What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All deals are off until you find form: Parra boss

fish eel

Immortal
Tahu may not be playing well at the moment, nor is he getting younger, but he is all CLASS and he is experienced, too - unlike our entire squad he's won an NRL Premiership, and unlike a lot of them he's played for NSW and Australia.

I like Tahu. Think he is a great player and will only get better.

I'm just questioning whether we needed him, whether, looking at our squad, the money on him could have been better spent?

Parra09

Juniors
Completely piss poor way of doing business IMHO. Apart from anything else, you've got 1 and maybe 2 guys amongst the 4 there that arent playing bad football..... and another 13 that dont look like they could give a rats but who are lucky enough to already be contracted.

It's just the sort of thing to make the likes of Inu and Grothe check the mailbox twice a day........ just to see who might have dropped a contract offer in there.

CrazyEel

Bench
I do agree on that though, no need fpor kid gloves and a spade needs to be called a spade

Yeah, I hope based on four games we dont over react who in we sign or not sign. If the off contract guys play half a dozen blinders, do they get a top deal?

The Tahu situation is interesting. I'm happy to have him back, but to be honest, it's a position we're already strong in (dont forget Jono Wright!), but his deal will go up next year....and face it, he is only here because of Paul Osborne.

I wonder if the money Tahu is on this year and then next could have kept Kingston and brought back, say Trent Hodkginson who stagger has said wanted to come back was told there was no room?
I was happy to have Tahu back but when I saw Staggers post re Hodkinson I was mightily pissed off, still am.

I don't blame Robbo, he can only provide what he has to offer but I do wonder about Ozzie or DA who should have seen last year that Robbo didn't offer a lot and yet passed up a golden opportunity to snare Hodkinson as a plan b. I just hope KK or Mortz quickly achieves their potential otherwise we lose another year from piss poor planning.

There are some really stupid rules in the cap, because of those we had to choose between Robbo and Kingston as both were going to be calculated higher than their contracts this year.

One bad decision leads to another IMO, maybe wrong here but I think we could have kept Kingston if we had taken Hodkinson back and released Robson.

BissyB

Juniors
Grothe should be resigned. Tahu was a waste of money, we have a quality back line, and at the moment Tahu looks the worst out of all of them. I like this approach. If the players take offers elsewhere, let them go, proves they don't want to work hard for a contract. I just want to keep Grothe and KK, the rest can go if they think they can put in little effort and grab a contract.

BissyB

Juniors
Also, Hodkinson coming back would be great. Defends like Robson and attacks better than him. Win Win

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Tahu may not be playing well at the moment, nor is he getting younger, but he is all CLASS and he is experienced, too - unlike our entire squad he's won an NRL Premiership, and unlike a lot of them he's played for NSW and Australia.

But how many years ago was that?

And his form is not good at all, how many chances will he get?

Whilst I don't believe he is the problem I still question the signing.

eels_fan

First Grade
i think its a good move from Ozzie. Fear of loss is the greatest motivator in life. Sure, their player managers can look elsewhere, but the majority of our team are close knit and will want to stay together.

Also, did Ozzie specifically signal out Mateo, Inu etc or did the Tele and Herald do that for him?

I couldnt really see him saying "we wont be talking to Inu, Grothe, KK and Mateo until they win games"

More like "we wont be dealing with any contract issues till we start winning games"

Parra Steve

Juniors
Im more concearned that Ossie spoke to the media regarding the player contracts. i would much rather it be kept quiet and behind closed doors. Im sure the players are impressed they've been signalled out in the paper.

Im more concearned that Ossie spoke to the media regarding the player contracts. i would much rather it be kept quiet and behind closed doors. Im sure the players are impressed they've been signalled out in the paper.
do you really think something as big as this wouldn't leak out to the media? its not like they haven't been fed stories from the club before

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hindy on Ten news saying he's dissapointed about the club putting this out to the media

Screw 'em. If you can't stand the heat then don't ask for a bazillion dollar contract.

And I hate to say this, but...screw Hindy. The people that have a right to know about this are us - the fans. It's OUR football team, they play for US. The likes of DA and Osbourne have to justify themselves to US before anybody else.

If the players can't handle this being public then don't sign up for a public job. This isn't their private lives, this is about the football side of things and I have every right to know how my Club is acting in relation to contracts.

BissyB

Juniors
This looks like causing discord within the team... This can't be good. Come on parra Monday is a must win

well 2 things will happen, ethier we smash Canberra by 40 pts or we get beat 20-0.
This is a test of character for the players, Ando needs to set goals for the next 4 games.

SCoops

Juniors
Screw 'em. If you can't stand the heat then don't ask for a bazillion dollar contract.

And I hate to say this, but...screw Hindy. The people that have a right to know about this are us - the fans. It's OUR football team, they play for US. The likes of DA and Osbourne have to justify themselves to US before anybody else.

If the players can't handle this being public then don't sign up for a public job. This isn't their private lives, this is about the football side of things and I have every right to know how my Club is acting in relation to contracts.

As much as I hate to admit this ;-).. but i totally agree 100% with all that HJ said.:crazy:

Cheers
Coops

Last edited:

Latest posts