind of hope that the danny wicks saga digs deeper into the club and half thier players get exposed for drug usage.

That final didn't have much quality in it and was a crap game with a very lucky win at the end, It was hardly a fairtale that re-ignited the game.

Alex28

Coach
F*** me some of you guys bite hard...

A premiership is a premiership is a premiership. You can only play what is in front of you at the time and the stats will always say in 1997 the Knights won the ARL premiership. It is only you guys - who follow teams that didn't win the ARL premiership - that are putting asterix's next to anything, and to be honest your opinion means f*** all.

ManlyMania

Juniors
F*** me some of you guys bite hard...

A premiership is a premiership is a premiership. You can only play what is in front of you at the time and the stats will always say in 1997 the Knights won the ARL premiership. It is only you guys - who follow teams that didn't win the ARL premiership - that are putting asterix's next to anything, and to be honest your opinion means f*** all.

ooops - sore point but unbfortunately for you - true. :crazy:

Dutchy

Immortal
We lost, they won. f**k the half comp, f**k the drugs, we were better all year and should have won it. No excuses. Newcastle are rewnowned for being merkins and winning games they are expected to lose, always have, and probably always will.

m0nty

Juniors
for half a comp? - not a chance - the one one that hurt was 07 but we got that back in a massive way the next year :lol:

whether you like it or not that comp will always have an asterix attached.

asterix.gif

Last edited:
I said i felt sorry for the club in the other thread but when i read sh*t like this from thier supporters i kind of hope that the danny wicks saga digs deeper into the club and half thier players get exposed for drug usage.

That final didn't have much quality in it and was a crap game with a very lucky win at the end, It was hardly a fairtale that re-ignited the game.

It was better than Manly winning. :sarcasm:

I think that is the funniest, he's in schools preaching one thing out in the world doing another,

The NRL did a sh*t job this year picking people to represent it - first Stewart then Inglis. Now Newcastle have shown the same talent for picking the wrong person for a job .... Wicks probably meant to tell the kids not to use the other dealers' drugs, just his.

fred92

Juniors
The NRL did a sh*t job this year picking people to represent it - first Stewart then Inglis. Now Newcastle have shown the same talent for picking the wrong person for a job .... Wicks probably meant to tell the kids not to use the other dealers' drugs, just his.[/QUOT
I think Newcastle's questioning of their players will go nowhere. If the club was serious about eradicating drug use the whole squad would have been tested, but I doubt that any of the clubs would like to see their player's drug tested en masse especially off season. Clubs are not to blame for drugs in sport. I hope it's all systems go for Newcastle.