What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three years jail for ex-Knight Danny Wicks

jc155776

Coach
All of these League Problems have only come about since Women have been given the right to vote.

It's their fault.

macavity

Referee
I think Newcastle's questioning of their players will go nowhere. If the club was serious about eradicating drug use the whole squad would have been tested

we do 300 tests a year - all year round.

what do people want, daily testing? hourly? tracking anklets? lock them up between games?

stupid people will do stupid things - and wicks is a very stupid person.

just a shame a club, and a game, have to wear the stigma of his stupidity - because that is no more valid than any other profession or organisation wearing a stigma due to the actions of one or a few.

Brutus

Referee
I just hope his NRL career is over (jail will probably confirm that anyway).

I do not want to see the fat turd running around in an NRL jersey ever again.

Fancy winning a community award for drug awareness. I suppose he wiped his arse with it when he got home. Either that, or he ate it.

Extremely disappointing.

jc155776

Coach
Testing Wicks may not have even found the problem out. Dealers often do not touch their own sh*te because they know the dangers involved.

I just hope his NRL career is over (jail will probably confirm that anyway).

I do not want to see the fat turd running around in an NRL jersey ever again.

Fancy winning a community award for drug awareness. I suppose he wiped his arse with it when he got home. Either that, or he ate it.

Extremely disappointing.

probably.

Why doesn't the NRL just come out and publish summarised results of all their drug testing over the last couple of years?

At the moment players know if they do test positive just the once then it will be kept inhouse and not even an overall figure of total positive tests released publicly.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Why doesn't the NRL just come out and publish summarised results of all their drug testing over the last couple of years?

At the moment players know if they do test positive just the once then it will be kept inhouse and not even an overall figure of total positive tests released publicly.

If all codes in this country were serious about defeating drugs in sport they would ALL do this...

Or simply, test positive anytime for anything and they are banned for 2 years.

roopy

Referee

Because 60% of people under 30 have taken recreational drugs at least once.
If the League wanted to do a hair test on all the players we could sack half the players at all clubs - and every sport in the country could do the same thing.
It amazes me that people on the forum keep expecting young league players will be the only group of young men in the country who don't use recreational drugs - when over half the forum members do (statistically).

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he was raising awareness about how to use and where to buy

at elast the knights seem to have the good sense to question people individually and not hold a 'truth session'

beave

Coach

not at my club. We sacked Mitchell Sargent for testing positive to cocaine a few years ago (shock horror, who did he sign with a few days later TIC). He was a decent player and I hated seeing him have to go, but I was proud for once at the way NQ handled something of a controversial nature. I will admit, if it was a player like JT or Bowen, I'm not sure if it would have been handled in the same manner, but I would like to hope that they would. I do not want players like that in the team I love so much.

beave

Coach
If the League wanted to do a hair test on all the players we could sack half the players at all clubs - and every sport in the country could do the same thing.
It amazes me that people on the forum keep expecting young league players will be the only group of young men in the country who don't use recreational drugs - when over half the forum members do (statistically).

do you class alcohol as a recreational drug???

shear_joy9

Coach

source?

that's a ridiculous comparison.

The average joe isn't a professional sports player that has written in their contract and been told time and time again the consequences of using illicit drugs.

roopy

Referee
I was asking a pretty valid question........feel free to continue to be a f#$kwit however.
You obviously want to make some point about alcohol, which has nothing to do with this discussion.
You know the answer to your 'question' - and i'm not going down your silly sidetrack - so f**k you very much.