What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis Team vs England

ozbash

Referee
has he?? when??

wayne bennett won the kiwis the world cup...Kearney failed to get them to the 4nations final..

sure spud, sure...

and the poms won ?????

kiwis by 30.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Don't understand the love for Kearney, his tactics and selections last year were very baffling and looking at this nothing has changed

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I don't think he got found wanting.....we should have won the first game against Australia bar a missed conversion close to the posts and then in the English game we had a mare. And then he coached us to our best ANZAC test performance in about 12 years.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I'm ok with the team. I would of liked to of seen Perrett in there somewhere though. And I would of started with Luke at hooker too tbh.

Not sure on Eastwood as a starting prop. Would of liked to of seen one genuine NRL starting prop up front. I'm ok with Blair being there though, that backrow's just too strong to break into. That starting trio is awesome. Then you look at the guys on the bench - wow. There's some genuine strike-power in the backline too.

It's one of the best Kiwi sides on paper i've ever seen. We just need them to rip in and get the results. I'm confident.

I agree completely, I think Eastwood would have been benched with maybe Pritchard dropping off had Fui Fui been fit.

Would love to have seen Perret in for Nightingale.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
How the hell is Sau anywhere near that team? I wouldn't even pick him for toyota cup with the way he has played this year. I would say he is close to the worst defensive centre in the league and hes lack of pace hampers him in attack.

I would probably start Luke. IMO he has probably been the best player in the world this year when he is fit. He is NZ's number one weapon. Having said that i do understand why he is on the bench.

I am concerned about Hohaia as well. I think the poms won't be able to exploit him but i wont be surprised when Australia do.

The forward pack looks good but it will be interesting to see how much go forward they have. They are a little light in the props and Blair has been very average this year. I really think they ought to be starting Sika Manu to add some size and go forward to the starting pack.

Funny thing is, last year it was Englands kicking game against the Kiwis that got them into the final.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Pretty happy with the team. Happy that Ben Matulino gets a deserved spot ahead of JWH, but expected Sika Manu to be in there somewhere.

Will reserve judgment on Eastwood at prop, it doesn't make much sense to me but he was great against Samoa. Ultimately Smith and Mannering are there to do the grunt work if needed as well as Ben and FPN on the bench.

docbrown

Coach
Strange. I was just watching a movie and "Land of Hope & Glory" came on.

Do the English team have an official song? It's such a stirring anthem.

roughyedspud

Coach
official song?? or national anthem?? god save the queen...it our anthem

but i prefer land of hope and glory...

docbrown

Coach
official song?? or national anthem?? god save the queen...it our anthem

but i prefer land of hope and glory...

Sorry I shouldn't have said anthem. I know it's God Save The Queen.

I kind of mean like how the union boys sing Swing Low Sweet Chariot. Is there an official song for the English Rugby League team?

If not - Land of Hope & Glory would be a good one. It's quite soul stirring.

ozbash

Referee
Be Afraid England, Be Very Afraid

Manu Vatuvei isn't sure if he intimidates England's rugby league team, but he can't argue with the statistics.
It is a rare game in which Vatuvei doesn't cross the chalk and flash his famous smile for the cameras. He has a tremendous track record against England, including his record-breaking four-try haul at the 2008 World Cup.
Not to mention he's 1.89m, 112kg and nicknamed The Beast.
But intimidating?
Who, me?
"That's good if it is [intimidation] but I've just got to do my best and try and get across that line," Vatuvei said with a grin in Wellington yesterday. "If not, I'll keep trying."
Vatuvei has shaken off the cramp suffered in last Saturday's 50-6 romp over Samoa and is working hard on his kick receptions at training.
His aerial ability shapes as a real weapon as he readjusts to the style of halves Benji Marshall and Nathan Fien.
"It is going well. The boys had practice before training and everything is looking good. Benji always puts it on the money and Fieny, too.
"Whoever puts the kick up, I'll contest it every time."
Vatuvei has mixed memories from his last game at Westpac Stadium.
Back in 2006 he scored a try in a 34-4 demolition of Great Britain, but he missed his daughter's birth to be there.
"I missed that birth but I came back and played for the boys and I did my best and I was happy with how I played in that game."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/4255481/Be-afraid-England-be-very-afraid

NGR

Juniors
I love it when people judge someone from 2 years ago and assume they are the same... :lol:

Isaac Luke was a rookie two years ago, who didnt have the match fitness to last.. 2 years on he was leading the dally m as an 80minute player...

If kearney wanted to use two hookers, why didnt he draft that warriors hooker into the side? He was explosive for short parts of the game so it would have complemented having 2 explosive hookers.. Instead, he has an average halfback playing hooker to start the game off, whilst keeping this years best hooker on the bench..

Springs

First Grade
I love it when people judge someone from 2 years ago and assume they are the same... :lol:

Isaac Luke was a rookie two years ago, who didnt have the match fitness to last.. 2 years on he was leading the dally m as an 80minute player...

If kearney wanted to use two hookers, why didnt he draft that warriors hooker into the side? He was explosive for short parts of the game so it would have complemented having 2 explosive hookers.. Instead, he has an average halfback playing hooker to start the game off, whilst keeping this years best hooker on the bench..

I love it when people judge a game plan before actually seeing it in action...

kuwaiti kev

Juniors

I love it when people judge a player because they don't see him playing week in week out. Thomas Leuluai is the half back for the best club side in the Northern Hemisphere not to mention man of the match from their grand final. I would say he is better than average. He also plays very well at hooker as does Fein which gives the kiwi's plenty of onfield options for4 dummy half and first receiver, not to mention an extra kicking option.

If NZ had no other players capable of breaking the line then maybe Luke would play more minutes, but the fact is we have plenty of large skillful forwards and large skillfull backs that can break the line. All that can mean nothing though if you don't have a half decent kicking game, hense an extra kicking option in Leuluai.

Watch and see.

and please don't get me wrong I love the way Luke plays and would rather watch him play 80 minutes at hooker, but what I enjoy watching even more is NZ winning!!!!!

applesauce

Bench
Saturday's opening Four Nations match between New Zealand and England marks 100 years of international Rugby League on Kiwi soil. To honour the historic event, both teams will be playing in special heritage strips for the game.

73378_156852677686397_133683186670013_278261_347851_n.jpg
71868_156845807687084_133683186670013_278249_3343132_n.jpg

NGR

Juniors
I love it when people judge a game plan before actually seeing it in action...

i watched luke play limited time for 2 years buddy.. 1st year it made sense, 2nd year it was for safety... now he has evolved... comprende?

Latest posts