What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R11 | Sun | Warriors 26-24 Rabbitohs | Mt Smart

Result: Warriors v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Lance Hohaia 2. Kevin Locke 3. Brent Tate 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Bill Tupou 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Mataupu Poching 11. Simon Mannering (C) 12. Ukuma Ta'ai 13. Micheal Luck

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Ian Henderson 16. Ben Matulino 17. Russell Packer
Reserves: 18. Jesse Royal

2010teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Scott Geddes 9. Issac Luke 10. Luke Stuart (c) 11. Sam Burgess 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Jason Clark
Reserves: 18. Luke Capewell
Not available due to State of Origin: Dave Taylor (QLD)

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 11
Warriors v Rabbitohs @ Mt Smart, Sun 1:45pm NZT (LIVE FOX Sports 2, 11:45am AEST)

NSW Cup Round 11
Auckland (NZW) v Shellharbour (STG) @ Mt Smart #2, Sat 1:00pm
North Sydney (SOU) v Windsor (PEN) @ North Sydney Oval, Sat 3:00pm

r11-nzwsou.jpg

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i can't even remember the last time we beat souths. was it 66-0 or did we beat them in 2007 as well?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
i can't even remember the last time we beat souths. was it 66-0 or did we beat them in 2007 as well?

We beat them in 2007. We shouldn't have won that game, but we somehow managed to. I think it was a Witt kick to the corner for Byrne to score in the final minute or something like that. 18-16 us.

Bumble

First Grade
We beat them in 2007. We shouldn't have won that game, but we somehow managed to. I think it was a Witt kick to the corner for Byrne to score in the final minute or something like that. 18-16 us.

Yep, two tries in the last 2 minutes. But you deserved to win iirc because there was a completely legitimate try ruled out by the video ref for 'obstruction'. It was Dragons against Bulldogs level of bad I recall...

Rovelli

Bench
Up until then, I don't think we had lost to them between the time they got re-admitted to June 2008.

The Souths team is very strong - even without Taylor - you'd almost install them as slight favourites, despite the game being played at Mt Smart.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams and officials:
New Zealand Warriors v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sunday 23 May 2010, 2:00pm AEST - Mt Smart Stadium (4:00pm NZT)
Referees: Gavin Badger & Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Warriors:
1. Lance Hohaia 2. Kevin Locke 3. Brent Tate 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Bill Tupou 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour 8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Mataupu Poching 11. Simon Mannering (C) 12. Ukuma Ta'ai 13. Micheal Luck
Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Ian Henderson 16. Ben Matulino 17. Russell Packer; Reserves: 18. Jesse Royal
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Scott Geddes 9. Issac Luke 10. Luke Stuart (c) 11. Sam Burgess 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Jason Clark; Reserves: 18. Luke Capewell
(Not available: Dave Taylor QLD)

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19284

Martli

Coach
If the warriors lose this match they can kiss any hope of making the 8 good bye. You'd have to think souths would be favourites for this coming off their last win and with the warriors getting a rather poor win over an even poorer cowboys team.

Paullyboy

Coach
Good to see Crocker back, Souths by 16

I'd love to see him actually play, but I'll believe it when I see it. This is about the 4th time he's been named on the bench this year - and each other time he didn't go close to playing.

Big Pete

Referee
Rabbits easy.

If the Warriors had their big guns available I would be saying otherwise, but injury has truly ripped this club apart in 2010.

2011 is looking like the real deal though.

Penance

Juniors
2GB State Asotasi MIGHT play, he made a great recovery, and he will do a final fitness test tomorrow. He went to NZ with them

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If Asotasi plays? You mean we actually had a chance without him playing? That's news to me.

Sutton to cause havoc, Burgess to cause havoc, Luke to cause havoc, everyone else will do their job and that's all you need this time.

The first 20 mins might be willing, but looking at the Warriors bench, it's pretty small and innefective.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm surprised by the lack of faith being shown in the Warriors (especially given the whole "Keep the Faith" crap)

I think the Warriors are massive specials here. The bunnies really aren't that great, and the Warriors at home is a very tough assignment.

I'm surprised by the lack of faith being shown in the Warriors (especially given the whole "Keep the Faith" crap)

I think the Warriors are massive specials here. The bunnies really aren't that great, and the Warriors at home is a very tough assignment.

Warriors are inconsistent at home and this is what the punters would be thinking...