What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team V Wests

Apey

Staff member
Haha I can't help but think like Perverse.

I tipped us and was quietly confident we would win this week because I figured most people would have us down as losing that game. I reckon it goes both ways. We won, the Tigers were dreadful - and now we're going to be expected to win this. I just reckon we have a habit of doing the opposite of what the expectation is of us. Maybe I just have sh*t luck when it comes to tipping the Knights.

Hopefully I'm just being negative and the team will get their act together and give the home crowd their second victory of the season..

Yosh

Coach
Boys boys boys... Why the pessimism? We have the messiah playing for our team again. Aku is offically the best player in the world.

He hits the ball up like Shane Webcke
He runs faster than Blacklock
He catches bombs like Lockyer of old
He scores tries he he isn't trying (pun of the century)
and he sets them up to like Joey

Sure hyperbole much Yosh? Yes but seroiusly don't be too down boys. We are coming off the back of a good win against one of our rival teams and I'm sure the Roosters will be missing a couple of players to Origin to.

So... Anyone know where Aku lives? Need to stalk him some more!

Rolla

Juniors
Yosh Aku is on fire...Last thing he needs is some lunatic calling then breathing through the phone or silouettes in his bathroom window when he is showering haha...

Seriously though a MASSIVE hats off to him...

He is leading the NRL in tries and line breaks (Must be near the top for meters and tackle breaks too but dunno where to find these stats)
This achievement is all the more impressive given that his team has been losing, his halves have been poor and his centre has been...well.... Lulia or Wes.

Yet still arguably the best attacking back in the game in 2010 thus far...

Serc

First Grade
Aku is 12th in average metres per game

And I'd prefer to wait until this round updates for the tackle break stats...though Dugan has 65 from 8 games, and Aku has 45 from 9.

Very cool to see him ahead of Brett Morris in the try scoring department though :) and on top of line breaks too!

Rolla

Juniors
Just checked and only Dugan (by 3m) boyd, hayne and Gallen have made more meters than aku (slightly). Dugan has made 4 more runs but the other three have made between 20 and 45 more.

Dont know how to check tackle busts though.

Of course he has played every game so that helps.

Yosh

Coach
Oohhh... Sorry what was I thinking? Haha too excited... Pity the Wests won't be missing too many through Origin... Only Tuquri?

Gene Krupa

Referee
I don't care about stats. Just look at THAT try!

What's more impressive, the perfectly timed run or the fact bamboozled Mini then carried 3 over the line? He still had alot of work to do to get the ball down.

Wow!

Rolla

Juniors
I still dunno why aku was onto it so fast... i mean you would think it was a set play, yet if you look at Corey's reaction it suggests that he miss-kicked the ball. Perhaps the plan was to kick it longer and higher and aku could race it all the way to the in goal area where he catches it on the full? lol. it was amazing though, Aku is sure building himself a nice little highlight real, with that one topping the list.....so far.

Jono078

Referee
So who will be missing first?

McDonnell
McManus
MacDougall
Sau?
Mullen
Gidley (origin)
De Gois
Tuimavave
Taia?

1 Wes Naiqama
2 Akuila Uate
3 Junior Sau
4 Keith Lulia
5 Cooper Vuna
6 Ben Rogers
7 Scott Dureau
8 Ben Cross
9 Matt Hilder
10 Dan Tolar
11 Steve Simpson
12 Cory Paterson
13 Mark Taufua
--
14 George Ndaira
15 Richie Fa'aoso
16 Joel Edwards / Cam Ciraldo / Sione Tovo
17 Con Mika

Is what I see Rick doing.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not sure about McDonnell, MacDougall or Sau.

But McManus, Mullen, Gidley (origin), De Gois, Tuimavave and Taia, yes.

Rolla

Juniors
Assuming that you are correct on the injuries Jono i expect to see the same thing, with hopefully edwards or tovo on the bench not cam as we need another prop (we have mika and hilder when ndaira comes on for backrow).

Would really like to see pete get a run at fullback this week...or centre if junior is out (or if he is in too)

Latest posts