What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you eat your Weetbix?

In an effort to start eating healthier and get my day off to a better start with a good breakfast, I've decided to take up eating Weetbix.

I've never really liked them, but I figure that they taste marginally better than porridge and oats and a lot of the other grainy stuff that you are supposed to eat for breakfast, so I'm going to give them a good run.

I find that you can train your taste buds and have taught myself to eat and actually enjoy, other foods that I previously didn't like.

Something which helps to speed the process along is if you can dress the offending food item up a little to begin with.

Therefore, my question to you all is how do you eat your weetbix? Please don't just say - "With milk", because I'm looking for creative ways to make these things taste better and hopefully add to the nutritional value as well. Hopefully someone has a left field suggestion that will make these things more pallatable.

roopy

Referee
Hot water and milk. You soften them with the smallest amount of hot water to cover them all, which soaks in - then top up with a bit of milk.
They are much nicer hot.
Fruit is nicer and better for you than sugar to sweeten them.
Blueberries and Banana for me.

roopy

Referee
My brother used to eat them with butter and vegemite - not bad. (not from a bowl - like they were a biscuit)

My father hated milk, so he ate them with a tub of peaches and juice tipped over them - also not bad.

Apey

Staff member
a lot of sugar.. lol. I think I almost defeat the purpose.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I have mine with berries and yogurt. If you mash them all together it makes a tasty berry/yogurt/wheat paste kinda thing.

roopy

Referee
Milk, cream and brown sugar
I used to love cream on weetbix when i was a kid - milk often had a bit of cream on the top in those days - dollop of cold cream on hot weetbix - bloody beautiful - but not the healthiest.

roopy

Referee
Another way to have them is with hot milk - just heat the milk in the microwave - lovely malty flavour when they are hot.

roopy

Referee
Talking of malty flavour - i live near the weetbix factory, and i can often smell them cooking - very nice in the morning.

JB

Juniors
1. Cover Weet Bix with sugar
2. Melt with hot water
3. Stir until 1 big mush
4. Add milk
5. Add Highlanders Condensed milk to top things off.

.....ahh, food of the gods...

Latest posts